House Price Crash Forum

Does it feel like the end to you?

Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like it's the end of something, an era. 

Maybe you can rationalise it better than me if you're feeling the same. 

End of the good times, end of Britain, end of freedom, end of the union, end of people accepting the actions of the elite, end of days. 

Am i making any sense? 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like it's the end of something, an era. 

End of the good times, end of Britain, end of freedom, end of the union, end of people accepting the actions of the elite, end of days. 

Am i making any sense? 

Sounds like you've come to the end of hope. 

7 minutes ago, Errol said:

Monetary system is ending.

Change is inevitable.

Whatever is coming i don't think it's going to be good for most of us. 

Uk needs change, maybe its time to take the pain ans rebuild. 

Worse case would be ww3. 

Best case would be economic collapse, regime change and investment in productive work. 

The uk clearly can't continue down the path it has. 

5 minutes ago, satsuma said:

I don’t think we will go back to working in an office and working ourselves to death.  

Tge country will become even more unproductive and collapses further? 

People will be back in offices when productivity collapses 

16 minutes ago, rollover said:

Where does something end and something else begin.

When the thing that was in the middle become nearer to the previous end than the next start, and  the next end is closer than the current beginning to the previous beginning.

1 minute ago, Huggy said:

When the thing that was in the middle become nearer to the previous end than the next start, and  the next end is closer than the current beginning to the previous beginning.

That's where we're at. 

Not saying it's the end of the housing bubble, maybe its the end of people ever having what their forefathers took for granted

Maybe its the end of God, hope, a future, equality.

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

That's where we're at. 

Not saying it's the end of the housing bubble, maybe its the end of people ever having what their forefathers took for granted

No that bit on bold happened in 1997.

Now is the beginning of a bright future when people can enjoy a long and happy life, with reasonably priced accomodation, energy to satisfy their needs and not destroy the planet, and healthy food to keep them sustained and happy for the rest of their long lives.

That's what the Chinese Embassy have told me what will happen soon and I can't find any evidence to the contrary.

3 minutes ago, Huggy said:

No that bit on bold happened in 1997.

Now is the beginning of a bright future when people can enjoy a long and happy life, with reasonably priced accomodation, energy to satisfy their needs and not destroy the planet, and healthy food to keep them sustained and happy for the rest of their long lives.

That's what the Chinese Embassy have told me what will happen soon and I can't find any evidence to the contrary.

How do you stop the coppers finding your cannabis farm? 

11 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

That's where we're at. 

It's the end of Donald Trump. 👍

2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

How do you stop the coppers finding your cannabis farm? 

Not sure. I have searched the internet and also phoned up 101 to check. Apparently they'll speak to me later

China is increasing its aggression towards Taiwan (now that Trump is out of the way)

Pakistan went into blackout a few days ago. Something to do with the sale of General Electric Jet Engine technology for F16 fighter jets to China apparently.

Italy is going through its biggest mafia trial in 30 years.

Darknet was taken down

22 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

It's the end of Donald Trump. 👍

Skynet will become fully aware in T minus 1 year 56 days at 01:30 hours. Zugzwang will reveal his true self as a cybernetic organism having traveled back in time (naked) to hunt down and kill John Conner.

Edited by Arpeggio
Just now, Arpeggio said:

China is increasing its aggression towards Taiwan (now that Trump is out of the way)

Pakistan went into blackout a few days ago. Something to do with the sale of General Electric Jet Engine technology for F16 fighter jets to China apparently.

Italy is going through its biggest mafia trial in 30 years.

Darknet was taken down

i.e. the usual shit.

4 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

I'll be back...

(After a mug of hot chocolate.) :)

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Am i making any sense? 

Why do you say that at this specific moment in time ? Have you felt like this before during previous highs and lows ? Can feelings be quantified though?

Curious as I'm useless at working these things out.

@TheCountOfNowhere

14 minutes ago, househunter123 said:

Why do you say that at this specific moment in time ? Have you felt like this before during previous highs and lows ? Can feelings be quantified though?

Curious as I'm useless at working these things out.

@TheCountOfNowhere

Just reading the news, looking at the markets, actions of the bankers, the politicians, brexit, lockdown, the anger, trump, the bbc (or lack thereof) climate change, population growth etc etc etc. 

First time in my existence that I've looked out tye window and thought #### this isn't going to continue much longer. 

My children hugged me today and i savoured it. We're going into some dark times i feel. 

I’ve felt many colleagues and friends have expressed similar sentiments about feeling as though 2020 rid them of their appetite for spending. The relentless bombardment of retailers with Christmas.. new year.. Easter... spend spend spend!!! Many people have been joking about not having anything to spent their money on and how Christmas was more restrained this year.

Lockdown also taught a lot of people about the value of good relationships and need for having a better home/work balance. Working from home has meant I can spent more time with the kids and help more in little ways like taking the wee one for a walk at lunchtime.

I hope people will care more for their friends and families. Savour times together and live a bit healthier. I think most people will experience at least a small shift toward that because 2020 showed us how meaningless life can be when social interaction is stripped back completely. 

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Only partially...I think Brexit is a big mistake, and will be negative overall for Britain: but it's hardly the end of "good times"; a mixture of good and bad things will continue, as usual.

The union will probably end - but that's inevitable: Scotland's independence is only a matter of time.

COVID will blow over - despite these lockdown it's not the "end of freedom" any more than WW2 curfews were a permanent end of freedom.  War/COVID ends, rules change back.

Alas I also don't think it's the end of people accepting the actions of the elite - I don't see any sign of that at all?  Not sure what you are seeing there.

2 hours ago, satsuma said:

I don’t think we will go back to working in an office and working ourselves to death.  

No - just carry on working at your kitchen table surrounded by your screaming kids and stressing yourself to death!

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

My children hugged me today and i savoured it. We're going into some dark times i feel. 

Honestly I think THESE are the dark times - a year into COVID, and just after Brexit.  But hugging your children is definitely to be savoured at all times, good and bad.