House Price Crash Forum

President Trump: "I'm proud to be the first president in decades who has started no new wars"

Farewell Sir.  You will be missed.

US President Donald Trump said in a farewell address Tuesday, his last full day in office, that he was the first president in many years to have left office without starting a war.

“I am especially proud to be the first president in decades who has started no new wars,” Trump said, according to excerpts from the address that the White House released shortly before its broadcast on Tuesday.

The outgoing Republican president also touted his toughness against China, saying he had brought unprecedented international pressure on the communist US rival.

“We revitalised our alliances and rallied the nations of the world to stand up to China like never before,” he said in the speech.

“As President, my top priority, my constant concern, has always been the best interests of American workers and American families,” he said. “I did not seek the easiest course; by far, it was actually the most difficult. I did not seek the path that would get the least criticism. I took on the tough battles, the hardest fights, the most difficult choices because that’s what you elected me to do.”

Trump urged prayers for the new administration of President-elect Joe Biden but still declined to acknowledge his Democratic successor by name.

“This week, we inaugurate a new administration and pray for its success in keeping America safe and prosperous,” Trump said.

https://www.france24.com/en/americas/20210119-trump-touts-record-of-no-new-wars-standing-up-to-china-in-farewell-address

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

You can send him fan letters c/o Guantanamo Bay.

I'm saddened you feel this way.  History will judge Trump as one of the BEST presidents of our lifetime. You will see.

Edited by Warlord
1 minute ago, Warlord said:

I'm saddened you feel this way.  History will judge Trump as one of the BEST presidents of our lifetime. You will see.

Will this be before or after  evidence of illegal voting or tax returns released?.

Trump Supporter Shocked Over Clemency of 'Crook' Who Stole His Life Savings in Ponzi Scheme

71-year-old supporter of President Donald Trump was reportedly shocked when Trump recently commuted the 40-year sentence of a man who stole his life savings in a Ponzi scheme.

Kimball Pugmire, who supported the outgoing president and voted for him in 2016 and 2020, told the Tampa Bay Times that he was forced to question Trump's honesty after learning that the president had granted clemency Wednesday to "lifetime crook" Fred Davis Clark Jr., who was sentenced to decades behind bars in 2016 after defrauding nearly 1,400 investors out of a combined $300 million.

"I had been trying to forget all this, but it makes you wonder, even being a Trump supporter, about his honesty," Pugmire told the paper.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-supporter-shocked-over-clemency-crook-who-stole-his-life-savings-ponzi-scheme-1562797

Oh come on.  You lost the whole 'Trump can win it still' thread now are running under the 'legacy' thread.   No new wars, eh?

Trump is a coward - backed down from North Korea, Backed down from China.  Happy to hide behind a keyboard and cover up any evidence (remind you of someone???)

Under Donald Trump, drone strikes far exceed Obama’s numbers

The Trump administration has carried out 176 strikes in Yemen in just two years, compared with 154 there during all eight years of Obama’s tenure.

Trump revokes Obama rule on reporting drone strike deaths

15 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Your trolling is getting a bit obvious now buddy. 

typical left. its trolling, facist, racist if you dont agree with it. Thats how communists take power shutting down free speech and anyone that disagrees with them. 

9 minutes ago, jimmy2x3 said:

typical left. its trolling, facist, racist if you dont agree with it. Thats how communists take power shutting down free speech and anyone that disagrees with them. 

..and its libtard, snowflake, millennial whining if they don't agree with you, eh?

Go have a lie down

11 minutes ago, msi said:

..and its libtard, snowflake, millennial whining if they don't agree with you, eh?

Go have a lie down

I agree with jimmy2x3! The left are the worse of them all. 

MSI, you go have a lie down and read about communism.....you will soon change your mind baby boomer

https://thenationalpulse.com/breaking/this-is-what-80-million-votes-looks-like-biden-inauguration-empty-pics/

The little pairs of white dots at the bottom of the picture is (empty) socially distanced seating. The US flag and other squares on the road leading to the needle are just lots of colored flags.

Screen-Shot-2021-01-20-at-9_58.02-AM-1160x630.thumb.png.c7bcb5f760d39946cec6a7b4fba7f21a.png

14 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

I agree with jimmy2x3! The left are the worse of them all. 

MSI, you go have a lie down and read about communism.....you will soon change your mind baby boomer

Not sure minds will be changed or at least there will be a point at which all minds that can, will have changed. 20% of Russia votes for the Gulag party apparently.

The call to be skinned alive for questioning 2020 election results vs the Trump side spending the last 4 years not even suggesting people should be censored for saying similar regarding the 2016 election. Plenty of establishment Republicans willing to stab Trump in the back too.

The 17th January armed march on all state capitals was a fraud from the establishment as well....

capmarch.jpg.3adb3e8643d4df29709196a9418ff568.jpg

Now team Biden are basically doing the same thing that the USSR and Zedong did with the military; make sure it consists of party loyalists. Historically this involves getting rid of experienced commanders and officers, as was pretty evident in the invasion of Finland.

1 hour ago, msi said:

Oh come on.  You lost the whole 'Trump can win it still' thread now are running under the 'legacy' thread.   No new wars, eh?

Trump is a coward - backed down from North Korea, Backed down from China.  Happy to hide behind a keyboard and cover up any evidence (remind you of someone???)

Under Donald Trump, drone strikes far exceed Obama’s numbers

The Trump administration has carried out 176 strikes in Yemen in just two years, compared with 154 there during all eight years of Obama’s tenure.

Trump revokes Obama rule on reporting drone strike deaths

No new wars. But the highest American death toll of all wars combined. What an achievement @Warlord  

1 minute ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

No new wars. But the highest American death toll of all wars combined. What an achievement @Warlord

The UK is worse...... not total death tolls tho. No more lock downs, learn to live with covid.

Booming stockmarket......... less of GDP drop for the US tho..