House Price Crash Forum

Halifax Jan 2021

HOLA441
17 minutes ago, Deckard said:

Because you disputed a new poster's statement lamenting the state of things - for no apparent reason other than devolving into self-congratulatory, condescending babble when challenged.

Why did you feel compelled to do that?

Well said, given up on this forum as virtually the same patterns emerge from the same set of posters.  How dull.  

I'm always confused if these owner occupiers are so content & happy in their situation, why are they posting on HPC forum the same old **** each time?  🤔  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
18 minutes ago, blackhole said:

I'm always confused if these owner occupiers are so content & happy in their situation, why are they posting on HPC forum the same old **** each time?  🤔  

Precisely.  Was he bothered by the Halifax report, perchance? :D

HOLA443
33 minutes ago, Deckard said:

Precisely.  Was he bothered by the Halifax report, perchance? :D

Not bothered, just wants to rubbish it and make sure people dont panic and do something daft like drop their house prices.

As the years go on I am more inclined to think there is a government agency at work as opposed to some a-hole self serving BTL/2nd hand house salesmen type....then again, maybe not.

HOLA444
1 hour ago, Deckard said:

Because you disputed a new poster's statement lamenting the state of things - for no apparent reason other than devolving into self-congratulatory, condescending babble when challenged.

Quick Check....TwentySomething is on my blocked list.  That usually means one of two things:

1) He's a troll ****

2) He's a **** troll.

HOLA445
2 hours ago, blackhole said:

Well said, given up on this forum as virtually the same patterns emerge from the same set of posters.  How dull.  

Because it's part of their identity. Most people just want somewhere to live to be able to get on with things.

HOLA446

Twenty thing I didn't buy a house in 2007, invested in a business instead and created something real. Now do I not only have enough money to buy something decent in cash, I didn't make it sitting around doing naff all. Even if there's a massive HPC I can go out and generate more wealth, so no wonder people like you are constantly crapping it.

HOLA447
3 hours ago, Deckard said:

I disputed a post that stated that with half a million quid give or take they couldn't afford anything decent in an area just outside of London. I presented four properties covering a large area of the SE that went against that assertion, and am awaiting any sort of reasoned argument except 'feelings' - as Shapiro quite wisely said, facts don't care about your feelings. The facts are that someone who allegedly has a six figure deposit and a six figure salary can very much afford plenty of decent properties, however unfair it may be they cannot buy their dream 4 bed house in leafy Guildford or wherever the heck they are trying to buy. 

I was then asked by yourself do I not wonder how my children will afford housing which is why I then spelt out my likely financial position in a few decades time. I am not uniquely talented or rich, I am part of the reasonably well off middle classes who likely all have a similar position to myself. I bet there are hundreds of thousands of people just like me with savings, shares and a property. It was not an attempt at bragging, it was an attempt at answering a question you put to me.

It is your issue entirely that you have taken this as showing off or being self-congratulatory. Now of course instead of trying to put any sort of counter argument together as to why 500k is not enough, you have decided to just sum it all up as babble to avoid having to explain anything. Spectacular. Well done. I haven't clicked on page 5 yet, but I'm sure it will contain the usual suspects in the usual echo chamber shouting troll and estate agent.

HOLA448
1 hour ago, sta100 said:

Twenty thing I didn't buy a house in 2007, invested in a business instead and created something real. Now do I not only have enough money to buy something decent in cash, I didn't make it sitting around doing naff all. Even if there's a massive HPC I can go out and generate more wealth, so no wonder people like you are constantly crapping it.

And genuinely I'm happy for you. Great. Why am I crapping it? 

HOLA449
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Not bothered, just wants to rubbish it and make sure people dont panic and do something daft like drop their house prices.

As the years go on I am more inclined to think there is a government agency at work as opposed to some a-hole self serving BTL/2nd hand house salesmen type....then again, maybe not.

Yup and here we have it, the troll catcher general. It is quite fascinating that this person thinks that this site has such wide reaching and deep societal penetration that I need to come online and make sure that prices don't crash. The entire country comes on here to get their property news, so I have some dark agenda to keep up prices. What an utter clown. 

HOLA4410
10 minutes ago, Twenty Something said:

And genuinely I'm happy for you. Great. Why am I crapping it? 

Well, I just can't imagine what your identity would be if it turns out that HPI is just a cancerous ponzi scheme that's screwed up society. Surely the ego would be particularly scared if all those gains were wiped out tomorrow.

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, sta100 said:

Well, I just can't imagine what your identity would be if it turns out that HPI is just a cancerous ponzi scheme that's screwed up society. Surely the ego would be particularly scared if all those gains were wiped out tomorrow.

I have said repeatedly that I don't see my house as an investment. I have said repeatedly that I am nothing special, and am just an ordinary middle class bloke. I have only recently brought in, so not sure what gains you are talking about? I believe that things have gone up in 2020, and the wider press / publications would tend to back me up on that fact. I'm presenting an alternative opinion, and as usual it is just dismissed as trolling or someone with a huge ego, or an estate agent or whatever. I don't disagree that HPI has had a negative impact on society, and it has had a negative impact on me over the years in terms of what I can afford. Take a step out of the echo chamber.

HOLA4412
53 minutes ago, Twenty Something said:

I disputed a post that stated that with half a million quid give or take they couldn't afford anything decent in an area just outside of London. I presented four properties covering a large area of the SE that went against that assertion

You have no way to disprove @Who am I?'s statement.

He just said "an area in the suburbs outside a commuter town that's half an hour from London", which is a very large radius.

He explained that for personal reasons he can only look in that particular area at the moment, so your links prove diddlysquat.

58 minutes ago, Twenty Something said:

I was then asked by yourself do I not wonder how my children will afford housing which is why I then spelt out my likely financial position in a few decades time.

You don't even have kids yet, but you are happily conceding they would be entirely dependent on your financial circumstances in order to get on the ladder - and you are "at peace with it."

Priceless. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, Deckard said:

You have no way to disprove @Who am I?'s statement.

He just said "an area in the suburbs outside a commuter town that's half an hour from London", which is a very large radius.

He explained that for personal reasons he can only look in that particular area at the moment, so your links prove diddlysquat.

You don't even have kids yet, but you are happily conceding they would be entirely dependent on your financial circumstances in order to get on the ladder - and you are "at peace with it."

Priceless. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless the area he is looking in is Mayfair or Kensington then it does prove a point. But. He won’t post any specifics so this is a pointless discussion. 

I’m not conceding that any kids of mine would be dependant upon me for their first property, but it’s a possibility hey? Much as BOMAD has helped increasingly large numbers in the current day. I’m at peace with not losing my mind about it. I don’t know how many times I can say to you I don’t think this is a great situation. This is boring. I’ll let you have the last post.  

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Twenty Something said:

Unless the area he is looking in is Mayfair or Kensington then it does prove a point.

No, it does not.

FAIL.

He won’t post any specifics so this is a pointless discussion.

Which you felt compelled to start.

I’m not conceding that any kids of mine would be dependant upon me for their first property

And yet bringing up your financial circumstances was all you could come up with to answer my question.

FAIL.

I’ll let you have the last post.  

How noble of you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nite nite.

Edited by Deckard