House Price Crash Forum

4 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

"Rates Rising at Fastest Pace in Months"

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/consumer_rates/964663.aspx

If IRs and mortgage debt influence house prices...what will rates rising at fastest pace in months do ?

Noticing lots of alarming data starting to seep through re: mortgage bonds, etc. and suspect we'll see a very major correction re: asset values, including houses, imminently - although of course it will be "unexpected". 

1 hour ago, gruffydd said:

Noticing lots of alarming data starting to seep through re: mortgage bonds, etc. and suspect we'll see a very major correction re: asset values, including houses, imminently - although of course it will be "unexpected". 

Yep its all going to pot

Mortgage rates to rise mass redundancies crypto to go bust.

Gold and silver dropping.

Cash is king again.

Good luck debt slaves.

2 hours ago, longgone said:

Yep its all going to pot

Mortgage rates to rise mass redundancies crypto to go bust.

Gold and silver dropping.

Cash is king again.

Good luck debt slaves.

keep your eye on the bond yields regarding mortgage rates. lenders are saying they are increasing due to high demand (lstill lower demand from decade ago).........I think it has nothing to do with demand but risks in the other markets. 

6 hours ago, mrlegend123 said:

keep your eye on the bond yields regarding mortgage rates. lenders are saying they are increasing due to high demand (lstill lower demand from decade ago).........I think it has nothing to do with demand but risks in the other markets. 

i don't follow all this correlation stuff much but seeing as commercial shops and offices are way down on income its probably that. 

7 hours ago, gruffydd said:

I have little doubt that lifestyle / demographic shifts resulting from Covid will speed all this along rather nicely. 

i would love to see for myself but no one has pulled the curtain up for the main event to be shown. 

we have been stuck on the pearl and dean intro feature for the last 10 months. 

I didn't realise HSBC had a 'head of buying a home'? Great news for who - HSBC?!

"Michelle Andrews, HSBC UK's head of buying a home, said: "Home ownership dreams may have seemed even further away for many first-time buyers of late, but with more providers returning to 90% LTV (loan-to-value) mortgages, they may be closer to becoming a reality, which is great news."

31 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

I didn't realise HSBC had a 'head of buying a home'? Great news for who - HSBC?!

"Michelle Andrews, HSBC UK's head of buying a home, said: "Home ownership dreams may have seemed even further away for many first-time buyers of late, but with more providers returning to 90% LTV (loan-to-value) mortgages, they may be closer to becoming a reality, which is great news."

Probably to suck up to the govt, my guess