House Price Crash Forum
blondebier

Lewes, East Sussex

I've been keeping an eye on the local market for a while now. This week I noticed a fair few reductions. Maybe they're getting the message...

Here are some examples:

Castle Ditch Lane - Initially they wanted £240k. Then reduced to £225k and now £218k...

Spences Lane - Initially they wanted £195k, now being auctioned for circa £170k (Apparently it's not a repo and there's nothing wrong with it - according to Fox and Sons)

Box House - It's still on with another agent for £177k and has now been reduced to £170k (I still think they're kidding themselves...)

Bring it on...

I've been keeping an eye on the local market for a while now. This week I noticed a fair few reductions. Maybe they're getting the message...

Here are some examples:

Castle Ditch Lane - Initially they wanted £240k. Then reduced to £225k and now £218k...

Spences Lane - Initially they wanted £195k, now being auctioned for circa £170k (Apparently it's not a repo and there's nothing wrong with it - according to Fox and Sons)

Box House - It's still on with another agent for £177k and has now been reduced to £170k (I still think they're kidding themselves...)

Bring it on...

Do you know anything about South Street? It floods there doesn't it?

Do you know anything about South Street? It floods there doesn't it?

Most of the Cliffe area flooded in 2000. I would recommend you get some insurance quotes before making any offers. We looked at a place a Southcliffe and nearly made an offer. Some companies wouldn't even consider it and the those that did - the premiums were shocking...

Jus thought I'd give an update on this one...

It didn't even make £170k - Sold for £165k!

In September I was gobsmacked when the EA [Wycherley] who was valuing our house in Pells for the landlord, said we were sensible renting till prices fall, said they'd dropped about 10% over the year

In September I was gobsmacked when the EA [Wycherley] who was valuing our house in Pells for the landlord, said we were sensible renting till prices fall, said they'd dropped about 10% over the year

Very interesting. I've heard a lot of anecdotes about price falls in Lewes - still, it has a long way to go until it is anywhere close to reasonable!

Very interesting. I've heard a lot of anecdotes about price falls in Lewes - still, it has a long way to go until it is anywhere close to reasonable!

I also rent in Lewes. I will probably end up moving back to Brighton due to the plain fact that Lewes has allways been ridicoulosly expensive, HPC or not.

I think that the only chance of buying here when they do drop a little is if you have a £40K salary.