House Price Crash Forum

Where were you born and what football team do you support

Born in Derby, but my family moved to Leicestershire soon afterwards.  I'm a Leicester City supporter - never used to be a problem, indeed I used to joke that my second team was Real Madrid. Now I run the danger of being called a glory-hunter!

I'm not telling you my mother's maiden name (in case you are trying to commit identity theft).

Born in Bedford but call Plymouth my adopted home town as I moved there after leaving school. Followed the ups and downs of Plymouth Argyle but was never really into football. Since living in London I gradually enjoyed watching footie on the telly and then became a QPR supporter and used to go to games with a mate with me using his sons season ticket (doesn't matter if its a childs ticket they would scan it at the turnstile and not bother to ask "how old are you?).

Love watching football but being a QPR supporter is hard, real hard.

Born in Birmingham. Old man was Villa, but we moved to Scotland before I was walking.

In our village, you had to support Rangers or get your head kicked in. Funny mindset - ardent Unionists, but hated the English.

Don't follow football now. Good job too - wife's father is a Bluenose!

Born in Birmingham, support Aston Villa as I lived about 2 miles from the ground.

Have been to foreign countries and had people question "why I both" to support Aston Villa instead of Chelsea, Liverpool etc.  I see these people as pretty plastic fans that will soon fade away when the Premier League is not quite so fashionable.

Having said that, my interest in football has faded since my mid twenties.  And I do wonder about the sanity of 50 year olds that get overly worked up over not even particularly important football matches.

Edited by reddog

Liverpool

Liverpool

I used to pop to the Kop a few times a season as a teen-ager for the game, many years ago when it wasn't too expensive and Barnes, Beardsley and company were tearing up the opposition.

My secondary teams are Leeds (I live here) and Newcastle (wife supports them and I have a soft spot for them as their supporters have always been passionate and appreciated good football)

Plymouth

Man City (since 1976 when I saw Dennis Tueart's spectacular goal in the League Cup final against Newcastle). Enjoying our current sucess having come from watching them play Bournemouth in the old 3rd division when I moved there in 1998.  

Could we be the first team to do the quadruple?

Edited by coypondboy