Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Does it feel like the end to you?


Recommended Posts

End of what? What did we have in the first place?

Being able to live comfortably is an ideal not a reality, life is always full of challenges.

Mass suffering leads to enlightenment, there is nothing to be afraid of.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, sta100 said:

End of what? What did we have in the first place?

Being able to live comfortably is an ideal not a reality, life is always full of challenges.

Mass suffering leads to enlightenment, there is nothing to be afraid of.

 

 

 

Well said!

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not the end of anything. All we hear from anyone that will be heard is the need to 'get back to normal' ie the status quo of neo-liberal capitalism, eternal economic growth and globalism. 

The only thing that will change this is a climate catastrophe that forces our hand, by then it'll be too late. 

Scary as I'm only 33 and am likely to see this before I die. 

 

Edited by Postman
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

It's over yet most people are still obsessing about house prices, new cars, holidays and lunching with fake friends.

2021 will knock that out of them.

 

I highly doubt millennials, will tolerate limitations to their freedoms long term.

Once people have been vaccinated, people will expect, normal to return, even if death rates are still high. By March/April, we will all be much more adjusted to experiencing much more death in our lives.

Sage, warned to expect restrictions again next winter, this will not be tolerated long term.

We also don't know the long term side effects of the vaccine and that means things could get alot worse. Although this would likely be disguised as a new strain etc causing the deaths.

It does feel, as if there is an end game here, not just assest inflation but somthing else is also possibly going on?

Edited by Speed1987
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeanutButter said:

Can't think what could give that feeling... https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Who knows? 

(tin foil hat on)

world population may start to reduce...

sterility due to cv19? 

Been bandied around for about 8 years.. https://lisahaven.news/2018/08/its-not-just-deagel-anymore-mit-predicts-dramatic-death-drop-in-2020-and-the-end-in-2040/

(tin foil had off).

Would love to be able to buy a home sometime now post-divorce :(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels like another recession. 

Although I've never felt like we got out of the last one. 

The world would have been better with Trump in the White House. Biden has dementia and Kamala is mental, worse than trump. Anyone praising these two need their heads testing. 

Sometimes it's not about who you like, its about who does a better job and Trump did a good job of the USA economy. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Speed1987 said:

I highly doubt millennials, will tolerate limitations to their freedoms long term.

Once people have been vaccinated, people will expect, normal to return, even if death rates are still high. By March/April, we will all be much more adjusted to experiencing much more death in our lives.

Sage, warned to expect restrictions again next winter, this will not be tolerated long term.

We also don't know the long term side effects of the vaccine and that means things could get alot worse. Although this would likely be disguised as a new strain etc causing the deaths.

It does feel, as if there is an end game here, not just assest inflation but somthing else is also possibly going on?

Agreed. I think the young have tolerated huge restriction on the freedom to protect the old and vulnerable. After all, they all have parents they care about. Once the most vulnerable have been vaccinated I think compliance will collapse as people look to get back to normal as quickly as possible. The virus will be allowed to let rip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hp72 said:

Who knows? 

(tin foil hat on)

world population may start to reduce...

sterility due to cv19? 

Been bandied around for about 8 years.. https://lisahaven.news/2018/08/its-not-just-deagel-anymore-mit-predicts-dramatic-death-drop-in-2020-and-the-end-in-2040/

(tin foil had off).

Would love to be able to buy a home sometime now post-divorce :(

Firstly, sorry about your divorce. We make a lot of jokes on here about estate agents not being essential workers but for all the people splitting up, or fleeing domestic violence, it's important to have access to shelter. I too hope that you can find a home. 

Increasing sterility would indeed be a bad scenario. I'm all for people opting out of procreation willingly, being able to choose education and careers, having freedom and liberty to decide if they want kids, instead of feeling forced into it by culture and society. There are already burgeoning baby markets in Africa, South America, Eastern Europe and China - an increase in sterility would place even more pressure on poor women to hire out their bodies as incubators. Repugnant stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rachel88 said:

It feels like another recession. 

