House Price Crash Forum

Halifax House Price Index Feb 2021

16 hours ago, rantnrave said:

Missed this on Fri...

A FALL(remember those?) of 0.1%

Third month in a row of negative or flat figures.

Can't imagine how I missed it with all the media coverage it received...

How much did they readjust last months ?

28 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Dec 0.2% rise has been airbrushed into 0.0% too

9 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

Nov 2020 1.2% rise revised at some point to 1.0%

33 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

-0.3% revised to -0.4%

Lies. The ministry of plenty is never wrong.

Edited by Locke

39 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

The best way would be to expose this on Twitter!

@HousePriceMania I assume is poster on here? He/she should definitely highlight this IMO.

I have, several times.

I've exposed Rightmove's adverts too but you know what....no one is interested !!!!

Wait, it's not all 'bad' news!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56291299

Their first mention of the numbers, just before the BIG graph: "The Halifax said UK house prices in February were 5.2% higher than a year earlier, averaging £251,697."

They put the 'bad' news just under the BIG graph, because it shouldn't interfere with the 'good' news!

It wasn't highly advertised at all in the news of course... I had to go via a Google News search to actually get to the page 🙄

39 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Wait, it's not all 'bad' news!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56291299

Their first mention of the numbers, just before the BIG graph: "The Halifax said UK house prices in February were 5.2% higher than a year earlier, averaging £251,697."

They put the 'bad' news just under the BIG graph, because it shouldn't interfere with the 'good' news!

It wasn't highly advertised at all in the news of course... I had to go via a Google News search to actually get to the page 🙄

If a supermarket advertised like this the ASA would stop them.

8 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

@TheCountOfNowheredid you ever contact/tweet the Advertising Standards Agency? (Or whoever would be the arbitrator of such things)

Yes, been through them all. 

Only people who've ever replied was rightmove themselves ( now stopped replying ) and Bucks Trading Standards, told me to contact the estate agency trading standards

2nd hand house salesmen it seems are a special lot as shown by the fact their industry was kept open at the height of a dangerous pandemic :lol::lol::lol:

There was 1 other response....UK property Lion used to tweet BBCWatchdog, right move, NAEA, ASA some other people.....one of them complained and the feed was closed for a week until I changed how it operated, i.e. didnt automatically tweet the people in authority who should be stamping down on this abuse.

1 hour ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

The numbers produced by the 2 big Societies and Rightmove are a joke, and at best give a direction of travel.  Johnny Ballesque V.I.s.

That's a far point.

If 1 person from London who earns £200K pays £500K for a house in Milton Kenyes it doesn't mean the other 100 houses are worth that when the locals earn 20K.

The housing market is just one big con.

I does seem these changes have been seen though by the public.

Houses up  ... meh

More fuel for the fire..... illogical

Imho you always need a little fall to motivate the self interest of home owners.

To boost mid boost looks too shady

22 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

That's a far point.

If 1 person from London who earns £200K pays £500K for a house in Milton Kenyes it doesn't mean the other 100 houses are worth that when the locals earn 20K.

The housing market is just one big con.

The other 100 houses are not for sale though.