House Price Crash Forum

Is Ttrtr Economically Inept?

karhu

HOLA441

TTRTR made this comment yesterday. To show his grasp of the economic environment, read this:

Anyone who knew anything about currency movements would know that just prior to a BOE announcement, sterling will move up or down depending on the possibility of a rate movement. Although no movement is the widely predicted announcement, there is a possibility that it will be dropped. So sterling drops in anticipation, when a no change annoucement is made, the currency will rebound. If a drop is announced, sterling may drop a little further.

Mark my words.....

We now know the BoE left interest rates unchanged and the £ is still falling against the $ ....

See here:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...opic=23776&st=0

Do we now have definitive proof that this guy doesn't know what he's talking about?

K.

HOLA442

In my opinion, the market will have priced in todays rate decision way way before it took place. Only a surprise decision would have caused a reaction either way. The market is more likely to anticipate the direction of rates, and therefore price accordingly, via other economic data.

HOLA443

In my opinion, the market will have priced in todays rate decision way way before it took place. Only a surprise decision would have caused a reaction either way. The market is more likely to anticipate the direction of rates, and therefore price accordingly, via other economic data.

Exactly. His argument was that there was a chance of an interest rate cut. Doesn't look like it to me.

HOLA444

Under the circumstances he describes - anticipation of a rate cut - he's technically right.

However, current circumstances being a global upward pressure on interest rates means today's no-change doesn't allow a rebound.

So he's wrong.

HOLA445

The guy or girl, i dont know, is a typical vested interest, greedy, greedy, greedy. Wakes up in the morning with a great big hard on or erect nips, depending on sexuality, thinking about all his/her little mice which live in his/her properties which make up his/her empire etc. :lol:

The Romans empire went tits up, well, we will have to wait and see. But Brown finger will want some of that capital gains made over the past few years back from all these buy to regrets in the form of a regulated market :P .

HOLA446
Under the circumstances he describes - anticipation of a rate cut - he's technically right.

But who in their right mind expected a cut today?

Personally I'm expecting a hold until the middle of the year and then a raise or two.

HOLA447

However, current circumstances being a global upward pressure on interest rates means today's no-change doesn't allow a rebound.

So he's wrong.

He had a 50:50 of being right - not bad odds. According to his own admissions he so rich because he knows more about economics than the rest of us. He really should have called this one correctly.

Maybe, just maybe he's wrong about the property market :lol:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

MarkG is correct, anybody with the capability of moving the forex market would have known that today was a hold before the event. Sterling, indeed all currencies, will move on the anticipation of future events eg, US Rates moving upwards while ours are holding still.

HOLA4411

MarkG is correct, anybody with the capability of moving the forex market would have known that today was a hold before the event. Sterling, indeed all currencies, will move on the anticipation of future events eg, US Rates moving upwards while ours are holding still.

You mean anyone with GCSE Maths? :lol:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest boredwaiting

All these ad hominem attacks on TTRTR demean this site.

Setting up polls to attack him looks very defensive.

Play the ball, not the man!

I agree, this serves no purpose - although i am very bearish about house prices but I believe TTRTR has a prominent and useful role on this site. I would rather he kept posting than not posting. There is no benefit to posting and agreeing with everyone.

He is allowed his opinions just as much as we are allowed to disagree with him.

HOLA4415

I agree, this serves no purpose - although i am very bearish about house prices but I believe TTRTR has a prominent and useful role on this site. I would rather he kept posting than not posting. There is no benefit to posting and agreeing with everyone.

All well and good as long as he confines his comments to the property market and related matters...but he doesn't. For myself, I don't much care for his "O'im considerably richer than yow" style crowing and his recent remark about old people and nappies was a bloody disgrace.

HOLA4416

perhaps allegations of ineptitude may be a tad strong, but TTRTR likes it rough. For a man whose modus operandi is interpreting every single development to suggest that rents will increase (which might influence more impressionable persons into buying and therefore supporting HPI) he should be able to deal with a few robust challenges.

