Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Does it feel like the end to you?


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

It's ok, a couple of trillion just appeared, life is sweet

Very sweet..................all spare goes into Bitcoin.  Last stimulus saw thousands and thousands of new exact $1200 new Bitcoin purchases via Coinbase and other exchanges. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2020’s starting off roughly with an overdue correction in stock markets, builds a perfect base for a blow off top 2029

with all the money printing happening it’s only going one way.

there will be a huge wealth transfer starting from boomers to the young one way or another

i would say it’s the end of innocence, you have to abandon any theories of fairness, it’s dog eat dog, some people are lucky some are not. you have to play the game as it’s laid out like it or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trump Invective said:

It's ok, a couple of trillion just appeared, life is sweet

That is a lot of helecoptor money.......how can fear, and loss be replaced, is that now the only way out?

So many people and not enough work that provides a paycheck.......millions of jobs lost, what new jobs to replace them? AI stole reason and value........all the while time is moving on.;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Agenda 21 in action.

The powers that be are determined to stop us consuming to "save the planet" and tbh, that's not all bad.  I laugh every day at some of the TV adverts still lusting after the good old days.  These companies should really just do the decent thing and go bust.

 

Who we really need to watch is the Chinese as they want to be the main world power. 

Now, lets see inside that Wuhan lab near the wet market..................

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

It's Agenda 21 in action.

The powers that be are determined to stop us consuming to "save the planet" and tbh, that's not all bad.  I laugh every day at some of the TV adverts still lusting after the good old days.  These companies should really just do the decent thing and go bust.

 

Who we really need to watch is the Chinese as they want to be the main world power. 

Now, lets see inside that Wuhan lab near the wet market..................

Whenever I hear Agenda 21 lately it's normally in relation to some conspiracy theory. 

I just find the whole thing laughable, we were being taught about Agenda 21 in the 90s and there was no conspiracy at work. The goals weren't really achieved, it has been a bit of a failure. So end of story for Agenda 21, to be replaced by some other agenda....

Edited by spacedin
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like it's the end of something, an era. 

Maybe you can rationalise it better than me if you're feeling the same. 

End of the good times, end of Britain, end of freedom, end of the union, end of people accepting the actions of the elite, end of days. 

Am i making any sense? 

 

9 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Tge country will become even more unproductive and collapses further? 

People will be back in offices when productivity collapses 

The last 2/3 years of my working life I did it from home (and a local office if I was chairing a large committee and needed paper space to spread about). Massively productive perhaps attending 40 meetings a week reviewing products, documents, customer activity, pricing, legal and risk issues, approvals and I did the work 3 others had done before me. No more Bristol, London, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester meetings they were all remote with some held face to face but dial in permitted. Previously due to travel a meeting would take a whole day to approve or steer a new price, a new leaflet, new sales process but now that was all done by 10am and the next meeting started at 10:15. Effectively I was at the office all day...indeed I could do 8 til 6 and other than having a fuzzy head trying to remember what meeting was which...it was great because no travel. For some it was too much, too fast. 

However, I absolutely agree 70% of those working from home had jobs which required attendance at 3/4 meetings a week....and I have absolutely no doubt their productively was shocking. They scraped by with an occasional good bit of work. I know many mowed lawns, took dogs for walks and picked kids up from school and bearing in mind the salary that was not really best use of business time and money

The secret of making home working work from a business viewpoint is designing jobs that keep that person productive and very regular outputs (and I mean 5/6 outputs and contacts a day). 


In terms of ‘End of Days’ I am not feeling that yet. I still have hope but I know several people who don’t, so you are not alone. 

I like to think I act selflessly, with compassion, I care for and help others and try be a good person.  However, I then balance that with the fact the majority vote for this system and want to be led by the same class of Etonians (and then moan about not having enough and struggling) which allows me to hypocritically fully utilise this system for self benefit without too much guilt.

Vilify the poor and say school meal vouchers were being sold, sent to drug dens etc....then let some plc take over sending out shocking food parcels. A much wider theft then takes place but by men in suits so much more acceptable. Unluckily they pushed it a bit too far this time....most times they get the scam better balanced and better hid. 

I guess that smugness keeps me going....and the knowledge majority as well as TPTB are so worried about sharing their wealth and paying tax I know I will never have to share mine.

