Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Hong Kong Chinese could cause a massive rise in house prices from end of this month with £36 billion on its way


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, coypondboy said:

Surely they will be outbid by BTL every time wanting to pay more for the house they want and then rent it to them? And if they have cash to buy a house outright, then they would have no excuse not pay on time every month. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, highcontrast said:

@coypondboy

Looking at your posting history, you seem very very keen to push this story/rhetoric? Any particular reason why?

Please analysis me, I would love to know what you think, normally you would have to pay big bucks to get detailed analysis 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

This HK thing wont affect anything. Overblown nonsense.

If they actually come here it will...if you think otherwise you don't understand how markets work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Freki said:

Well we voted to get EUers to stop stealing our jobs. It is not to be immediately replaced by HKese with whom we severed ties 24 years ago

Did we? Is that what the average leaver voted for?

Took our jobs? LOL

A unit of supply is a unit of demand. The bigger the society the bigger the labour market and opportunities. Number of jobs isn't fixed. Further the average HK is (I'm going out on a limb) better educated than the average Hungarian car washer or labourer?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wayward said:

If they actually come here it will...if you think otherwise you don't understand how markets work.

Agreed. There's a lot of wealth and highly skilled in that population. They'd be an asset to the GDP number but for sure would be bidding up the homes they wanted to rent/live in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unmoderated said:

Agreed. There's a lot of wealth and highly skilled in that population. They'd be an asset to the GDP number but for sure would be bidding up the homes they wanted to rent/live in. 

It will depend as always on location though.

Here's an example. Go up the Edgware Road and as you pass the flyover you will see lots of new flat developments, both on Edgware Road and in the Paddington area. Now if the pandemic has scared people off from central London, then these properties will be difficult to sell, and that will depress the housing market for miles. However it only takes a few score HK Chinese (or rich Arabs) to buy up these million pound flats, and sentiment changes 100%

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

It will depend as always on location though.

Here's an example. Go up the Edgware Road and as you pass the flyover you will see lots of new flat developments, both on Edgware Road and in the Paddington area. Now if the pandemic has scared people off from central London, then these properties will be difficult to sell, and that will depress the housing market for miles. However it only takes a few score HK Chinese (or rich Arabs) to buy up these million pound flats, and sentiment changes 100%

 

Yep

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unmoderated said:

Did we? Is that what the average leaver voted for?

Took our jobs? LOL

A unit of supply is a unit of demand. The bigger the society the bigger the labour market and opportunities. Number of jobs isn't fixed. Further the average HK is (I'm going out on a limb) better educated than the average Hungarian car washer or labourer?

I should have ended with /sarcasm ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the point of it all?  HPI needs to be rethought and benefit all those in society.  I’m fed up with hearing these damn headlines saying prices are rising of seemingly unproductive assets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.