House Price Crash Forum

https://www.bovishomes.co.uk/special-offers/mercia/mortgage-paid-winter

image.png.92305efbf51c7ea6b3f6018d6e1f9f30.png

Now, correct me if I  wrong but this is just the gifted deposit scam wrapped up in a new name ?

Weren't they banded ?

Also, it keeps the asking price up so can they collect on more Help to buy money ?

The housing market is one scam after another.

JUST DROP THE F**KING PRICES.

Interesting... does this 'offer' in any way help the buyer get a mortgage to purchase the house perhaps? If the price were lower instead the mortgage would be more affordable to the buyer and the income requirement would be lower enabling a larger number of people to buy the same property thus increasing the probability of a sale. Just reduce the price by £7,200 (£600 x 12)? Presumably they just don't want to reduce their prices. Is there some house price threshold that must be met for government scheme perhaps? You might deduce that they are more interested in keeping sale prices high rather than making a sale.

The same idea has been seen in the US rental market where one month of rent has been offered for free instead of lowering the price by 1/12 per month. It keeps the asking price inflated so when the implicit depression ends prices remain artificially high.

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

P.S.  This is a real sign that the housing market is collapsing, this is utter and total desperation and/or fraud.

I would normally have a ‘add’....but no, nothing to add. It’s a shocker 🤦🏻‍♂️

Okay, I would lean more to desperation rather than fraud....but won’t die in a ditch if challenged 😆😆

15 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Now, correct me if I  wrong but this is just the gifted deposit scam wrapped up in a new name ?

Weren't they banded ?

No as long as it is shown on the CML form as an incentive it is fine.

14 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

P.S.  This is a real sign that the housing market is collapsing, this is utter and total desperation and/or fraud.

This has been going on for a decade it is not new.