Maybe it’s actually a feeling of powerlessness  which I have managed to turn from anger and frustration to apathy. Hmmmm....maybe I am not that far behind you with that feeling of the end 😉

If the whole thing collapses and there is a reset then I will be happy(ish)  in that it was what was required and what the majority wanted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like it's the end of something, an era. 

Maybe you can rationalise it better than me if you're feeling the same. 

 

End of the good times, end of Britain, end of freedom, end of the union, end of people accepting the actions of the elite, end of days. 

Am i making any sense? 

close your eyes and "count" to ten

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scottbeard said:

Alas I also don't think it's the end of people accepting the actions of the elite - I don't see any sign of that at all?  Not sure what you are seeing there.

The Tories have always been the party of the elite. They can do no wrong these days, no matter how they c0ck up, they're still polling well. People love their posh masters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Maybe you can rationalise it better than me if you're feeling the same. 

No - business doing well - family happy and healthy - as soon as the pubs are open and live sport is on upwards and onwards 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

The Tories have always been the party of the elite. They can do no wrong these days, no matter how they c0ck up, they're still polling well. People love their posh masters.

Nah......not the party, it is quality leadership of any party......they work for us, all of us.;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scottbeard said:

a mixture of good and bad things will continue, as usual.

 

8 hours ago, scottbeard said:

despite these lockdown it's not the "end of freedom" any more than WW2 curfews were a permanent end of freedom.  War/COVID ends, rules change back.

As usual the voice of sanity and reason 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dugsbody said:

The Tories have always been the party of the elite. They can do no wrong these days, no matter how they c0ck up, they're still polling well. People love their posh masters.

yep, agree 🎉🍾🎈

Eeee, it better than those commies. Gordon Brown was the devil (albeit not really a leftie but New Labour but good enough)...and all the leftie media  including the BBC pushing stuff down our necks. 

I wonder how many leaders of the media really vote left....it’s either right wing or ‘reverse physiology’ leftie stuff. Either way it works and keeps that blue flag flying. 

At least the majority keep me in the manor to which I have become accustomed. 

The public get what the public wants. Appreciated. Now if the working class Tory voters can stop moaning and get back to work whilst i can enjoy the benefit of their work.😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, winkie said:

Nah......not the party, it is quality leadership of any party......they work for us, all of us.;)

They only have to show they are doing that to get re-elected:). Once they are in they are in it’s another story:) I agree the key is the leadership and the leaders ability to pull the party in the right direction while not getting stabbed in the back by the young would be leaders.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

The Tories have always been the party of the elite. They can do no wrong these days, no matter how they c0ck up, they're still polling well. People love their posh masters.

People get the government they deserve. 

Also, there is a distinct lack of any form of opposition. Probably because as long as the Tories maintain the status quo, Labour and Lib Dem hangers-on can continue to parasitise the sweet sweet nectar of government robbery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Locke said:

People get the government they deserve. 

Also, there is a distinct lack of any form of opposition. Probably because as long as the Tories maintain the status quo, Labour and Lib Dem hangers-on can continue to parasitise the sweet sweet nectar of government robbery.

Yep, all sucking from the same teat. It won’t change because the majority think they will get (and many do) the bits of milk left on the floor. 😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

yep, agree 🎉🍾🎈

Eeee, it better than those commies. Gordon Brown was the devil (albeit not really a leftie but New Labour but good enough)...and all the leftie media  including the BBC pushing stuff down our necks. 

I wonder how many leaders of the media really vote left....it’s either right wing or ‘reverse physiology’ leftie stuff. Either way it works and keeps that blue flag flying. 

At least the majority keep me in the manor to which I have become accustomed. 

The public get what the public wants. Appreciated. Now if the working class Tory voters can stop moaning and get back to work whilst i can enjoy the benefit of their work.😉

C988B8cVoAAU0ag?format=jpg&name=small

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

 

Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like it's the end of something, an era. 

 

Perhaps you have recognised that your children will be hard pushed to get a higher standard of living than you have had. I suspect parenthood was more fulfilling (and the future looking much more rosy to them) in previous generations when you could see your kids having a better life than you had. 
 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With regards to living standards, the last 75 years have been a blip in human history.  The Boomer generation think the way they live/have lived their lives is the historical norm........which of course it isn't.

Too many resources have been used up since WWII and now the games up, just as the boomer generation are checking out.

All good fun until the music stops..............that would be about now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.