House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

11,600,000 Interested In New Employment

http://www.onrec.com/content2/news.asp?ID=10525

TipTopJob hit 3,600,000 searches in January

09/02/2006 10:08:00

The number of job searches that were made on TipTopJob throughout the month of January increased by a massive 2330% year on year (Jan ’05 to Jan ’06) and 1585% in 6 months. Jobseekers performed a total of 3,600,000 searches on TipTopJob in January.

Monster have just announced 8 million searches in January, so we are extremely happy to be almost half way towards their figures!

No. It shows that people are confident enough to look around to see if there's anything better out there. When things are bad, people don't change jobs: you lose all your LIFO benefits.

Edited by aussieboy

Disagree

Im looking because im feeling poorer and poorer ever mounth.

I am also looking because my boss has filtered down warnings about sales figures...

However, there are slim pickings on the job sites in my area of expertese, and the jobs seem to be at a similar salary level to my current salary, feels like there are less jobs out there. My cv is upto date and i am in a good position to move anywhere....

Edited by moosetea

I know the feeling I have been travelling 62 miles each way to and from work for the last 3 years and with rising fuel costs even after an inflation level pay rise im worse off than last year. Ive been looking for a while but theres not much about in my area not even much contracting work

Disagree

Im looking because im feeling poorer and poorer ever mounth.

I am also looking because my boss has filtered down warnings about sales figures...

However, there are slim pickings on the job sites in my area of expertese, and the jobs seem to be at a similar salary level to my current salary, feels like there are less jobs out there.

Most of my team are looking for new jobs, BECAUSE of the threat of redundancy which has been hanging over us for last 6 months. I work for a large insurance company.

Yeh! Anybody worried about there job security would be mad not to look around, if only to help making plans to deal with the situation when and if it arises.