House Price Crash Forum

Thankfully asking prices fell in the last quarter of 2020, down -0.48% QoQ

Tragically in the middle of an economic collapse 
@RishiSunak's policies pushed up asking prices by +8.5% in a year!!!  

Save 3%, lose 8%, are people that thich ?

MoM prices fell -3%, hooray!!!

The regional data is more interesting and shows a divided market between North and South, see blow.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

To recap.

Oop North and Wales #HousePrices up

Darn Sarf #houseprices DOWN

Q1/Q2 2020 saw a surge in asking prices fueled by insanity, if not replicated in 2021 house prices will end the year 10% down.

Good news for those priced out of shelter. This insanity cant last forever

So basically, the closer your are to London the more prices are starting to fall.

The surprise for me was the east/west midlands are down YoY !!!

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm only here to tell it how it is and annoy my troll boy fans.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Locke said:

Cheers for the data and Happy New Year.

I think this has been asked before, but there is no analysis on the kinds of housing being sold, right?

I added some price range data but not really sure what it adds.

I could break it all down on a postcode basis but I was going to wait till I get a couple of years fuil post code data before I do that. ( the listing linked to post code was only added 15 months ago ).

Not sure if I'm reading this incorrectly, but how do you reconcile the national YoY increase of 8.5% with the regional YoY increases which are nowhere near this with the exception of the North East?

28 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

South East

!!!! down -1.61% MoM !!!!

!!!! down -5.24% QoQ !!!!

!!!! down -2.66% YoY !!!!

How are you calculating these stats?  They seem way off compared to other metrics i've seen.

3 minutes ago, 12345 said:

Not sure if I'm reading this incorrectly, but how do you reconcile the national YoY increase of 8.5% with the regional YoY increases which are nowhere near this with the exception of the North East?

I was also trying to work this out - especially for the South East?

9 minutes ago, 12345 said:

London skews everything and all the houses oop north seem to have either sold or delisted, London, everything's still up for sale.

for example, London has approx 70000 listings at 862K average, North east has 15000 at 204K.  Listings in london have surged this year 30% up which has pushed the index up.

Any change in london has a dramatic effect on the average price, was ever thus.

The regional figures a better guide and we'll eventually do a postcode grouping figure, unless prices collapse by then :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Martin_JD said:

How are you calculating these stats?  They seem way off compared to other metrics i've seen.

Current asking prices, it's pretty explanatory.

It's pretty spot on compare to the other metrics saying prices have gone up 7%

Not sure what metric you're talking about but we are all ears.

As I said, dont shoot the messenger.  These are just raw, unbiased, adjusted, trustworthy figures.

If you are in possession of the actual facts rather than the marketing facts it'll help you make an informed decision.