House Price Crash Forum

Sex for rent Landlords preying on the vulnerable

This doesn't surprise me, but I guess the COVID hysteria has left tenants hard up making them easy prey.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9105215/Preyed-sex-rent-landlords-Men-touting-rooms-exchange-sexual-favours.html

Another hugely negative outcome of lockdown. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.yourtango.com/200916214/how-become-kept-woman

By now you're probably familiar with the idea that there exists a special kinship between rich men and attractive women. In fact, there appears to be a preternatural attraction between wealthy, older fellows and jaunty, nubile broads.

This weekend's New York Times Magazine explores the interweb destination SeekingArrangement.com. The site's raisin d-tree (it's Latin, or so I heard through the grapevine) is to provide a safe place for PYTs* to shake their little behinds for the moneyed menfolk (per the Times article, one quarter of the people on the site are trolling for dudes and about one percent of the 'sugar daddies' are actually ladies**). While you can probably easily imagine what goes down between the users of the site (gold diggers digging gold, wealthy men making it rain, etc), the Times piece seeks to answer the most journalistic question: why

kept-woman.jpg?itok=M3Srobwx

Inevitable outcome of policy.  HPI so desired by policy makers is about shifting power between groups. Imbalances in power between groups results in exactly this.

Much safer to rent to tenant, then use proceeds to buy different woman.

So why take the risk? To avoid paying tax on rental income!

They're forgetting women these days demand double payment. Now up front. And later when they sue you as victims.

It isn't something I would consider, from either perspective... but...

I do wonder...

Where can one draw the line?  Is any relationship where one party is attracted to the wealth of another (rather than any other reason for attraction) to be forbidden?  How can anyone ever judge the edge cases?  What proportion of chat-up lines do we need to outlaw?  Must any individual hoping to spend time with another under one roof charge rent? Will no-one be able to legally invite someone else to stay with them without formalising a rental agreement?

What proportion of people do we think would fall foul if we took this principle and ran with it?

It isn't something I would consider, from either perspective... but...

I do wonder...

Where can one draw the line?  Is any relationship where one party is attracted to the wealth of another (rather than any other reason for attraction) to be forbidden?  How can anyone ever judge the edge cases?  What proportion of chat-up lines do we need to outlaw?  Must any individual hoping to spend time with another under one roof charge rent? Will no-one be able to legally invite someone else to stay with them without formalising a rental agreement?

What proportion of people do we think would fall foul if we took this principle and ran with it?

Its an odd one. 

Personally I find the whole sugar daddy thing repulsive, as its older people targeting young fully knowing what seems like a good idea aged 18 rarely is in hindsight, but that seems to be legal. 

On this it's not sex for a nice meal or clothes but sex for a necessity which gives it a further darker tone. 

Not that taking advantage is new. Saw a documentary a while back saying 80% of young homeless men in London had been used as prostitutes. When you are desperate there are people waiting. 

Its an odd one.

I completely, and wholeheartedly, agree.

I also agree about it being darker when one party feels it is a necessity.  However... perhaps I'm just an uncompassionate person... but I think the number of circumstances where such a feeling is an accurate reflection of reality are few and far between.  I think there are always alternative choices (even when people tell you that there are none... this usually just means that they've discounted the other options already.)  In this context, if someone decides that every alternative is worse, why are we fixating on this particular unpleasant thing... when the avoided options (from a the perspective of the victim) were a much greater problem?

With this sort of story, I get the impression that we're pursuing the ugly symptoms of social problems - and we're igoring the genuine causes.  I don't doubt that the perpetrators in the story happen to be vile people... but it's much harder to objectively justify where they crossed the line from just being unpleasant people to being criminals.

Posted (edited)

https://www.yourtango.com/200916214/how-become-kept-woman

By now you're probably familiar with the idea that there exists a special kinship between rich men and attractive women. In fact, there appears to be a preternatural attraction between wealthy, older fellows and jaunty, nubile broads.

This weekend's New York Times Magazine explores the interweb destination SeekingArrangement.com. The site's raisin d-tree (it's Latin, or so I heard through the grapevine) is to provide a safe place for PYTs* to shake their little behinds for the moneyed menfolk (per the Times article, one quarter of the people on the site are trolling for dudes and about one percent of the 'sugar daddies' are actually ladies**). While you can probably easily imagine what goes down between the users of the site (gold diggers digging gold, wealthy men making it rain, etc), the Times piece seeks to answer the most journalistic question: why

kept-woman.jpg?itok=M3Srobwx

That photo kind of reminds me of this film clip:

2717CEF5-BA76-427B-9F79-651729FFB621.jpeg

Just needs the guy in the Guy Fawkes Mask to turn up!

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

My wife's and my family histories have many obvious "marriages of economic necessity", granddaughters living with aged grandparents and in my wife's Norwegian ancestry children from families too poor to support them placed with other local families that could use some help around the farm "Legdslem". 

Why would a clever, pretty young woman want to have a family with a selfish, preening, penniless young man?  The woman has probably dated a bit and had heartache.  She sees an intelligent, mature, caring millionaire who accepts her, warts and all.  There is no contest to be honest.  As for the likes of Trump, I suppose when your a billionaire the equation is different.  But what people don’t talk about is the opportunities his Wife gets out of the relationship.   There will always be women who marry for money, it’s just thee days the lefties can’t stand the idea of a women not having the power in every situation.  

Much safer to rent to tenant, then use proceeds to buy different woman.

So why take the risk? To avoid paying tax on rental income!

They're forgetting women these days demand double payment. Now up front. And later when they sue you as victims.

Surely you could still have to pay tax on payment in kind?

Having ready this thread earlier it jumped back into my mind when I read this article which claims that the Dutch government are allowing driving instructors to teach lessons in return for sex. 

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/driving-instructors-may-offer-lessons-154439144.html

The government in the Netherlands has clarified that it is legal for driving instructors to offer lessons in return for sex, as long as the students are over the age of 18.

However, it is illegal to offer sex in return for lessons.