House Price Crash Forum

Hong Kong Chinese could cause a massive rise in house prices from end of this month with £36 billion on its way

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, coypondboy said:

Surely they will be outbid by BTL every time wanting to pay more for the house they want and then rent it to them? And if they have cash to buy a house outright, then they would have no excuse not pay on time every month. 

4 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

@coypondboy

Looking at your posting history, you seem very very keen to push this story/rhetoric? Any particular reason why?

Please analysis me, I would love to know what you think, normally you would have to pay big bucks to get detailed analysis 

55 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

This HK thing wont affect anything. Overblown nonsense.

If they actually come here it will...if you think otherwise you don't understand how markets work.

1 hour ago, Freki said:

Well we voted to get EUers to stop stealing our jobs. It is not to be immediately replaced by HKese with whom we severed ties 24 years ago

Did we? Is that what the average leaver voted for?

Took our jobs? LOL

A unit of supply is a unit of demand. The bigger the society the bigger the labour market and opportunities. Number of jobs isn't fixed. Further the average HK is (I'm going out on a limb) better educated than the average Hungarian car washer or labourer?

6 minutes ago, Wayward said:

If they actually come here it will...if you think otherwise you don't understand how markets work.

Agreed. There's a lot of wealth and highly skilled in that population. They'd be an asset to the GDP number but for sure would be bidding up the homes they wanted to rent/live in. 

2 minutes ago, Unmoderated said:

Agreed. There's a lot of wealth and highly skilled in that population. They'd be an asset to the GDP number but for sure would be bidding up the homes they wanted to rent/live in. 

It will depend as always on location though.

Here's an example. Go up the Edgware Road and as you pass the flyover you will see lots of new flat developments, both on Edgware Road and in the Paddington area. Now if the pandemic has scared people off from central London, then these properties will be difficult to sell, and that will depress the housing market for miles. However it only takes a few score HK Chinese (or rich Arabs) to buy up these million pound flats, and sentiment changes 100%

28 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

It will depend as always on location though.

Here's an example. Go up the Edgware Road and as you pass the flyover you will see lots of new flat developments, both on Edgware Road and in the Paddington area. Now if the pandemic has scared people off from central London, then these properties will be difficult to sell, and that will depress the housing market for miles. However it only takes a few score HK Chinese (or rich Arabs) to buy up these million pound flats, and sentiment changes 100%

Yep

1 hour ago, Unmoderated said:

Did we? Is that what the average leaver voted for?

Took our jobs? LOL

A unit of supply is a unit of demand. The bigger the society the bigger the labour market and opportunities. Number of jobs isn't fixed. Further the average HK is (I'm going out on a limb) better educated than the average Hungarian car washer or labourer?

I should have ended with /sarcasm ;) 

What’s the point of it all?  HPI needs to be rethought and benefit all those in society.  I’m fed up with hearing these damn headlines saying prices are rising of seemingly unproductive assets.