Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Does it feel like the end to you?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, erat_forte said:

Is there a difference between "gender neutral" and "gender free"?

 

Are "gender free" toilets only for the use of gender free people?

Men and women use toilets differently, its not a simple question of splitting them 50/50.  Theres alway been an issue with women's toilets in the UK. In extreme situations women will join the mens queue.

Unisex toilets help get around that problem. Was also bit of a trend in nightclubs and bars for management reasons and it sounds like in offices too.

Not really meant to be a trigger for LW/RW snowflakes with identity issues.

Edit: Just to get it back on topic it could be end if we can't get our collective heads out of the toilet  :)

 

 

Edited by pig
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Just noticed this. I'll stay on topic don't worry about that. Please show everyone the post / posts of mine where I am being openly racist.

I guess a more general problem is that Encylopedia of Excrement you are perpetually desperate to cut and paste from. 

Trump would be toast a long time ago if a substantial part America weren't trapped in it. 

Perhaps that observation cuts too close to the bone - as some poor delirious and confused 'person' on the internet thinks the best move is to divert onto anti-semitic tropes instead ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggus said:

 Anti semitism seems to be associated more with the UK Labour party these days. Corbyn in particular.

Certainly has been (I mentioned this above). Anti-Semitism is found on the left but still attracts the far right, its traditional base.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

MODS, "Does it feel like end to you?"...yes it feels like the end of this thread can you lock it or tell the hijackers to stop please ?

I only joined this thread when it was a couple of days old, but going back to your OP, it does feel like a very open question, appealing as much to Jehovah Witnesses, Trump fanatics and those welcoming/fearing Brexit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ah-so said:

The value of shares were replaced with perpetual bonds at pretty low interest rate. Their value had dropped to almost nothing as of about ten years ago due to inflation. However the BOE bought them all back about ten years ago because interest rates had fallen so low they became relatively expensive. 

There is now no direct external financial interest in the BOE whatsoever. 

I never claimed 'direct external financial interests in the BoE'...  though I do suggest that it would be very difficult to demonstate no indirect influence of the aristocracy and/or oligarchy over the BoE.  Obviously, I recognise that this difficulty does not provide evidence for such influence.

The problem with arguing that the bonds used to pay for the BoE shares 'waaaay back then' had a relatively low value... and a relatively low interest rate... is that the bond-holders were free to take the payment an invest it any way they saw fit - in any assets at any time... over centuries.  We can't be sure what ultimate effects may have arisen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Open question. Will baby boomers be known in the history books as the most selfish generation ever....or not? Discuss 

Pros - technology... that's about it

Cons - they own most of the housing wealth due to changes in regulation and policies

Is it the end because RS is not targeting wealthy baby boomers.....or not? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ah-so said:

Certainly has been (I mentioned this above). Anti-Semitism is found on the left but still attracts the far right, its traditional base.

To be honest I think it's more to do with attracting the muslim vote and sympathy for Palestinians. I very much doubt Corbyn is really filled with hate. Hopefully it gives the Labour party a taste of being accused of hate and they stop flinging mud around.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biggus said:

To be honest I think it's more to do with attracting the muslim vote and sympathy for Palestinians. I very much doubt Corbyn is really filled with hate. Hopefully it gives the Labour party a taste of being accused of hate and they stop flinging mud around.

 

You're right. I think the two blur together to some extent because Palestine has a special place in the left's heart disproportionate to every other territorial conflict in the world. You will very rarely meet a Jew who is not in favour of Israel's right to exist, so the line between Zionism and Jewishness is blurred. 

There is also the close link with some of the excesses of capitalism and Jewish people - Goldman Sachs' most senior executives are always Jewish. Given the left's anti-capitalist leaning, the Jewish banker stereotype is easily fed by this one form alone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A.steve said:

I never claimed 'direct external financial interests in the BoE'...  though I do suggest that it would be very difficult to demonstate no indirect influence of the aristocracy and/or oligarchy over the BoE.  Obviously, I recognise that this difficulty does not provide evidence for such influence.

The problem with arguing that the bonds used to pay for the BoE shares 'waaaay back then' had a relatively low value... and a relatively low interest rate... is that the bond-holders were free to take the payment an invest it any way they saw fit - in any assets at any time... over centuries.  We can't be sure what ultimate effects may have arisen.

Point taken. Either way, the BOE was once a privately held bank that had shareholders, so hardly surprising that those shareholders were compensated when it was nationalised in 1946. 

But I was ultimately raising this whole point to call out Arpeggio and his racist tropes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

MODS, "Does it feel like end to you?"...yes it feels like the end of this thread can you lock it or tell the hijackers to stop please ?

Polarisation where people can reenforce their own beliefs.

