House Price Crash Forum

Will Donald Trump go bust and go to prison?

You know Pelosi is talking about impeaching him again right now? It wouldn't surprise me if they killed him then went after his supporters. They have already been talking about this.

It wouldn't be the first assassination attempt on him! Even the independent covered this in 2016.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/us-election-2016-why-isn-t-assassination-attempt-donald-trump-bigger-news-a7095051.html

2 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

You know Pelosi is talking about impeaching him again right now? It wouldn't surprise me if they killed him then went after his supporters. They have already been talking about this.

Taking to the street is legitimate constitutional protest, not the same as touting trial by combat, very far short in fact.

2 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Taking to the street is legitimate constitutional protest, not the same as touting trial by combat, very far short in fact.

Arp has predicted almost everything wrong and it does not bother him.

5 minutes ago, HomeAlone2 said:

Since the world seems intent on throwing curve balls our way I wouldn't be surprised if instead he was hailed as the second comming of Jesus and he was given title of supreme overlord for this life and the next.

Or even bigger, made the new governer of the BoE with explicit remit to boost house prices.

Just now, Bob8 said:

Arp has predicted almost everything wrong and it does not bother him.

Pelosi is talking about impeaching him again now. The video I posted talks about putting a bullet in him and similar and there have been assassination attempts since 2016.

You can't argue with those, they are as above look them up. Based on those I said it wouldn't surprise me if once Trump has left he is arrested and executed. Saying "it wouldn't surprise me" is not a prediction.

The only thing I didn't mention in my last post was that shortly after the election the Democrats talked about making a "List" of Trump supporters

17 minutes ago, HomeAlone2 said:

Since the world seems intent on throwing curve balls our way I wouldn't be surprised if instead he was hailed as the second comming of Jesus and he was given title of supreme overlord for this life and the next.

😂😂

On 08/01/2021 at 20:52, Arpeggio said:

It wouldn't be the first assassination attempt on him! Even the independent covered this in 2016.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/us-election-2016-why-isn-t-assassination-attempt-donald-trump-bigger-news-a7095051.html

Being skinned alive then rolled in salt is another one.

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/nih-researcher-threatens-hawley/

After comparing Trump to a Nazi

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karenrobinsonjacobs/2020/09/26/biden-likens-trump-to-nazi-spin-minister-goebbels/?sh=f66a42a4b36c#39c926df4b36

Followed by the Republican Jewish Coalition demand that Biden apologize.

Biden is a healer you see.

Edited by Arpeggio
On 08/01/2021 at 13:11, Arpeggio said:

Pelosi is talking about impeaching him again now. The video I posted talks about putting a bullet in him and similar and there have been assassination attempts since 2016.

You can't argue with those, they are as above look them up. Based on those I said it wouldn't surprise me if once Trump has left he is arrested and executed. Saying "it wouldn't surprise me" is not a prediction.

The only thing I didn't mention in my last post was that shortly after the election the Democrats talked about making a "List" of Trump supporters

Conspiracy site tripe.  Yep they will look for everything to lock him up for, from tax fraud to 'grab em by the p**y' and he deserves it. Inciting rioting leading to death and destruction, by his own personal opinion of crime and punishment he deserves the electric chair. It will all be done by the courts, both state and federal if they have anything to pin on him.

17 minutes ago, steve99 said:

Conspiracy site tripe.  Yep they will look for everything to lock him up for, from tax fraud to 'grab em by the p**y' and he deserves it. Inciting rioting leading to death and destruction, by his own personal opinion of crime and punishment he deserves the electric chair. It will all be done by the courts, both state and federal if they have anything to pin on him.

He's such a pussy getting others to do his dirty work he will flee America.

32 minutes ago, steve99 said:

let s see what kind of pardon he grants himself first :D

I imagine a lot of people will come after him and take his wealth. 

However he obviously has a strong enough brand to start a media network which has been touted.

I imagine him being tied up in lawsuits for years to come.  I guess someone could try to kill him, who knows.

US risks enraging China by easing limits on Taiwan relations

Policy change could cause problems with Beijing for incoming Biden administration

https://www.ft.com/content/debd932f-48f7-4933-a596-a4663b442002

Mike Pompeo, US secretary of state, has lifted longstanding restrictions that limit US diplomatic relations with Taiwan, in a move that is likely to incense China days before the Biden administration takes power. Washington cut ties with Taiwan in 1979 in favour of those with China, which sees the self-governing and democratic country as its own territory.

