Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Does it feel like the end to you?


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Rachel88 said:

As for trump's economy and tax cuts. Tax cuts create businesses and employment. Trump wanted more products to be made in America. It's why he kicked of with the UK over 5g. 

Trump's economic policies were spot on. He also wanted to raise the interest rate, its thanks to Trump that America's interest rate is 2%. Where as ours 0%. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/31/trump-rails-against-powell-day-after-fed-cuts-rates-for-a-third-time-this-year.html

Quote

“Jay Powell and the Federal Reserve Fail Again,” he tweeted. “No ‘guts,’ no sense, no vision!”

Trump wants the Fed to push interest rates down to zero or even into negative territory. Trump argues that the current rates put the U.S. at a competitive disadvantage to other countries, and touts the historically low levels of inflation as evidence that the economy is well-positioned to handle such low borrowing rates.

Cool story @Rachel88

Also for African American supporters:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1184425/presidential-election-exit-polls-share-votes-ethnicity-us/

image.png.01ff0bd3022d2f2390172a85c35399a8.png

You take your news from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Freki said:

This graph shows that people from other ethnic groups voted for Trump. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

history goes in cycles, and there is a pretty well defined 400 ish year cycle in this country concerning stuff like "revolutions" and regime change if you'd like to call it that,same story each time, elite or monarchs get too big for their boots,enact unjust taxes and laws etc which draws out a resistance movement and said elites/monarchs brought to book.We would appear to be on the cusp of another one.

oliver cromwell/jacobite rebellions in the 1600's, giving way to our bill of rights etc

king john at runnymede  in 1215  giving us magna carta

alftred the great  in the 800's

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Which leads to me say I find it very strange when people appear to worship foreign politicians (or even our home grown ones). There is not a single politician I can think of whose behaviour and policies I look at and think yeah bingo you are 100% right mwah mwah let me lick your boots.

And if ever ‘one’ has a pop at a politicians the supporter reply with how the leftie or the righty opposition are bad because of XYZ. Like they think because we don’t like their leader we think someone else is better or perfect. 

My ‘looney leftie’ approach (that’s my new political positions apparently rather than a middle liberal😆😆) did find JC (no not Jesus, the other JC) a refreshing change. Did I think he was good and did I think he should have won....nope. I would give him a strong 2/10 which was better than the alternatives.😉

I wonder if one day we will have a conviction politician who at least tries to lead a selfless but wealth creation political party for the good of the many and rewards the hard work of the few. 

We vilify the poor, we vilify the rich and politics perhaps brings the best and worst of most people. The media stir thing up for self interest and even the great opportunity on the internet for unbiased reporting has now been taken over by fake news. 

There probably have been the odd universal great leaders in the past like Maharaja Rajit Singh....and others who weren’t ‘great’ who did great things in times of adversity eg Abe and even Winston.

I hope one day have a truly selfless leader to create a united spirit for the good of the planet, peace and mankind......a Bill and Ted utopia 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

And if ever ‘one’ has a pop at a politicians the supporter reply with how the leftie or the righty opposition are bad because of XYZ. Like they think because we don’t like their leader we think someone else is better or perfect. 

My ‘looney leftie’ approach (that’s my new political positions apparently rather than a middle liberal😆😆) did find JC (no not Jesus, the other JC) a refreshing change. Did I think he was good and did I think he should have won....nope. I would give him a strong 2/10 which was better than the alternatives.

 

I’d probably be classed as an idiot tankie, just because I don’t think our capitalist systems are bringing enough people happiness. Heretic! 

Agreed on JC. He was interesting but ultimately useless. I can’t understand the willingness of people to throw themselves wailing on his pyre, it’s bizarre. 

I’m not saying no politician has ever done anything good or worthy. I’m saying I cannot understand this HERO WORSHIP and this denial that they can have faults, or excusing their lies and manipulations - why would I make an excuse for a stranger I don’t know? Why are people so obsessed and swept up in these personality cults? Outside of my family there isn’t anyone I’d die for and yet there are people willing to get shot in the neck for Donald bloody Trump - I absolutely cannot fathom it in the slightest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I’d probably be classed as an idiot tankie, just because I don’t think our capitalist systems are bringing enough people happiness. Heretic! 

Agreed on JC. He was interesting but ultimately useless. I can’t understand the willingness of people to throw themselves wailing on his pyre, it’s bizarre. 

