House Price Crash Forum

ONS: House prices and rents shooting up everywhere

16 minutes ago, doomed said:

They are not going to stop printing money. Owning absolutely anything except fiat currencies is a one way bet. 

So why do most boomers hold cash isas and discuss them loudly in dinner parties then?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Time to buy.

Shabby ex-BTL 2 bed terrace in a London commuter town at £450k and 3% gross yield doesn't look like value to me, I'm out.

3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

confused.com

Not only does this wailing and screaming put pressure on govt it also provides enough confusion to prevent proper price discovery to occur. It's a damned clever approach if its orchestrated.....but it's not. It's just a bunch of greedy children wanting their's and everybody else's cake and to gorge on it until the end of time.

4 hours ago, longgone said:

flats are dropping fast they are liars. 

Seeing a few reductions in Brighton, for properties listed at insane prices in the run up to Christmas. But in comparison to a year ago, flats are still silly money. 

1 minute ago, OceanVibe said:

Seeing a few reductions in Brighton, for properties listed at insane prices in the run up to Christmas. But in comparison to a year ago, flats are still silly money. 

Brighton = holiday homes/2nd Houses. Poor young being social cleansed by baby boomers.... 

1 hour ago, mrlegend123 said:

where are all the baby boomers (wealthy generation) defending their cash ISAs and BTLs paid for by future generations???? 

Where I am they are in a completely different and generally nicer part of town.

1 minute ago, Si1 said:

Where I am they are in a completely different and generally nicer part of town.

where I am from they block housing developments and moan about their kids being social cleansed out of town ...... baby boomers worse generation ever! 

1 hour ago, OceanVibe said:

other than its locality to London Brighton has nowt else going for it. The beach that's looks like a builders aggregate yard is hardly that appealing. 

9 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Does anyone believe in coincidences

image.png.89cdee497c8d24e6b5d2cea9bd1fc73d.png

Its deliberate. Aparently the Tories core voter aka the Daily mail reader has to be reassured that the government is doing all in its power to increase house prices. 

Just now, steve99 said:

Its deliberate. Aparently the Tories core voter aka the Daily mail reader has to be reassured that the government is doing all in its power to increase house prices. 

daily mail and telegraph worse property rampers. brain washing 

2 hours ago, longgone said:

other than its locality to London Brighton has nowt else going for it. The beach that's looks like a builders aggregate yard is hardly that appealing. 

Everyone has their preferences, but to say it has “nowt” is ridiculous. A 5 minute walk and Im on the beach enjoying a bbq and having a dip. Walk for 20, and Im in a bustling and vibrant city, enjoying a fantastic nightlife with a music scene rivalled by very few other cities in the uk. 5 minutes in the car and I’m in the South Downs surrounded by stunning countryside. 

8 minutes ago, OceanVibe said:

Everyone has their preferences, but to say it has “nowt” is ridiculous. A 5 minute walk and Im on the beach enjoying a bbq and having a dip. Walk for 20, and Im in a bustling and vibrant city, enjoying a fantastic nightlife with a music scene rivalled by very few other cities in the uk. 5 minutes in the car and I’m in the South Downs surrounded by stunning countryside. 

Brighton has a major homeless problem and many parts are very run down. 

I would say dorset was better.

I can recommend Bournemouth if you want a nice beach and get the ferry over from sanbanks they even have a nudist beach if hat's your thing.  The water is very clean and shallow so warms up nicely on a hot summer's day the only problem is getting there finding a aprking space and knowing where to go to avoid the crowds.  It was chaos this summer as you will have seen from the tv but luckily I can cycle as live at the top of bournemouth gardens, have a meal or do some shopping/cinema without needing a car. 

1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

It’s a bit disheartening at this stage to be honest, how long do we hold out in the face of media pumping prices and the government lending a hand at the pump.