House Price Crash Forum

Property market will melt down without stamp duty extension, Sunak warned

18 hours ago, Martin_JD said:

What a peculiar thing to say.  It's as if you may be jealous of people who have a mortgage?  

To be fair, I think I see what he means....those people who are careful and prudent with their finances always seem to come off worst when compared with the those that are not, as the latter are bailed out by luck...I guess life isn't fair and all that.

12 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Whomever licks his backside becomes king.

Murdoch found out Tony B Liar was smashing up his Bangkok chickboy Mrs.

Being Cuckolded by him must take some getting over.

Edited by bubbleturbo

I've just STR, bought last house for 350k 2011, just exchanged for 640k. I'm based in South East on the coast but moving to The Lakes. Not expecting much in the way of falls next year. Ultimately unless interest rates rise (not going to happen) or credit dries up (unlikely as well) there will be no significant falls. I work for a SaaS company in East London and my salary remains unchanged by the move. I expect we'll buy again 12 months down the road. 

12 minutes ago, jabber said:

I've just STR, bought last house for 350k 2011, just exchanged for 640k. I'm based in South East on the coast but moving to The Lakes. Not expecting much in the way of falls next year. Ultimately unless interest rates rise (not going to happen) or credit dries up (unlikely as well) there will be no significant falls. I work for a SaaS company in East London and my salary remains unchanged by the move. I expect we'll buy again 12 months down the road. 

Give it a rest trolly.

10 minutes ago, jabber said:

I've just STR, bought last house for 350k 2011, just exchanged for 640k. I'm based in South East on the coast but moving to The Lakes. Not expecting much in the way of falls next year.

Ultimately unless interest rates rise (not going to happen) or credit dries up (unlikely as well) there will be no significant falls.

I work for a SaaS company in East London and my salary remains unchanged by the move. I expect we'll buy again 12 months down the road. 

Are any of these points of yours connected?

6 hours ago, HSvetz said:

To be fair, I think I see what he means....those people who are careful and prudent with their finances always seem to come off worst when compared with the those that are not, as the latter are bailed out by luck...I guess life isn't fair and all that.

People buying houses now or in the last few years are no more or less prudent those those waiting for a crash.  Ultimately, i would argue that it is more prudent to invest in a property to live in then to sit about waiting for this crash that's always around the corner but never seems to materialise.   

Edited by Martin_JD
edit
17 minutes ago, jabber said:

Congrats on exchanging, you've certainly made a tidy profit there.  Completely agree with your assessment BTW, unless interest rates suddenly blow up there will be no crash.

9 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

95k sigs on the petition so its certain to move to the next stage of consideration. This should at least get the government to confirm its intention either way and provide clarity.

laugh if it gets to 99,997

Expect daily press bleating from now on, then hourly if things dont move

I sold my property at the end of last year, I'm sort of a forced STR as the seller above me pulled out before exchange.

The whole system is a nightmare anyway, this SD deadline has made it even worse as people push on.

I'll be sitting this out for a while