I’m not saying no politician has ever done anything good or worthy. I’m saying I cannot understand this HERO WORSHIP and this denial that they can have faults, or excusing their lies and manipulations - why would I make an excuse for a stranger I don’t know? Why are people so obsessed and swept up in these personality cults? Outside of my family there isn’t anyone I’d die for and yet there are people willing to get shot in the neck for Donald bloody Trump - I absolutely cannot fathom it in the slightest. 

Just look at the success of ‘influencers’ on the internet.  Completely beyond my comprehension but it’s an alarming example of how people crave to be led. Can’t think for yourself? Hey, sub contract it out and get someone to do it for you.

And as for cults we have Bitcoin threads as useful examples...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Innkeeper said:

Just look at the success of ‘influencers’ on the internet.  Completely beyond my comprehension but it’s an alarming example of how people crave to be led. Can’t think for yourself? Hey, sub contract it out and get someone to do it for you.

And as for cults we have Bitcoin threads as useful examples...

Good point, as if those we support will protect us and look after our best interests.....vested influencers.;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oracle said:

history goes in cycles, and there is a pretty well defined 400 ish year cycle in this country concerning stuff like "revolutions" and regime change if you'd like to call it that,same story each time, elite or monarchs get too big for their boots,enact unjust taxes and laws etc which draws out a resistance movement and said elites/monarchs brought to book.We would appear to be on the cusp of another one.

oliver cromwell/jacobite rebellions in the 1600's, giving way to our bill of rights etc

king john at runnymede  in 1215  giving us magna carta

So what about the civil wars in the 1100s, 1200s, 1300s, 1400s, 1500s (in the sense of revolts and 'Bloody Mary', although no full civil war), 1600s, 1700s (Jacobites and American colonies) ? There really isn't a 400 year cycle. And I've missed a number out even in that list. It's more that the 1800s onwards have been lacking in civil wars. 

Quote

 

 

Edited by NobodyInParticular
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pop321 said:

And if ever ‘one’ has a pop at a politicians the supporter reply with how the leftie or the righty opposition are bad because of XYZ. Like they think because we don’t like their leader we think someone else is better or perfect. 

My ‘looney leftie’ approach (that’s my new political positions apparently rather than a middle liberal😆😆) did find JC (no not Jesus, the other JC) a refreshing change. Did I think he was good and did I think he should have won....nope. I would give him a strong 2/10 which was better than the alternatives.😉

I wonder if one day we will have a conviction politician who at least tries to lead a selfless but wealth creation political party for the good of the many and rewards the hard work of the few. 

We vilify the poor, we vilify the rich and politics perhaps brings the best and worst of most people. The media stir thing up for self interest and even the great opportunity on the internet for unbiased reporting has now been taken over by fake news. 

There probably have been the odd universal great leaders in the past like Maharaja Rajit Singh....and others who weren’t ‘great’ who did great things in times of adversity eg Abe and even Winston.

I hope one day have a truly selfless leader to create a united spirit for the good of the planet, peace and mankind......a Bill and Ted utopia 😆

Churchill was pretty divisive and hated poor people.

He was only really an effective war leader 1940-2 and was pretty much sidelined in favour of Eden and Attlee thereafter, sadly. Roosevelt and Stalin didn't rate him. The latter seemed to think he was a soft target at conferences and could be leaned on to sign up for something that worked for Stalin, such as the back of a napkin carving up of the Balkans. Not that FDR was that tough either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Pop321 said:

And that Hitler guy....he had Germany economy booming

That one's a bit of a myth. Workers' wages in 1939 were still lower than 1929 and the coffers were empty. Since the currency wasn't fiat, then Germany could have gone bust without WW2. 

21 hours ago, Pop321 said:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Change is the only constant.

Every generation has a test. Dont forget even the Boomers had proper austerity to deal with early in their lives care of the legacy of WW2, which was really the fall of the British Empire. Subsequent generations had Thatcher (thanks Boomers!), fall of the USSR, rise of the EU, Blair and WMD...now we have the fall of the US (and its Dollar) and the rise of China. At least Harold Wilson kept the UK out of Vietnam.

We are all products of our education and unless you are the customer (i.e. privately educated) you are the product.

Who benefits? Who pays? follow the money, Qui Bono etc.....Dont forget that those vilified Boomers shaped the education system that produced the Millennial Generation.

Rapid change can be painful; it is the normal process for old attitudes to die with a particular generation, so when things speed up we end up with a generation of older people who seem "out of touch".

For disclosure I am the very first of Gen X...had I been born a month earlier I would be a Boomer.

