House Price Crash Forum

Does it feel like the end to you?

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Sadly Rachel that is what he would like people to think but he stuffed that up completely.

All Trump achieved was big tax cuts for some people who didn't need it and accelerate a recovery that was already underway and thereby make it unsustainable.

I work in financial services his every word brought uncertainty and instability. We kinda don't like uncertainty unless you are super short-termist volatility traders.

Now if you want something he delivered he created a right wing majority in the supreme court, revoked anything with Obama's signature on it and withdrew US influence from several areas. Those are only wins if you are a hard right Republican and I know devoted Republicans who think he's a disaster - inc a lot of ex veterans.

To quote one "He made W look good" or as I replied - "His speeches made Bush Jnr sound like Lawrence Olivier".

He doesn't say it as it is he's a bulls!t merchant who invents things to suit his situation and cares nothing for anyone but himself - see how he's turned on all those who stood by him but won't support his attempts to overturn the election result.

At a Covid briefing he spent 20 mins going on about 'Witchunts and how amazing he was' before 5 mins announcing what they would do on Covid. Then stormed out when asked a question he didn't like shouting Fake news.

Now that may be the low bar you want in an elected official but I certainly don't. The spams can do better and hopefully they won't go partisan and will undo a lot of the stupidity.

I am the same generation as you but earlier in the 80s, you are probably one of about 3 people in that generation who doesn't view him as a joke. If he was in the UK he would be your landlord jacking up your rent if he found out you could afford 2 wks holiday abroad.

You're right I am a rarity in my generation. I dont nod and agree to people around me. 

Its incredibly stressful at times. I remember one occasion I a friend ranted at me "Trump is a racist" I asked her "Why does he have so many people from all ethnic groups supporting him? He has lots of African Americans supporters." You should have seen her face, she the said "they are all crazy".

The bit I struggled with in her response was the word "they", as that groups people of ethnicity together, never mind the insult that they are then all "crazy".

She then went on to rant about how Trump "wants to shag his daughter".

Lol.

As for trump's economy and tax cuts. Tax cuts create businesses and employment. Trump wanted more products to be made in America. It's why he kicked of with the UK over 5g. 

Trump's economic policies were spot on. He also wanted to raise the interest rate, its thanks to Trump that America's interest rate is 2%. Where as ours 0%. 

On 14/01/2021 at 15:47, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Just reading the news, looking at the markets, actions of the bankers, the politicians, brexit, lockdown, the anger, trump, the bbc (or lack thereof) climate change, population growth etc etc etc. 

First time in my existence that I've looked out tye window and thought #### this isn't going to continue much longer. 

My children hugged me today and i savoured it. We're going into some dark times i feel. 

I see it as BAU with a few anomalies thrown in.  As a western country, in comparison to others,  I see the bonus of Brexit adding to the burden of Covid   making things somewhat extremely sh * t but not the end. There have been lots of black swans throughout history that have been survived and often been the start of something good (hard to believe right now)  

35 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I think I'm mentally ill, 

As might we all. Basically I'm roundly annoyed at the whingeing from the Trump-right. It's turned into a cult.

41 minutes ago, Rachel88 said:

You're right I am a rarity in my generation. I dont nod and agree to people around me. 

Its incredibly stressful at times. I remember one occasion I a friend ranted at me "Trump is a racist" I asked her "Why does he have so many people from all ethnic groups supporting him? He has lots of African Americans supporters." You should have seen her face, she the said "they are all crazy".

The bit I struggled with in her response was the word "they", as that groups people of ethnicity together, never mind the insult that they are then all "crazy".

She then went on to rant about how Trump "wants to shag his daughter".

Lol.

As for trump's economy and tax cuts. Tax cuts create businesses and employment. Trump wanted more products to be made in America. It's why he kicked of with the UK over 5g. 

Trump's economic policies were spot on. He also wanted to raise the interest rate, its thanks to Trump that America's interest rate is 2%. Where as ours 0%. 

He nominated Judy Shelton, a fan of the gold standard on the Federal reserve. Oh well. More printy printy printy printy printy printy printy printy asset bubble f*ck the poor wage deflation printy printy printy from now on.