A belief fake news is what the other guy is reading.

No compromise...no need because our own channel tells us what we need to read. 

Corbyn, Thatcher, Boris, Trump, Gordon, China, Muslims, anti Semitism and even shared sex toilets. Everyone opinion shared loudly, shared carelessly, shared in isolation without checks and balances.

The internet influencing real world actions and real world voting. Why do I need to listen to the other side when everyone I talk to reinforces my position. Riots, fighting, unhappiness and dissatisfaction.   

No my friend this isn’t the end.....but it is the beginning of the end. 

Signing off 😉

Edited by Pop321
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

Polarisation where people can reenforce their own beliefs.

A belief fake news is what the other guy is reading.

No compromise...no need because our own channel tells us what we need to read. 

Corbyn, Thatcher, Boris, Trump, Gordon, China, Muslims, anti Semitism and even shared sex toilets. Everyone opinion shared loudly, shared carelessly, shared in isolation without checks and balances.

The internet influencing real world actions and real world voting. Why do I need to listen to the other side when everyone I talk to reinforces my position. Riots, fighting, unhappiness and dissatisfaction.   

No my friend this isn’t the end.....but it is the beginning of the end. 

Signing off 😉

Is it the start or end of the beginning 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

MODS, "Does it feel like end to you?"...yes it feels like the end of this thread can you lock it or tell the hijackers to stop please ?

They're at it on a number of threads. Theres is some value in observing their pattern of posting (albeit only worth skimming the content!) not least because its relevant to your OP...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pop321 said:

Polarisation where people can reenforce their own beliefs.

A belief fake news is what the other guy is reading.

No compromise...no need because our own channel tells us what we need to read. 

Corbyn, Thatcher, Boris, Trump, Gordon, China, Muslims, anti Semitism and even shared sex toilets. Everyone opinion shared loudly, shared carelessly, shared in isolation without checks and balances.

The internet influencing real world actions and real world voting. Why do I need to listen to the other side when everyone I talk to reinforces my position. Riots, fighting, unhappiness and dissatisfaction.   

No my friend this isn’t the end.....but it is the beginning of the end. 

Signing off 😉

Chin up! Twas always thus - although there is a specific problem with SM.

Perhaps one way to look at the internet is as an immature gaggle of teenagers - and you're being a smart but miserable goth !

For a forum thats as Wild West as anywhere plenty of thoughtful posters of all persuasions listening even if not agreeing.

I for one would not bother if everybody here thought the same way I did...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, msi said:

There are about 6 'posters' spamming the threads with their bat sh*t crazy ideas on Tr*mp, C*vid, Br*xit, et all. 

you sound mad mate. 

I've said before that people are allowed to state their views same as you being allowed to state your views... 

Get over it that people might not agree with you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pop321 look at it this way - if people kick off and resort to shouting you down with what they think are insults then its because their world view has been challenged and they don't have a decent response.

There are also people in this world who when presented with something irrefutable don't want to believe their 'lying eyes' as they fundamentally want to find Neverland, they'll grab whatever tenuous strand gives them that belief. Pointing out the strand is tenuous just causes another round of recriminations.

SM has merely amplified these things not created them. Bigger audience and unlike publishing the veracity often goes unchecked.

Keep your chin up fella

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pig said:

They're at it on a number of threads. Theres is some value in observing their pattern of posting (albeit only worth skimming the content!) not least because its relevant to your OP...

Interesting you should say that, I just looked at the topic I created and it had been ruined by some posters with an agenda.

There are other forums/sub-forums for that, would be useful if the mods could at least as people to stop this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, msi said:

There are about 6 'posters' spamming the threads with their bat sh*t crazy ideas on Tr*mp, C*vid, Br*xit, et all. 

I have to say I agree that there are a set of posters posting total nonsense.  Unfortunately the name HPC probably attracts troubled minds.  There is another cohort who just want to argue and are not actually interested in facts.  I come one here as I want this place to provide the "shipping forecast" on houses.  The reality is you have to go through a lot of noise to get any useful posts.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Interesting you should say that, I just looked at the topic I created and it had been ruined by some posters with an agenda.

There are other forums/sub-forums for that, would be useful if the mods could at least as people to stop this.

Wonder if Mods can do a check against IP addreses or emails to filter out the sock puppets

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, satsuma said:

I have to say I agree that there are a set of posters posting total nonsense.  Unfortunately the name HPC probably attracts troubled minds.  There is another cohort who just want to argue and are not actually interested in facts.  I come one here as I want this place to provide the "shipping forecast" on houses.  The reality is you have to go through a lot of noise to get any useful posts.    

Ignoring the puppets helps filter out dross.  I view my block list once a week to see if any have redeemed themselves, but alas dogs want to lick their own vomit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.