House Price Crash Forum

Motorhomes 'missing' after rental firm collapsed

First order thinking " this is complicated and clever and only a visionary like me can see it".

Second order thinking " this is ludicrously complicated and likely to end in disaster"

On 11/01/2021 at 11:15, spyguy said:

It is if hes been committing security fraud.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/04306649-unbeatablehire-limited

looks like hes been offloading campervans that had a loan attached to them ie he had no right to sell them. hes lived the highlife for years and his buisness was a ponzi. si yes i can see jail for him. the police might also look into his claims of motorhomes stolen without telling the police that they were stolen, very odd why would you do that surely they are insured, and then also the claims of them burnt down, surely once again this would be an insurance claim so no loss. And finally what happened to the money of the ones that were sold ? id say this guy is just waiting for the knock on the door from the fraud squad. 

whats interesting and why i posted it here us this was sold at property seminars, it was touted as a way to make money and get a 10% return. wirds fail me on how these guys get so many people believing the story and handing over large amounts of cash. its a bit like timeshare etc. allways loads of mugs believing a smooth talking narcissit on a get rich quick scam. 

1 hour ago, jimmy2x3 said:

looks like hes been offloading campervans that had a loan attached to them ie he had no right to sell them. hes lived the highlife for years and his buisness was a ponzi.

Either than or he'll be the next chancellor.

looks like hes been offloading campervans that had a loan attached to them ie he had no right to sell them. hes lived the highlife for years and his buisness was a ponzi. si yes i can see jail for him. the police might also look into his claims of motorhomes stolen without telling the police that they were stolen, very odd why would you do that surely they are insured, and then also the claims of them burnt down, surely once again this would be an insurance claim so no loss. And finally what happened to the money of the ones that were sold ? id say this guy is just waiting for the knock on the door from the fraud squad. 

My guess is that the motorhomes, or at least some of them, never existed.  

On 1/10/2021 at 9:25 PM, jimmy2x3 said:

And another smooth talking property seminar salesman. 

quote :  UnbeatableHire Limited's managing director, Andrew Hughes, appeared at a property investor show in 2011 to promote his company's investment scheme

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55546940

Seems to be a bit of an unfortunate fellow having suffered 2 seperate fire incidents during one year. 

20 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Seems to be a bit of an unfortunate fellow having suffered 2 seperate fire incidents during one year. 

aye i wonder if the police are looking into this. and the motorhome theft. i mean i could understand 2 or 3 thefts etc, but when your trying to justify the disapearance of 150 motorhomes a third of your stock bu saying they were nicked or set on fire its a hard one to swallow. 

5 hours ago, jimmy2x3 said:

aye i wonder if the police are looking into this. and the motorhome theft. i mean i could understand 2 or 3 thefts etc, but when your trying to justify the disapearance of 150 motorhomes a third of your stock bu saying they were nicked or set on fire its a hard one to swallow. 

I really do not like what you are inferring Andrew Hughes is an upstanding member of my.....golf club he regularly lets me wash his Sportscar when he arrives with a young hot tottie that he is helping.

Interesting. I bet hundreds of companies are running scams and schemes which wont show up till they have to go bust.  Sort of how the UK economy is run now, for the benefit of the bankers, city of London money laundering spivs, the landed gentry and their ground-rent estates, the house builders and their 'help to buy' bonus, their shared ownership scams, the lease hold scandals that are run like some medieval fiefdom, the offshored 'for tax purposes' companies, the treasury having a game of golf with the chairman of UK PLCs to work out a tax concession,    All more or less legalised criminal activity.   All costing 10x as much as the entire welfare bill.

On 13/01/2021 at 15:26, shlomo said:

Yes, shocking isn’t it that only the dodgy people make the big money 

I know or did know 3 people who became £$£Millionairs in thier 20's.  All of them did dogdy things to get started, not on par with this scam but enough to make a mega differrence.   One pilfered from his employer by writing down stock, then selling it in the local rag (pre ebay and internet), another ran a house of multiple occupancy but not legaly and got illegal immigrants to pay him a fortune (In Australia) The other one was an electrician that used to rip off customers, usually old grannies then invest in the Aus property market when it was cheap and rents paid mega dividends.   I also know 2 couples who are very rich now and both of them put it down to their own 'hard work' when they actually were either gifted or inherreted a house or flat from grand parents, in one case both partners in a couple did. They are all keen to point out how lazy everyone else is in comparison to themsleves, read the daily mail and vote tory. (related on wives side and I have little to do with them)

I remember an interview back in (IIRC) 2015 where Grant 'Status Quo' Shapps was explaining why he was rejecting calls for all liens against vehicles to be HPI searchable. In typical anarcho-libertarian speak he suggested that the market would sort out the problem. Glad to see that worked.

Also glad I've never been in the market for a motorhome.

On 14/01/2021 at 16:52, steve99 said:

I know or did know 3 people who became £$£Millionairs in thier 20's.  All of them did dogdy things to get started, not on par with this scam but enough to make a mega differrence.   One pilfered from his employer by writing down stock, then selling it in the local rag (pre ebay and internet), another ran a house of multiple occupancy but not legaly and got illegal immigrants to pay him a fortune (In Australia) The other one was an electrician that used to rip off customers, usually old grannies then invest in the Aus property market when it was cheap and rents paid mega dividends.   I also know 2 couples who are very rich now and both of them put it down to their own 'hard work' when they actually were either gifted or inherreted a house or flat from grand parents, in one case both partners in a couple did. They are all keen to point out how lazy everyone else is in comparison to themsleves, read the daily mail and vote tory. (related on wives side and I have little to do with them)

your 10 years out of date. the rich people vote labour nw, all the gravytrain council and government job workers, everyone of them labour supporters. and all i ever see is 1000s of celebrities and sports stars extoling the left wing anti brexit virtues all over the place. 

your 10 years out of date. the rich people vote labour nw, all the gravytrain council and government job workers, everyone of them labour supporters. and all i ever see is 1000s of celebrities and sports stars extoling the left wing anti brexit virtues all over the place. 

Some local authority schemes can appear to be very lucrative for the private sector:

https://thebristolian.net/2020/12/10/one-small-leap-for-bristol-one-giant-payday-for-the-private-sector/