House Price Crash Forum

The FTSE is UP first thing this morning. Welcome to a parallel universe.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

?

Screenshot_20210105-081525.png

Whats actually changed?? 

If you were most affected like a pub chain you have been shut for weeks anyway.. So expectation was March? No change. 

Other end of the scale if you are Tesco nothing has changed in the restrictions. 

I'm not surprised markets are flattish.. This was all expected I would have thought. Or at least has been signposted for weeks. 

Doesn't surprise me. Businesses are still doing business, people are still going to work. Stuff is getting made, people still consume.

Lockdowns, as far as I can tell, are really just about a cessation of the leisure industry, and the closure of schools.

Doesn't surprise me. Businesses are still doing business, people are still going to work. Stuff is getting made, people still consume.

Lockdowns, as far as I can tell, are really just about a cessation of the leisure industry, and the closure of schools.

Yes - I am as busy as fk :) 

Whats actually changed?? 

If you were most affected like a pub chain you have been shut for weeks anyway.. So expectation was March? No change. 

Other end of the scale if you are Tesco nothing has changed in the restrictions. 

I'm not surprised markets are flattish.. This was all expected I would have thought. Or at least has been signposted for weeks. 

Exactly.  The fact that Boris was making an announcement was known before markets closed yesterday, and the fact it was a new lockdown surprised no-one.  Nothing significant has happened since 4pm yesterday to move markets significantly.

Well yeah. Also perhaps, with lockdown, a view to covid being solved.

Yes, share prices tend to look to the year ahead. The vaccine rollout is far more relevant than the latest lockdown. If the shares I buy today will be worth 50% more in 6 months, plus a 8% dividend is incoming,  then why not?

Most of the affected companies fell 5-8% yesterday. What hid it in the FTSE100 was a takeover bid rising two companies 30% and 10%. Commodities also went up, 'cos China is fine.

FTSE isnt the economy...but still a surprise until Sunak released the news that this lot seemed to already know.

Richey tipped off his old mates at Goldmans and the rest of the market took a lead from them.

NS&I IRs are 0.

Savings rates are 0.

People are selling their BTLs.

Where do you think the money is going to go ?

BITCOIN...................................................................****** Yeah. 

I think the £ dropped vs $, due to Boris's economic vandalism.

Thus making internationally focused firms more attractive.

But yes, this feels like peak madness...but no doubt it can get worse.