2015-07-27-1438024680-5677388-Productivi

Yes the gold standard was dropped in the 1970s.

Edited by Arpeggio
Just now, Arpeggio said:

He nominated Judy Shelton, a fan of the gold standard on the Federal reserve. Oh well. More printy printy printy printy printy printy printy printy asset bubble f*ck the poor wage deflation printy printy printy from now on.

2015-07-27-1438024680-5677388-Productivi

Yes the gold standard was dropped in the 1970s.

GOOGLE

In 2017, 80.4 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.3 percent of all wage and salary workers. Among those paid by the hour, 542,000 workers earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.
9 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Was cult a misspelling? 

Post of the week?
Certainly in the top 3. 😆😆

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Yip, the world as we knew it is ending 

Probably / hopefully Good:

Search for "Estonian government collapses"

Senate Judiciary has publicly released declassified documents including key intel on FISA, Crossfire Hurricane, and Trump Campaign surveillance.

Not so Good:

Joe Biden plans to deploy FEMA, National Guard to set up C19 "vaccine clinics" across the United States.

boiling-frog.png?w=614&f=1&nofb=1

No idea / cover story:

Heathrow terminal 2 evacuated over bomb scare.

Edited by Arpeggio
21 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

3 government collapses in one day ? 

Russia, Holland and Estonia? 

Wtf!!!! 

Russia haven't collapsed, it was planned in order to enable a smooth change in the constitution.

3 hours ago, Rachel88 said:

Wrong. Trump most recently wanted negative rates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/11/trump-says-fed-boneheads-should-cut-interest-rates-to-zero-or-less-us-should-refinance-debt.html

Which leads to me say I find it very strange when people appear to worship foreign politicians (or even our home grown ones). There is not a single politician I can think of whose behaviour and policies I look at and think yeah bingo you are 100% right mwah mwah let me lick your boots.

15 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

The financial crash on top of a worldwide systems hack (Solar Winds) and C19 was / is supposed to be another facet of the collapse paving way for the Great Reset.

Just now, Arpeggio said:

The financial crash on top of a worldwide systems hack (Solar Winds) and C19 was / is supposed to be another facet of the collapse paving way for the Great Reset.

15 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/11/trump-says-fed-boneheads-should-cut-interest-rates-to-zero-or-less-us-should-refinance-debt.html

Which leads to me say I find it very strange when people appear to worship foreign politicians (or even our home grown ones). There is not a single politician I can think of whose behaviour and policies I look at and think yeah bingo you are 100% right mwah mwah let me lick your boots.

Interesting bit in that article about Fed- low rates and recession.

Here's a longer term article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bankrate.com/banking/federal-reserve/was-trump-right-about-the-fed-and-rates/amp/

With Europe NZ Australia having around 0% in 2019 you cant blame him.

Worship Biden. Praise him. Lick lick. 

21 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

You haven't got a f*cking clue.

th?id=OIP.dTPh4oPo6BqKx21b-VcWdQHaEK%26p

1 minute ago, Rachel88 said:

Interesting bit in that article about Fed- low rates and recession.

Here's a longer term article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bankrate.com/banking/federal-reserve/was-trump-right-about-the-fed-and-rates/amp/

With Europe NZ Australia having around 0% in 2019 you cant blame him.

Worship Biden. Praise him. Lick lick. 

Thanks for telling me. China was at it too with their Yuan.

5 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

LMAOooo

I love how you self censor the swearies :D 

(PS Cuban missile crisis, Bay of Pigs, Iraq coup, Vietnam... but all hail the holy man, touch the hem etc)

You work for the public sector. Keep doing TikTok dances with your pals.

Edited by Arpeggio
42 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Home Office urged to explain 150,000 arrest records wiped in tech blunder

"Offenders may go free after software bug deletes fingerprint and DNA files on police computer"

They can apply for jobs in the police force now, and enforce COVID restrictions, how convenient. Not really any other jobs to apply to for a while now.

Edited by Arpeggio