Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

5% Mortgage Guarantee Confirmed


rantnrave
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will this scheme apply to first time buyers on existing properties too - not just new builds?

Must be a bit annoying to those FTBs who have scrimped and saved for a 15 per cent deposit?

And how will they define an FTB - will both members of a couple have to be an FTB to qualify for example and will those who got prior inheritances where they only got the proceeds of sale but were never on any property deed qualify.

First time property buyer and first time property owner aren’t quite the same thing due to inheritances and gifts!

And Scotland, Wales and NI won’t be part of the scheme as it only applies to England. Hasn’t Scotland abolished help to buy already?

Edited by MARTINX9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the number of transactions would have been down on 2020 and skewed towards higher priced properties that may have inflated the average UK property price a bit. 

I’m still waiting for the whole lockdown to be lifted and government support for furlough etc to be withdrawn to see what effects take place. 

It's such a poor reflection on the UK as a society that you need wealth from the beginning of your life and from your parents to stand a chance of having a relatively 'normal' life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Sprrite said:

 

It's such a poor reflection on the UK as a society that you need wealth from the beginning of your life and from your parents to stand a chance of having a relatively 'normal' life.

Or alternatively you marry into it like RIshi Sunak!

Having a GP and a phamacist for parents won't easily get you a large multi country property empire - but if you marry the daughter of a billionaire.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

The government has to do something like this, because it won't build council houses and people who "own" their own homes are more likely to vote Tory.

 

It really does remind me of a fin de siecle kind of last gasp.

Edited by Si1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No youth movements, no opposition, an unbelievably thick population and still too many vested interests that love their 'investment' doubling every decade. They can do whatever they f**cking please. Starmer will probably back the policy even though it's an amazing opportunity to smash the government to pieces for using yet more debt to push up house prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Doner Kebab said:

No youth movements, no opposition, an unbelievably thick population and still too many vested interests that love their 'investment' doubling every decade. They can do whatever they f**cking please. Starmer will probably back the policy even though it's an amazing opportunity to smash the government to pieces for using yet more debt to push up house prices.

Of course he will back it. Starmer's sole role is to try and be popular.

Strange that this move seems to be universally loathed though from the comments around the web.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, longgone said:

ITV news announced this and the advisor just said all it will do is raise prices then laughed.

These tories are just openly corrupt now.

No point even dressing it up 😂

 

They have been for some time.  They're not even hiding it.

Boris even said clap for bankers/financiers, they make the wealth.

Boris said severla years ago they know house prices are too high they just cant let them fall.

This is corruption and fraud on a level never seen in modern times.

WTF is happening !!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, sta100 said:

Of course he will back it. Starmer's sole role is to try and be popular.

Strange that this move seems to be universally loathed though from the comments around the web.

It's strange that when the haven'ts can't afford to eat, this govt subsidise restaurant meals for the haves. When the haven'ts lose their zero hours jobs they get UC and a breadline income, renting a damp flat and falling into arrears. The haves get furlough of thousands a month, and now special govt backed mortgage deals.

Is Sunak just an old fashioned champagne socialist?

Edited by Si1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Si1 said:

It's strange that when the haven'ts can't afford to eat, this govt subsidise restaurant meals for the haves. When the haven'ts lose their zero hours jobs they get UC and a breadline income, renting a damp flat and falling into arrears. The haves get furlough of thousands a month, and now special govt backed mortgage deals.

Is Sunak just an old fashioned champagne socialist?

good old fashioned criminal more like

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Doner Kebab said:

No youth movements, no opposition, an unbelievably thick population and still too many vested interests that love their 'investment' doubling every decade. They can do whatever they f**cking please. Starmer will probably back the policy even though it's an amazing opportunity to smash the government to pieces for using yet more debt to push up house prices.

Starmer is so supine he wouldn't even condemn Hancock's guilt over the PPE contracts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, white flag raised then.

 If covid and brexit couldn't even create a blip in available house prices, doubt I'd see anything in my lifetime.

I'mgenuinely now going to offer on anything half decent, most likely very close or at the asking price.iving the family and I mad. I offered about 6-7% of the asking for price for a 225k  home this week and rejected. All accepting at the asking price as multiple buyers around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starmer is a useless neo lib twonk, nodding along with whatever the government say. Utterly spineless and offering no opposition. 

I won't be voting for this kind of Labour government. 

I really do hope this is part of some kind of Starmer masterplan, but I fear it is being focus group led by 'ex Labour voters' who 'voted tory for the first time in 2019', but in reality have never voted Labour at all. 

Edited by Postman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, longgone said:

ITV news announced this and the advisor just said all it will do is raise prices then laughed.

These tories are just openly corrupt now.

No point even dressing it up 😂

 

Even Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell backed help to buy.

So I don't think Labour - run from North London or Lib Dems - run from Surbiton are going to do much either to encourage lower house prices.

Not sure where the Greens or Reform UK stand on this.

Of course the SNP has abolished help to buy north of the border.

Edited by MARTINX9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Postman said:

Starmer is a useless neo lib twonk, nodding along with whatever the government say. Utterly spineless and offering no opposition. 

I won't be voting for this kind of Labour government. 

I really do hope this is part of some kind of Starmer masterplan, but I fear it is being focus group led by 'ex Labour voters' who voted tory for the first time in 2019, but in reality have never voted Labour at all. 

I was kind of hoping that he's been biding his time until he can deliver a knockout blow, but he seems to have fallen for BJs "you must back the government" line, even though the title "Leader of the Opposition" should give him a hint as to what his job is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.