House Price Crash Forum

12 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

I disagree but even if correct I very much doubt that most will be winners post furlough...and that fact will not be lost on them. However I am sure there will be some idiots who spend all on the hope that they will be bailed out.

Sunak has only delayed the inevitable.

I am sure somewhere in the press some statistics showed that 60% were better off and 40% lost out of furlough economy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

Yes and I would add that most posters on here are going to be of a higher IQ than average by the nature of the material we discuss. The wold outside of HPC is quite frightening ATM

1460497211_5198.png&h=764&w=1360&t=fit&o

4 minutes ago, nightowl said:

Fear can be a huge motivator generally, but it seems sometimes it goes into overdrive and people translate that fear into wanting to control and dictate to others. 

As for the meme, it does play on that fear that everyone else has to do something to protect you despite already having done so yourself won't work without it🤨

There is I'm sure an aspect of fear of others not doing the same as you and making that person insecure in their actions and decisions....look at the hatred for anyone here who dares buy a new build from those who wouldn't.

Or could it be that some are far better at assessing risks, risk to both themselves and others around them......everything we do has a risk attached to it.....the risk of doing something as opposed to not doing it.;)

18 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

Actually on reflection...let’s call it approx 240Bn in a country of approx 60Mn. Has each man woman and child really saved the equivalent of 4K each??

Just checked and between my partner and myself, over £12k more savings than March 31st 2020.

Mind you, we're anti-social bu55ers now that we've moved out to the sticks!

1 hour ago, winkie said:

Or could it be that some are far better at assessing risks, risk to both themselves and others around them......everything we do has a risk attached to it.....the risk of doing something as opposed to not doing it.;)

Whilst everything has a risk many people give the impression of having no threshold, at least with anything that isn't a very routine part of day-to-day life. My own view is there's a point at which the risk is low enough that I simply don't care that it's there (see taking a Covid vaccine for one example).

1 hour ago, Huggy said:

They certainly were. England and Scotland won their Euro games yesterday too, all good in the run up to Easter.

If it really was like 2007 (I mean a proper 2007 where the feckless debtors and bad banks get wiped out), then I personally will (should) never have had it so good :)

Amen to that!

9 hours ago, winkie said:

Maybe I should say fear of the unknown rather than normal fear, where the assessment of the threat is harder to make because of no prior experience of it to work from and number blindness makes analysis harder.

On 01/04/2021 at 08:17, skinnylattej said:

Five days self catering in Iceland ,£500.

Eight days half board in Faro, £630.

yes plenty of cheap holidays around, the agents booking systems do make mistakes sometimes too. and browser cache must always be cleared or the prices go up when they know you have been searching. 

couple years back i was looking at all inclusive in cyprus and a 5* hotel holiday came up good flights 10 nights for about £500 which is a bargain considering all food and drink (alcohol) is included. stupidly i never booked it there and then had another look after 20 mins it had gone up to £950!