House Price Crash Forum

Landlord and her husband pitch a tent in the backyard of their tenant's home on Christmas Day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9119945/Landlord-pitches-tent-Yamba-NSW-backyard-tenants-home-Christmas-Day.html?fbclid=IwAR1yHVL5S9LTFGAx7yL1oXlBt0eqcl_2UKq-yXrHvCT5fgGvw8VJVBMgvtw

A landlord and her husband have brazenly pitched a tent in the backyard of their tenant's home on Christmas Day and started living there.

Nicky and William and their three young children had been living in the rented home in Yamba on the New South Wales north coast for two months when their landlord Pascale Hubert suddenly informed them she would be moving onto the property.

'Dear Nicky and William, I am the owner. As of tonight I will be occupying the rear yard,' Ms Hubert messaged the couple. 

Ms Hubert says she is justified in taking over the back of the block as the tenants do not have access to the backyard under their $560-a-week lease agreement. 

The rental contract includes the phrase 'rear yard is not included'.

37694318-9119945-image-m-7_1609971938887

'Listen here, s*** for brains, I've given you a warning, move that frigging car now, you are in big s***,' he said in one video filmed by the tenants.