Although I've never felt like we got out of the last one. 

The world would have been better with Trump in the White House. Biden has dementia and Kamala is mental, worse than trump. Anyone praising these two need their heads testing. 

Sometimes it's not about who you like, its about who does a better job and Trump did a good job of the USA economy. 

 

And that Hitler guy....he had Germany economy booming and was a great public speaker. Some people don’t get the credit they deserve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

And that Hitler guy....he had Germany economy booming and was a great public speaker. Some people don’t get the credit they deserve.

Arh yes..... the typical response of trying to label Trump as Hitler.

Can I just ask, did Trump kill

Jews 6 million
Soviet civilians around 7 million (including 1.3 Soviet Jewish civilians, who are included in the 6 million figure for Jews)
Soviet prisoners of war around 3 million (including about 50,000 Jewish soldiers)
Non-Jewish Polish civilians around 1.8 million (including between 50,000 and 100,000 members of the Polish elites)
Serb civilians (on the territory of Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina) 312,000
People with disabilities living in institutions up to 250,000
Roma (Gypsies) up to 250,000
Jehovah's Witnesses around 1,900
Repeat criminal offenders and so-called asocials at least 70,000
German political opponents and resistance activists in Axis-occupied territory undetermined
Homosexuals hundreds, possibly thousands (possibly also counted in part under the 70,000 repeat criminal offenders and so-called asocials noted above)

In concentration camps?

No no he didn't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

“It seems our kingdom has been reduced to a land of bewitched men living outside the natural order of things…the contradictory truth is that our wealth is all paper blowing in the wind…contracts, bonds, letters of exchange, coin but nothing fruitful or productive.  Thus the kingdom is finished, revenues have collapsed…”…

Martin Gonzalez de Cellorigo, Spain, 1600.

[posted before but seems appropriate to this thread]

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like it's the end of something, an era. 

Maybe you can rationalise it better than me if you're feeling the same. 

 

End of the good times, end of Britain, end of freedom, end of the union, end of people accepting the actions of the elite, end of days. 

Am i making any sense? 

You ok hun?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, winkie said:

There is enough to go around.......how it is distributed is the problem...... can't see anyway anytime soon can remove greed and entitlement.....rats in sacks.;)

Spot on.  They wont stop till we stop them.

 

Either way, misery is here for millions

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rachel88 said:

Arh yes..... the typical response of trying to label Trump as Hitler.

Can I just ask, did Trump kill

Jews 6 million
Soviet civilians around 7 million (including 1.3 Soviet Jewish civilians, who are included in the 6 million figure for Jews)
Soviet prisoners of war around 3 million (including about 50,000 Jewish soldiers)
Non-Jewish Polish civilians around 1.8 million (including between 50,000 and 100,000 members of the Polish elites)
Serb civilians (on the territory of Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina) 312,000
People with disabilities living in institutions up to 250,000
Roma (Gypsies) up to 250,000
Jehovah's Witnesses around 1,900
Repeat criminal offenders and so-called asocials at least 70,000
German political opponents and resistance activists in Axis-occupied territory undetermined
Homosexuals hundreds, possibly thousands (possibly also counted in part under the 70,000 repeat criminal offenders and so-called asocials noted above)

In concentration camps?

No no he didn't. 

You are right. He’s a great guy....in fact the greatest guy who have ever been a guy. In fact the greatest great guy ever. 