While successive US administrations have loosened diplomatic restrictions and sold weapons to Taiwan, Mr Pompeo’s action goes further than any in the past.

“Today I am announcing that I am lifting all of these self-imposed restrictions,” Mr Pompeo said in a statement on Saturday. He added that government agencies should consider all such “contact guidelines” previously issued by the Department of State to be “null and void”.

Good,

Taiwan is a functioning democracy. China isnt.

Trump is still worthy of a Nobel peace prize for winkling the Norks out of their hermit kingdom.

But Evan Medeiros, a former Obama official who worked on US-China relations, described the decision as a “public relations stunt of the first order” that would inflame Beijing and harm relations with Taiwan.

Obama biggest mistake was not dealing with China. he could only fight so much of the Dem political machine, with its bent links to US crony business/ifinance.

Top rated comment:

As much as it's a political stunt on Pompeo's part I find it astounding that we're treating China as some sort of rebellious teen that everyone has to tip toe around so as not to enrage. 

How ridiculous is this:
While the US has no official diplomatic relations with Taiwan, contacts between the two are governed by an unpublished set of codes that limit where officials can meet and even how correspondence is conducted. 

And this:
China has condemned this week’s announcement that Kelly Craft, US ambassador to the UN, would visit Taiwan next week as “crazy provocation”.

So what if China is 'incensed'? 

The longer this silent acceptance to appease China continues, the more legitimacy you give to their demands and, in my opinion, the more likelihood you have of China acting on it. 

If indeed the West is so fearful of any reaction from China then in a way this would be the perfect time to make this announcement. With an outgoing administration China is far less likely to react in any meaningful way and will likely wait until the new administration is sworn in. By that time it won't be on the front pages anymore and unlikely China lashes out. But what's done is done, the goalposts have been moved and now those self imposed restrictions have been lifted, ready for the next set of goalposts. 

The last 4 years have been totally bizarre but one positive is that China is no longer moot. China should be discussed at every opportunity while considering every eventuality, including what the West would do in the event of any annexation attempt. 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:11 PM, Arpeggio said:

I think there have been plots to assassinate every President. Many get foiled before they can carry out the attempt and apparently security has improved. I don't think anyone has come close since Reagan. Other important figures have been targeted. There have been attempts to assassinate H Clinton and last week there was an attempt to hang Pence and probably others would have been at risk.

Impeachment is unlikely as it requires 67%, but Pelosi can't even rely on support from the Democrats. Some think it will be divisive to impeach and others may switch to Republican in order to gain leverage (Joe Manchin is thought to be considered). The same goes for prosecutions.

They said people should take note of who supported Trump so that they couldn't distance themselves from him. As an example of this, a lot of Republicans are trying to distance themselves from Trump over the past few days, having enthusiastically supported him and his lies for years.

18 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Being skinned alive then rolled in salt is another one.

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/nih-researcher-threatens-hawley/

After comparing Trump to a Nazi

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karenrobinsonjacobs/2020/09/26/biden-likens-trump-to-nazi-spin-minister-goebbels/?sh=f66a42a4b36c#39c926df4b36

Followed by the Republican Jewish Coalition demand that Biden apologize.

Biden is a healer you see.

Is it wrong to say someone deserves to be skinned alive, or are you saying it's unfair as others have been banned for similar tweets?

Was his comparison of Trump to Goebbels incorrect?

52 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

What could he do to prevent himself from leaving office?

Whatever it is, he will try it. His life depends on it.

Nuke China? That will work.

I might watch Crimson Tide tonight.

7 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

What could he do to prevent himself from leaving office?

Whatever it is, he will try it. His life depends on it.

Nuke China? That will work.

Probably apocryphal but I remember being told that the guy carrying the football has a side arm for the specific purpose of shooting the president if he goes nuts and tries to launch. 

6 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Probably apocryphal but I remember being told that the guy carrying the football has a side arm for the specific purpose of shooting the president if he goes nuts and tries to launch. 

Don't think that is true. From reading "The Button" I fear that he has sole launch authority with no real counters in place, the missiles cannot be destroyed or reprogrammed in flight. Once they fly, they fly.

There is the hope that people will belay the order, the problem is there is no authority that is permitted to do so and military selection weeds out the free thinkers.

At the same time, he is dumb but not that dumb. It's still a worry though.