House Price Crash Forum

Greensill collapse...... Will Cameron go the way of Sarkozy

HOLA441
HOLA442

Here's hoping. Cameron's background was in Marketing - making sh*t look palatable.

He did that with the 'nasty' Tories - appearing to take the NuLabor centre with his 'hug a hoody' before letting the Rabid right of the party get hold of power.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
19 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Cameron is an unprincipled ####

To be fair, his principles are clear - 'heads I win, tails you loose'.

The real unprincipled #### are the legions of Tory fanboys who voted for him, knowing they would be worse off

HOLA447
1 hour ago, msi said:

To be fair, his principles are clear - 'heads I win, tails you loose'.

The real unprincipled #### are the legions of Tory fanboys who voted for him, knowing they would be worse off

Those that made the difference. Like my mother in law who quotes the wisdoms she has absorbed from 30 years of the Daily mail but cant find a place to move to now she is old and semi disabled thanks to 100% neglect of housing at all levels. Or her son,  my BILaw who voted Cameron cause he dressed like himself, an asperational twit but now unemployed without furlough.  These idiots go mad in crowds but come to their senses one at a time (we hope) Same with the Brexidiots.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
4 minutes ago, wighty said:

Why stop there with Cameron?. Doesn't that apply to 99%of politicians

We get the politicians we deserve 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
  • 4 months later...
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
15 minutes ago, ElPapasito said:

Little piggy appears to have made millions troughing for his bankster bosses and successfully loading £320 million of fraudulent unrecoverable debt onto the British tax payer.  What a disgusting c**t he is .

I wonder why the BoE want such low interest rates again....???

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Woo there.

Greenshill is a scam from the civil service. Cameron was just a daft patsy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58149765

But Greensill Capital lent Mr Gupta's GFG Alliance £350m by making seven taxpayer-backed loans of £50m to seven of his companies.

Greensill also made an eighth loan of £50m to another company closely associated with Mr Gupta.

The companies have all failed to make repayments on the taxpayer-backed loans.

The government guarantee has been suspended while the loans are investigated - but that is being challenged and the taxpayer could still lose £320m.

HOLA4418

I expect this will blow over.

The media and Labour got much more excited over who paid for the new wallpaper at No 10 Downing Street.

Rob billions or tens of millions - no one cares - be a bit unclear over who funded the decorating at a flat owned by the taxpayer weeks of outrage!

Scandalous of course - but we have had such scandals for years now.

Mrs May has been paid over £1 million for doing speeches after leaving No 1 - no idea who would pay for that (torturers wishing to break their victims playing her on loop for hours?)!

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4419

Imagine if it was Blair or Brown that rode to the rescue when the UK was 1 trillion in debt, left office with UK approaching 2 trillion in debt, and then personally helped load it with another 320m in debt for a friend he worked for (contributing to the UK soon being 3 trillion in debt) once he'd left office!!!

Everyone here would be all over them, and rightly so!

If you're not now simply because, like me, you were stupid enough to fall for Cameron's snake oil, then shame on you frankly. Being conned is bad enough. Actively then denying that fact...

Come on now. We're all just best off admitting we've been had so we can move on.

Edited by byron78

HOLA4420
On 19/03/2021 at 10:09, Bruce Banner said:

"Will Cameron go the way of Sarkozy"

He's the queens 5th cousin twice removed...so no chance.

He's as establishment as they come, it's their country and they'll jolly well do what they like.

HOLA4421
37 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

I expect this will blow over.

The media and Labour got much more excited over who paid for the new wallpaper at No 10 Downing Street.

Rob billions or tens of millions - no one cares - be a bit unclear over who funded the decorating at a flat owned by the taxpayer weeks of outrage!

Scandalous of course - but we have had such scandals for years now.

Mrs May has been paid over £1 million for doing speeches after leaving No 1 - no idea who would pay for that (torturers wishing to break their victims playing her on loop for hours?)!

It makes me laugh when people point at say south African politicians for being on the take as they use taxpayers funds for swimming pools.. they are of course.

However UK is worse.

There's no reason for the public sector to ever get involved in supply chain finance.. FFS it's one department invoicing another.

Yet, they did it, giving a cut to greensill capital and the bloke had an office in number 10 no less!

Completely independently and arm's length, Cameron got £5m quid after leaving office to represent them.

Crock of shite.

HOLA4422
40 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

The problem isn't that Johnson was initially gifted thousands for decorating. I don't even think it's such a big deal if the people who give these gifts receive millions of benefit. The real issue is whether these decisions lead to enormous costs or negative consequences for everyone else. (e.g. the problem with HTB isn't that Persimmon executives receiving big bonuses. It's the billions it cost the government and even worse the perpetuation of the housing crisis)

I don't think this was widely understood.

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, byron78 said:

Imagine if it was Blair or Brown that rode to the rescue when the UK was 1 trillion in debt, left office with UK approaching 2 trillion in debt, and then personally helped load it with another 320m in debt for a friend he worked for (contributing to the UK soon being 3 trillion in debt) once he'd left office!!!

Everyone here would be all over them, and rightly so!

If you're not now simply because, like me, you were stupid enough to fall for Cameron's snake oil, then shame on you frankly. Being conned is bad enough. Actively then denying that fact...

Come on now. We're all just best off admitting we've been had so we can move on.

The major banks blown up, at great expense to UK tax payer were RBS and BOS. Both very connected to Brown.

The bails outs personally overseen by Brown.

Greensill has had the guarantee removed. Its unlikely that the bad loans- if they cannot be recovered - come back to UKGOV.

Edited by spyguy

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
2 hours ago, spyguy said:

Woo there.

Greenshill is a scam from the civil service. Cameron was just a daft patsy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58149765

But Greensill Capital lent Mr Gupta's GFG Alliance £350m by making seven taxpayer-backed loans of £50m to seven of his companies.

Greensill also made an eighth loan of £50m to another company closely associated with Mr Gupta.

The companies have all failed to make repayments on the taxpayer-backed loans.

The government guarantee has been suspended while the loans are investigated - but that is being challenged and the taxpayer could still lose £320m.

Yes, Jeremy Heywood and the corruption of the Civil Service is the really interesting story.  Personally I think it all goes back to the CS reforms of the 1980s.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/sspp/assets/icbh-witness/civilservicereforms.pdf