I don't think he needs (or even wants) anyone else here to stick up for him. :)

HOLA4417

I'd suggest any of those numpties voting that TTRTRTRRRTRR isn't economically a moron of the first water should give all their money to him and watch him lose it as he keeps on trying the same trick again, and again, and again, and again... even though it's obvious even to a blind weasel that the uk housing market is totally ****'d....

HOLA4418

The prime example of his economic ignorance is his belief that rents will increase as landlords bail out of BTL. Where does he think the properties they sell disappear to?

As regards the IR decision, I notice the FTSE is strongly up today (75 pts, over 1%).

Perhaps the stock market had priced in the risk of a RISE in rates?

HOLA4419

Sorry kids I haven't got the same amount of time I used to have to play.

I've recently discovered a loop-hole between UK & Swedish delivery times of a very popular product & am now an Ebay seller shipping thingys to UK Mums & Dads keen to rack up the debts on their CC's to see their little precious's (however you spell that) play with the new toy before the neighbours.

So how inept is that? Ploughing the rent profits into a cash spinner that Mum & Dad OO's MEW to pay for!

You guys should really consider working for yourself....... :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Sorry kids I haven't got the same amount of time I used to have to play.

I've recently discovered a loop-hole between UK & Swedish delivery times of a very popular product & am now an Ebay seller shipping thingys to UK Mums & Dads keen to rack up the debts on their CC's to see their little precious's (however you spell that) play with the new toy before the neighbours.

So how inept is that? Ploughing the rent profits into a cash spinner that Mum & Dad OO's MEW to pay for!

You guys should really consider working for yourself....... :lol::lol::lol:

TTRTRs you're going to lose a lot of equity from your property portfolio in the next few years.

Mark my words....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4422

No he is not.

He is reliant too much on a market that is very fragile.

and he owes quite a lot of money.

but he seems very aware of this and of the ramifications.

He is not inept.

He is wrong about the housing market... But I know people in the same boat.

The great deal of money they have made they can't believe is at risk and they seem trapped to borrow more, invest more.. borrow more.. its like an addiction..

we on here are for the most part professional people with our own skills and the ability to make our own money..

but if you didn't and you saw property as your only chance..

Hell I didn't buy in 1999 as I was inept then.

I know a lot more about the housing market now.. a hell of a lot more..

and it is that, it is a market..

Knowledge is power..

But it doesent buy me a house.

and IO mortgage alos doesent buy me a house and that knowledge is of great value to me..

The guy or girl, i dont know, is a typical vested interest, greedy, greedy, greedy. Wakes up in the morning with a great big hard on or erect nips, depending on sexuality, thinking about all his/her little mice which live in his/her properties which make up his/her empire etc. :lol:

The Romans empire went tits up, well, we will have to wait and see. But Brown finger will want some of that capital gains made over the past few years back from all these buy to regrets in the form of a regulated market :P .

how many years of feast followed by how many years of famine..??

The bible does say..

Yes folks.. everyone brings up the chesnut.. but economies boom and bust has been around since biblical times..

HOLA4423

TTRTRs you're going to lose a lot of equity from your property portfolio in the next few years.

Mark my words....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Do you see your member number? 1584. Probably 5% or less of the members that signed up before you were bulls.

The other 95% were bears and said thet same thing you say. They were wrong, you are wrong. Simple.

HOLA4424

Do you see your member number? 1584. Probably 5% or less of the members that signed up before you were bulls.

The other 95% were bears and said thet same thing you say. They were wrong, you are wrong. Simple.

TTRTRs. I used to be bullish on property. I changed my opinion because I realise that markets are dynamic and cyclical on the short-term (10 years in the case of property).

Are you flexible enough to change your opinions based on what you see around you rather than what you have seen?

HOLA4425

TTRTRs. I used to be bullish on property. I changed my opinion because I realise that markets are dynamic and cyclical on the short-term (10 years in the case of property).

Are you flexible enough to change your opinions based on what you see around you rather than what you have seen?

Yes, there's a crash/substantial slowdown coming in 2013 after the Olympics. The question now is whether you are flexible enough....

Archived