Just ask him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

People have realised the game is rigged. Whatever happens, the chumocracy will get their contracts. The UK has been a corrupt cesspool for decades now, but now everyone knows it. And of course on a global scale the likes of Musk, Bezos and Murdoch control the agenda. The only threat to their hegemony comes from China, which is why we'll hear more and more anti-Chinese propaganda. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rachel88 said:

He's better than you

I know. I heard him tell everyone. He is the best at (because he has said):

Campaign finance, tv ratings, ISIS, social media, courts, lawsuits, the visa system, courts, politicians, trade, the US government system, renewable energy, trade, debt, money, infrastructure, borders, etc etc it’s a long list

He ‘just puts it out there’ which is one of the most dangerous things I have ever seen. Maybe we should rough him up, I am joking...or am I? (Laugh, laugh). Then I wait to see if any buddies or the media agree, get consensus and push boundaries again. 

Divisive and dangerous but hopefully for not much longer. 

I don’t advocate the alternatives either but it the US will get what it deserves. As will the UK.🤦🏻‍♂️
 

Maybe you are right @TheCountOfNowhere now it feels like the end is near. 

Edited by Pop321
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

Maybe you are right @TheCountOfNowhere now it feels like the end is near. 

The thing is, in just about every decade you could reel off a list of things that make it feel "the end is near"....we were going to be wiped out by a Cold War nuclear winter....the US had a crooked President in Nixon...the oil was going to run out...etc etc

If anything, my experience on Earth in the last 40 years suggests to me that:
- There are both good eggs and bad eggs (Nixon/Trump vs Obama etc)
- Humans only tend to veer away from the edge when they can see over the precipice 

What do I mean by the latter?  Well we waited right until RBS is about to go bust before we stepped in and bail it out, and we will wait right until Climate Change is staring us in the face before we properly act...but we are already beginning to act.  Basically, doom and gloom comes if you extrapolate the present into the future, but in reality that doesn't work because people change things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Speed1987 said:

It does feel, as if there is an end game here, not just assest inflation but somthing else is also possibly going on?

Yes, it’s called a house price crash 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pop321 said:

I know. I heard him tell everyone. He is the best at (because he has said):

Campaign finance, tv ratings, ISIS, social media, courts, lawsuits, the visa system, courts, politicians, trade, the US government system, renewable energy, trade, debt, money, infrastructure, borders, etc etc it’s a long list

He ‘just puts it out there’ which is one of the most dangerous things I have ever seen. Maybe we should rough him up, I am joking...or am I? (Laugh, laugh). Then I wait to see if any buddies or the media agree, get consensus and push boundaries again. 

Divisive and dangerous but hopefully for not much longer. 

I don’t advocate the alternatives either but it the US will get what it deserves. As will the UK.🤦🏻‍♂️
 

Maybe you are right @TheCountOfNowhere now it feels like the end is near. 

How dare he build a wall to keep drug dealers, people working illegally who pay no tax or people who are not born in America. 

How dare he mention ISIS, who have killed many people in their own country.

How dare he say the media is bias.

How dare he file a lawsuit at court.

How dare he discuss trade. Lol.

How dare he discuss money. Lol

Or renewable energy.

I'm laughing writing that list. If you thinking talking about any of them issues are dangerous then oh my.

What you are failing to realise is ISIS, South American drug cartel are dangerous.  

But any way you shout peace and unity. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottbeard said:

The thing is, in just about every decade you could reel off a list of things that make it feel "the end is near"....we were going to be wiped out by a Cold War nuclear winter....the US had a crooked President in Nixon...the oil was going to run out...etc etc

If anything, my experience on Earth in the last 40 years suggests to me that:
- There are both good eggs and bad eggs (Nixon/Trump vs Obama etc)
- Humans only tend to veer away from the edge when they can see over the precipice 

What do I mean by the latter?  Well we waited right until RBS is about to go bust before we stepped in and bail it out, and we will wait right until Climate Change is staring us in the face before we properly act...but we are already beginning to act.  Basically, doom and gloom comes if you extrapolate the present into the future, but in reality that doesn't work because people change things.

I can remember an old boss....with old wisdom used to say: 

If is wasn’t for the last minute....nothing would get done. 

Your ‘edge of the precipice’ viewpoint makes a lot of sense and does ring true 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.