Does it feel like the end to you?

HOLA441
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, Staffsknot said:

Oh jesus come on telling a Black US senator to go back home isn't racist.

No hard evidence - its a permanent Tweet from him, he repeated on the campaign, which caused widespread cobdemnation even from Trresa 'God I need a deal don't offend anyone' May

Is saying "you ain't black if you vote for Trump" racist?

HOLA443
3 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

The trouble with a boat is it can't go from one side of a country to the other at short notice - which is what the maritime patrol aircraft do. Rapid response - Piper Alpha they were dropping life rafts too.

Maritime patrol aircraft are part of a suite of measures. 

As an engineer I'm sure you see tech as the solution, sadly it isn't so simple. Sometimes a low-tech solution of a 19 year old with the kit supplied by the second lowest bidder the MoD could find is.

Now far be it from me to stare we have a massive gap since Nimrod failed to be replaced but defer to RN and RAF stating the fact, Defence Select Committee, NATO and pretty much anyone who has looked at it.

Then the fact we officially asked for help from NATO when a Russian submarine entered UK waters and again when the Kirov class strike carrier did a run through the Channel.

I disagree, NATO countries are responsible for their areas, the UK would know well in advance of incoming Russian units, many days notice. 

HOLA444
Just now, Rachel88 said:

There are rapist, drug dealers, prostitutes in Mexico.

and Coyetes

A while ago I posted a video from Mexican authorities showing of a gang assassin getting his heart cut out and eaten while he was still alive.

There are all kinds out there. I've seen the clip of Trump in question and context is everything here.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
11 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

I disagree, NATO countries are responsible for their areas, the UK would know well in advance of incoming Russian units, many days notice. 

So now you are contradicting the RN, RAF, NATO and all the reports citing it as a major gap in our capabilities.

There are facts and then there's stuff you believe

HOLA4410
1 minute ago, Staffsknot said:

So now you are contradicting the RN, RAF, NATO and all the reports citing it as a major gap in our capabilities.

There are facts and then there's stuff you believe

I am not saying it is a major capability but it is a capability gap. NATO countries do hot handovers all the time. Technology has advanced since most of the reports were written. 

Its like saying we need more police on the streets and we don't because changes in the crimes committed. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
15 minutes ago, Rachel88 said:

Again desperate.

Manchester is a shithole. Is that racist. No.

There are rapist, drug dealers, prostitutes in Mexico.

None of these comments Trump has made are racist

And that's why you don't think he's a racist. The biggest racist trope - don't like it go back to where you come from - the you don't belong cack.

Rachel I am done because far from engaging in any meaningful way with any facts you are chucking out your own opinions and ignoring anything that might disagree with you.

If you want to see how that is racist go run it by your HR or a legal representative asking can you tell a S Asian or Black coworker to sod off back to their own country... you'd be fired or disciplined if you did it - must be racist then.

Just like your argument there's prostitutes in Mexico so its fine is like saying a waiter in Italy gave me the wrong change therefore all Italians are innumerate thieves - doesn't work like that in the real world because its patently ********. 

I think you already know this but are throwing it out as a defence cause there's not much else.

This thread has gone very Daily Mail so quite possibly the end @TheCountOfNowhere sensed was the end of sensible reasoned debate

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, Rachel88 said:

Look if Trump was racist, I would jump on the hate bandwagon but he's not.

Going back to my first point.

I think Trump did very well with the USA economy especially looking at a world view and comparison.

I think overall he was a very good president. 

Now they have Biden and Kamala, be interesting to see what they do. 

Cheer on Biden now lefties, stop clutching that hatred for Trump. 

Was he racist when he banned black people from buying his condos? 

You do know Biden is too the right of the Tories, don't you? 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
10 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

I am not saying it is a major capability but it is a capability gap. NATO countries do hot handovers all the time. Technology has advanced since most of the reports were written. 

Its like saying we need more police on the streets and we don't because changes in the crimes committed. 

Again your background in Naval and strategic defence planning is?

Not being insulting but the incidents and reports within last 2 years so no nothing like the police. The MoD are crap but its not just them.

