House Price Crash Forum

Nationwide Feb 21

HOLA441
HOLA442

Just before budget?  Get out the 'prices teetering and running out of steam card'  Once we have a new bung then its 8% YoY baby!

We could have a nuclear holocaust the the Tories would still throw another bung and NW / Halifax would still show 'robust growth'

</sarcasm>

HOLA443
2 minutes ago, msi said:

We could have a nuclear holocaust the the Tories would still throw another bung and NW / Halifax would still show 'robust growth'

</sarcasm>

How else are they going to sustain the economy against a backdrop of apocalyptic war without the 'wealth effect' of hpi?

Edited by Si1

HOLA444
HOLA445
17 minutes ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

Just how many chances are they given?  HPI is just another opportunity to butter up the unbelievably thick Public.  Give them a Mc Donald’s, Ant & Dec and tell them their house is “worth” more, and you have bought a idiotic voter, even though you’re incompetent.

makes the 'spoons squad feel important. Voice of da people, innit?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Chilled nowadays with these as I am with the cost of Veyrons climbing. NW and Halifax monthly movements are about as trustworthy as official Chinese economic data publications or as useful as the charts and Guardian links in the Brexit thread 'proving' things. All I'm seeing at the coal face is a collapse in number of places for sale on Rightmove (dropped by 40% in most of my areas in the past few months, possibly seasonal).

Call me when they're 50% down, then I'll start thinking of becoming a buyer. Probably will go for it at 70% in reality

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
24 minutes ago, Huggy said:

All I'm seeing at the coal face is a collapse in number of places for sale on Rightmove (dropped by 40% in most of my areas in the past few months, possibly seasonal).

Anecdotal, but a mortgage broker friend is saying a significant amount of mortgage applications are just simply not being approved. The banks lending criteria is getting tighter as time goes on.

HOLA4414
14 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

Anecdotal, but a mortgage broker friend is saying a significant amount of mortgage applications are just simply not being approved. The banks lending criteria is getting tighter as time goes on.

TwentySomething will put you right on that ;)

HOLA4415
39 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

Or possibly not...

Data shows ‘stampede to buy property before the stamp duty holiday ends’

Demand from homebuyers remains exceptionally high across the UK as people look to take advantage of low interest rates and the current stamp duty holiday, which is expected to be extended beyond the current 31 March deadline.

According to the latest Bank of England’s Money and Credit statistics, net mortgage borrowing remained at £5.2bn in January, up from the monthly average of £4bn in the six months to February 2020, as buyers rush to take advantage of favourable market conditions.

The data shows that there were 99,000 mortgage approvals for property purchase in January, in line with the average of 100,000 since October 2020.

https://propertyindustryeye.com/new-data-shows-the-stampede-to-buy-property-before-the-stamp-duty-holiday-ends/

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 hour ago, highcontrast said:

it's about to become a lot looser as of tomorrow !!!

These evil men, and that's what they are, will not stop.

We will see a full on currency crisis in the UK is the coming years.

HOLA4419
15 hours ago, msi said:

Just before budget?  Get out the 'prices teetering and running out of steam card'  Once we have a new bung then its 8% YoY baby!

</sarcasm>

Fixed that for you.

HOLA4420

Hardly a surprise apart from the hard cor head in the sand types you see in some cases on here is is obvious and corroborated by the land registry that house prices are going up still (an will continue to until those forces driving them up are removed)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
6 hours ago, Locke said:

TwentySomething will put you right on that ;)

rantnrave beat me to it below. Another month, another rise in prices and another episode of fingers being stuck in ears and repeated mantras of it's not what we're 'seeing at the coal face' and an estate agent friend of mine said nothing is selling and my mate Dave can't sell his house and it has been on the market for 9 months. Oh and of course someone knows a mortgage broker friend who has said that everything is stuck and nobody can buy.

Meanwhile pretty much every statistic you can find points towards people buying houses, prices going up, life carrying on as normal. This time last year pretty much everyone in this thread was falling over themselves with glee about how the whole thing was coming crashing down - 70% drop by xmas, end of the world.

For the record, I will say again that I don't think that what is going on is sustainable, and I don't think that it is fair or in the best interests of the masses, and I do agree that the powers that be are lining their pockets, but what you gonna do? A year on from buying in the face of what was certain financial ruin from the usual suspects on here what has happened? 

HOLA4423
On 3/1/2021 at 8:02 PM, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

Just how many chances are they given?  HPI is just another opportunity to butter up the unbelievably thick Public.  Give them a Mc Donald’s, Ant & Dec and tell them their house is “worth” more, and you have bought a idiotic voter, even though you’re incompetent.

offering free broadband did notwork the public were not that thick

HOLA4424