Maybe this can help a few, its one of my favourite quotes and no, I havent read the book:-

“Ideally, what should be said to every child, repeatedly, throughout his or her school life is something like this: 'You are in the process of being indoctrinated. We have not yet evolved a system of education that is not a system of indoctrination. We are sorry, but it is the best we can do. What you are being taught here is an amalgam of current prejudice and the choices of this particular culture. The slightest look at history will show how impermanent these must be. You are being taught by people who have been able to accommodate themselves to a regime of thought laid down by their predecessors. It is a self-perpetuating system. Those of you who are more robust and individual than others will be encouraged to leave and find ways of educating yourself — educating your own judgements. Those that stay must remember, always, and all the time, that they are being moulded and patterned to fit into the narrow and particular needs of this particular society.”
Doris Lessing,
The Golden Notebook
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NobodyInParticular said:

That one's a bit of a myth. Workers' wages in 1939 were still lower than 1929 and the coffers were empty. Since the currency wasn't fiat, then Germany could have gone bust without WW2. 

 

T’wasnt a serious historical reference. However thanks for the correction. I am normally such an advocate of this guy 🤦🏻‍♂️
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

🤣😁🤭🤣😁🤭🤣😁🤭🤣😁

Are you for real? 

Oh does it show that NO Hispanic, Asian, native Indians or African Americans voted for Trump?

No, no it doesn't does it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it may be End for the Neoliberal global system and even some billionaires in power felt it was going to come crashing down eventually as soon as it was gaining full steam by the very late 80s/first half of the 90s:

With offshoring, etc, over two decades later we get a egotistical demagogue elected in on a wave of discontent, then the violent downfall of a corrupted democracy in America, and open mob rule.

Edited by Big Orange
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NobodyInParticular said:

Just adding weight to your sarcastic 'approval' 😊

👍🏻

Sarcasm on sarcasm gets lost sometimes via the written ‘forum’ word.

That’s why we should all be in a pub...😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

O

1 minute ago, Pmax2020 said:

Yea I’m not convinced there is a 32 year old Rachael posting here 😌

My name is Rachel not Rachael. I said people from all ethnic backgrounds voted for Trump, the graph you sent proves it. Whether less people voted for him from ethnic backgrounds is irrelevant to the fact that people still, call him racist, when he has supporters from all ethnic groups. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2021 at 22:16, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like it's the end of something, an era. 

Maybe you can rationalise it better than me if you're feeling the same. 

 

End of the good times, end of Britain, end of freedom, end of the union, end of people accepting the actions of the elite, end of days. 

Am i making any sense? 

Ah sweet summer child.

K-Winter is here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rachel88 said:

O

My name is Rachel not Rachael. I said people from all ethnic backgrounds voted for Trump, the graph you sent proves it. Whether less people voted for him from ethnic backgrounds is irrelevant to the fact that people still, call him racist, when he has supporters from all ethnic groups. 

He uses race as a weapon 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rachel88 said:

You're right I am a rarity in my generation. I dont nod and agree to people around me. 

Its incredibly stressful at times. I remember one occasion I a friend ranted at me "Trump is a racist" I asked her "Why does he have so many people from all ethnic groups supporting him? He has lots of African Americans supporters." You should have seen her face, she the said "they are all crazy".

The bit I struggled with in her response was the word "they", as that groups people of ethnicity together, never mind the insult that they are then all "crazy".

She then went on to rant about how Trump "wants to shag his daughter".

Lol.

As for trump's economy and tax cuts. Tax cuts create businesses and employment. Trump wanted more products to be made in America. It's why he kicked of with the UK over 5g. 

Trump's economic policies were spot on. He also wanted to raise the interest rate, its thanks to Trump that America's interest rate is 2%. Where as ours 0%. 

You mean like telling anyone who disagrees with you they are lefty loonies kind of rant?

He didn't want interest rates raising he public rebuked Powell numerous times for suggesting it - but he's rewriting that bit of history like Toby Young on steroids.

Now the assertion he has Black, Hispanic, Latino, Indian or other ethnic voters is an endorsement against racism? People reaching a certain wealth threshold experience it less so it is less of a sticking point for them - do all white people vote for one party or a myriad? 

There is also the concept of single issues for a given group taking centre stage - for instance many Cuban exile families are pro Trump simply because he undid Obama's thaw in relations.

There's your nuance your friend didn't provide.

Now I'm not looking to start a fight here but you can't claim you don't just nod things through and then just reiterate easily disprovable things Trump says as facts either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.