I am mindful of the wonderful demonstration of technology vs practicalities of warfare from that wholesome family film Starship Troopers - wherein someone stating knives were irrelevant in a nuclear war, and the wiser Sgt nails his hand to a wall with said knife and states it is impossible to push a button with a knife in your hand. Now as a nice segway to our original convo - that books author was most definitely was a racist ( those insects were a symbol of N Korean people that he wanted exterminating)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
10 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

And that's why you don't think he's a racist. The biggest racist trope - don't like it go back to where you come from - the you don't belong cack.

Rachel I am done because far from engaging in any meaningful way with any facts you are chucking out your own opinions and ignoring anything that might disagree with you.

If you want to see how that is racist go run it by your HR or a legal representative asking can you tell a S Asian or Black coworker to sod off back to their own country... you'd be fired or disciplined if you did it - must be racist then.

Just like your argument there's prostitutes in Mexico so its fine is like saying a waiter in Italy gave me the wrong change therefore all Italians are innumerate thieves - doesn't work like that in the real world because its patently ********. 

I think you already know this but are throwing it out as a defence cause there's not much else.

This thread has gone very Daily Mail so quite possibly the end @TheCountOfNowhere sensed was the end of sensible reasoned debate

If you read your own quote it says "mostly" not "all".

And thanks for being done. 

I also haven't responded to the "go back to where you came from" quote as I cant find it anywhere on the internet. 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Again your background in Naval and strategic defence planning is?

Not being insulting but the incidents and reports within last 2 years so no nothing like the police. The MoD are crap but its not just them.

I am mindful of the wonderful demonstration of technology vs practicalities of warfare from that wholesome family film Starship Troopers - wherein someone stating knives were irrelevant in a nuclear war, and the wiser Sgt nails his hand to a wall with said knife and states it is impossible to push a button with a knife in your hand. Now as a nice segway to our original convo - that books author was most definitely was a racist ( those insects were a symbol of N Korean people that he wanted exterminating)

I do agree with you on the MOD being crap. The MoD going with the cheapest option but who is involved in the decision making? Civil servants with no practical experience sat at the desk. Never bottom up decision making. 

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, Rachel88 said:

If you read your own quote it says "mostly" not "all".

And thanks for being done. 

I also haven't responded to the "go back to where you came from" quote as I cant find it anywhere on the internet. 

Hahahahaha

Not looked then

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1029676

Two seconds and it was a massive story in 2019 causing condemnation from around the globe but yeah hard to find...

HOLA4423
On 14/01/2021 at 22:16, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Can't quite put my finger on it but it feels like it's the end of something, an era. 

Maybe you can rationalise it better than me if you're feeling the same. 

End of the good times, end of Britain, end of freedom, end of the union, end of people accepting the actions of the elite, end of days. 

Am i making any sense? 

Information technology.

Its simultaneously the beginning of "Age of Surveillance Capitalism" and of the merging of Social Media and the 'mainstream' - the Chinese wall betwee them has disappeared.

The effects might seem drastic, but like agriculture, guns or steel its the invention and those that have exploited it thats driven the effects

Some artefacts of this new world: corporate and foreign interests have access to the inside of your head. Trump and the current schism in the Republican Party exemplifying the death of your old world and all the unsolved problems of the new.

HOLA4424
15 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Did anyone say it did. Those groups like every other will contain people who voted for every candidate, odd that you seem to think this proves something.   

I would say again people of all ethnic backgrounds have voted for trump. Proven by the link uploaded.

Would you vote for a racist? 

Would you vote for a racist that abused your right to live somewhere peacefully? 

Would you vote for a racist that insulted your families ethnicity? 

My answer to all 3 is NO.

I would hope that anyone who did vote for someone who had been labelled a racist had made their own informed decision. 

HOLA4425
2 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

I do agree with you on the MOD being crap. The MoD going with the cheapest option but who is involved in the decision making? Civil servants with no practical experience sat at the desk. Never bottom up decision making. 

Actually lot of military and ex-military officers brought in as consultants or else in DEFRA. 

Again long standing trope its all civil servants. Nope its vanity project folk who wanted aircraft carriers then dithered over what requirements were. Ex admirals heavily involved in pushing it.