House Price Crash Forum

Does it feel like the end to you?

1 minute ago, longgone said:

the whole thing ?

How many beds and chairs do you need?......can only sleep and sit in one at any one time......no yellow lines outside house, near shops and station.......long walks down the promenade.;)

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, winkie said:

I bought my car from a guy that lives in those flats. Pretty sure it was those exact ones. It seemed rather nice at the time, if I recall. Although it was a sunny summers day which makes all the difference if you live on the coast.

If I had bought bitcoin instead of his car I would be able to afford to buy his flat now instead.

15 minutes ago, Glenn said:

I bought my car from a guy that lives in those flats. Pretty sure it was those exact ones. It seemed rather nice at the time, if I recall. Although it was a sunny summers day which makes all the difference if you live on the coast.

If I had bought bitcoin instead of his car I would be able to afford to buy his flat now instead.

If you say so......can't live in a bitcoin.;)

25 minutes ago, Glenn said:

😂 

hindsight hey. if we all knew 10p would turn into 30k i would own Margate 

1 hour ago, winkie said:

How many beds and chairs do you need?......can only sleep and sit in one at any one time......no yellow lines outside house, near shops and station.......long walks down the promenade.;)

generally i would like to stretch out in a holiday home, if i wanted to short stay in a s***hole i could book a Travelodge. ;) 

1 hour ago, longgone said:

just when i think about buying  a holiday home by the coast the bar stewards push the prices up moving away from London.

only way is to crash the lot.  

Only if they can sell....looking at the surge in listing and the price drops I think there wont be many escaping to the coast.

I had a look at Staine Upon Pants/Thames today and it looked more reasonable that Milton Keynes/Luton etc.

4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Only if they can sell....looking at the surge in listing and the price drops I think there wont be many escaping to the coast.

I had a look at Staine Upon Pants/Thames today and it looked more reasonable that Milton Keynes/Luton etc.

funny you should say stains, here is a nice little demonstration of EA deliberately blocking offers for his friends to profit from flipping. 

i tried to offer on this one and got the usual spiel 

https://nethouseprices.com/house-prices/street-details-sale/c995ff3cbfa74bcda4b6eef0b1e36827/40 hythe road, staines, tw18 3ed/2015

21 minutes ago, longgone said:

funny you should say stains, here is a nice little demonstration of EA deliberately blocking offers for his friends to profit from flipping. 

i tried to offer on this one and got the usual spiel 

https://nethouseprices.com/house-prices/street-details-sale/c995ff3cbfa74bcda4b6eef0b1e36827/40 hythe road, staines, tw18 3ed/2015

We've all been there. 

Absolute and total ####s

The 2nd hand house salesmen industry is one of the few that should never get tax payers support in any shape or fashion. 

2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

We've all been there. 

Absolute and total ####s

The 2nd hand house salesmen industry is one of the few that should never get tax payers support in any shape or fashion. 

i won`t argue with that. 

i have about 6 properties from the past 10 years they have played this game. that was the last one i never bothered to look anymore after that. 

Even after the cheap house has sold they have removed the details from sold prices on most websites. i assume they contact them all individually to do this. 

i remember a flat in 2011 repo being sold by hsbc and it took me 2 months to get to see it only after contacting head office.

scum bags over bid my offer by £1000 and flipped it for 50k profit.   

29 minutes ago, longgone said:

i won`t argue with that. 

i have about 6 properties from the past 10 years they have played this game. that was the last one i never bothered to look anymore after that. 

Even after the cheap house has sold they have removed the details from sold prices on most websites. i assume they contact them all individually to do this. 

i remember a flat in 2011 repo being sold by hsbc and it took me 2 months to get to see it only after contacting head office.

I was refused access to a nice family home.... They sold it for 2009 collapse price, built in the garden and sold for 4x what they paid. 

Revenge is a dish best served cold. 

15 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I was refused access to a nice family home.... They sold it for 2009 collapse price, built in the garden and sold for 4x what they paid. 

Revenge is a dish best served cold. 

😬

it`s a shame anything of importance is run by spivs be it housing sales or recruitment. 

i hope you let the previous owners know they were had over. 

10 hours ago, longgone said:

i won`t argue with that. 

Different thread I know, but repo example happened to me. Flat came up (N York) and auction was in London. It had some set viewing times and either the keys didn’t work or the guy didn’t turn up. Genuinely ridiculous. 

So with no viewing it went to auction and this was early days and I needed a mortgage. So really I was out.

However, I had viewed the property previously (about 6 months earlier) through the local agent who luckily still had keys. So without a further viewing I sorted the mortgage and the EA did give the keys to the mortgage valuer. (they couldn’t give them to me though). 

And this flat that had been marketed for £220k, dropped to £170k and I had previously offered £150k (it was worth about £170k)....hit the auction room. Funnily enough there was just one other bid at £120k and I bid £122k and bought it.

I just wish I could have seen the other bidders face...a North Yorkshire flat in a London auction with no viewings during the short 2/3 week window between catalogue printing and bidding and yet someone else was bidding. 

The industry is probably a lot cleaner than it was but I am sure certain dodgy deals are done. 

11 hours ago, longgone said:

😬

it`s a shame anything of importance is run by spivs be it housing sales or recruitment. 

i hope you let the previous owners know they were had over. 

I think it comes down to personalities, they're all greedy sociopaths who suffer from the dunning kruger effect so they bully their way to the top despite being totally f**king thick and incompetent.

6 hours ago, Pop321 said:

Different thread I know, but repo example happened to me. Flat came up (N York) and auction was in London. It had some set viewing times and either the keys didn’t work or the guy didn’t turn up. Genuinely ridiculous. 

So with no viewing it went to auction and this was early days and I needed a mortgage. So really I was out.

However, I had viewed the property previously (about 6 months earlier) through the local agent who luckily still had keys. So without a further viewing I sorted the mortgage and the EA did give the keys to the mortgage valuer. (they couldn’t give them to me though). 

And this flat that had been marketed for £220k, dropped to £170k and I had previously offered £150k (it was worth about £170k)....hit the auction room. Funnily enough there was just one other bid at £120k and I bid £122k and bought it.

I just wish I could have seen the other bidders face...a North Yorkshire flat in a London auction with no viewings during the short 2/3 week window between catalogue printing and bidding and yet someone else was bidding. 

The industry is probably a lot cleaner than it was but I am sure certain dodgy deals are done. 

Oh yes i had the lost keys, no electric to see, holes in the floor, exposed live wires, owner has keys on holiday all the spiel. 

it was a flat in part refurbishment all gutted gone bust cash buyer only.  

I`m sure if you persevere you can obtain these type of places but its hard work i agree in hindsight i probably could of bought a couple and should have. probably make a couple hundred grand but just got so demoralised by the whole process.

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I think it comes down to personalities, they're all greedy sociopaths who suffer from the dunning kruger effect so they bully their way to the top despite being totally f**king thick and incompetent.

Prime candidates to run the country then. 

1 hour ago, longgone said:

Oh yes i had the lost keys, no electric to see, holes in the floor, exposed live wires, owner has keys on holiday all the spiel. 

it was a flat in part refurbishment all gutted gone bust cash buyer only.  

I`m sure if you persevere you can obtain these type of places but its hard work i agree in hindsight i probably could of bought a couple and should have. probably make a couple hundred grand but just got so demoralised by the whole process.

Prime candidates to run the country then. 

Exactly.