House Price Crash Forum

Every investable or speculative asset has gone mental in the last year?

people bought XRP beacuse it was supposed to be "the banker's choice" of global digital currency.

there is still a plan for a "bankers choice of global digital currency",,which will negate bitcoin,and very

In fact its R3's Corda that will be the banking worlds blockchain. Real world assets in a blockchain.

Tesla shares. Up 700%

Crypto. Up 400%

Both cultish Ponzi schemes.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In terms of the stock market, I think the Internet and peoples education has been a factor in the recovery of some indices. A lot of people I know who have no experience of investing in shares opened up ISAs and started buying the likes of BT and Lloyds as they were tanking.

The main reasoning they had was this was the best time to buy and to be honest if you stuck to blue chip stocks, you would have had to have been unlucky not to have made money in 2020. 

In terms of the stock market, I think the Internet and peoples education has been a factor in the recovery of some indices. A lot of people I know who have no experience of investing in shares opened up ISAs and started buying the likes of BT and Lloyds as they were tanking.

The main reasoning they had was this was the best time to buy and to be honest if you stuck to blue chip stocks, you would have had to have been unlucky not to have made money in 2020. 

I was going to open a share isa in March and dump 20k into the ftse.

Never happened

I was going to open a share isa in March and dump 20k into the ftse.

Never happened

I know lots of people who piled in, one of my colleagues even transferred one of his pension pots to a SIPP as he thought he could ride the coming bull market. I also had many family and friends who were asking me about ISAs etc and investment advice on which shares to go for.

FTSE 100 is still below the peak from pre covid so there is still opportunity to get into some shares if you want. I've personally been limited by the 20k threshold this year but I'll be piling in again in April.

I know lots of people who piled in, one of my colleagues even transferred one of his pension pots to a SIPP as he thought he could ride the coming bull market. I also had many family and friends who were asking me about ISAs etc and investment advice on which shares to go for.

FTSE 100 is still below the peak from pre covid so there is still opportunity to get into some shares if you want. I've personally been limited by the 20k threshold this year but I'll be piling in again in April.

My SIPP is up 50% in 2020 (it's six figures GBP). Was a great year for some major investments to come good. Didn't add a penny, just did some reallocating after March lows. None where UK based, those where mostly sold in November. 

No, one is a forward thinking automative manufacturer, while the other is a cryptographic decentralised peer-to-peer payment system.

Telsa's share price is based on belief in a cult, not reality.

How does this payment system work, given that nobody is using it years after it was created. 

My SIPP is up 50% (£100k) since Jan 31 2020. Unlike Bitcoin there is no chance of losing 95% in a week.

Impressive - which forums etc. do you get fund advice from?

Don’t buy Funds. I just make my own decisions based on what i believe will do well long term, buy and hold. 4 long term holdings areas came good in 2020 , one from 2010, one from 2016, one from 2018. 

Gold And Gold Miners

Tesla and other EV linked stocks

Crypto ETN’s (sadly banned now for average joe) 

My SIPP only up 15% this year but then it is still 7 figures ;) Makes me laugh some of the bragging on this forum. 

Why are people bragging about their 7 figure SIPP on a forum called Housepricecrash.com ? Shouldn't this site just be renamed investmentbrag.com ?

My SIPP only up 15% this year but then it is still 7 figures ;) Makes me laugh some of the bragging on this forum. 

So no lifetime limit worries for you then, well done. I'm aiming to keep just under the limit, although if pots continue to rise as they have been...

Why are people bragging about their 7 figure SIPP on a forum called Housepricecrash.com ? Shouldn't this site just be renamed investmentbrag.com ?

Was more just a dig at the like of markyh. He thinks he’s billy big ******** because he has a few bitcoin and Tesla shares and lives in a £600k house. I find his bragging quite funny. In fairness he has got big balls holding Tesla at $700 a share and not cashing in before they crash. 

Was more just a dig at the like of markyh. He thinks he’s billy big ******** because he has a few bitcoin and Tesla shares and lives in a £600k house. I find his bragging quite funny. In fairness he has got big balls holding Tesla at $700 a share and not cashing in before they crash. 

I dont think i'm billy big ********, but i do believe in myself and plenty here have listened to others made wrong choices and created their own misery. There is always a bigger fish. Billionaires at the top of the world pile in the 90's are now minnows, with the likes of Bezos and Musk at the top of the pile. 

I just dont lie. Still remember sharing a tin bath filled from a pot on the stove with my sister, after dad had his bath. In the middle of the lounge by the open fire. no plaster on the bare brick walls. 1972 , a small boy. 

You never forget, so you know when you are doing much better than a lot of people. 50 Houses in my private estate, 4 big buggers, all detached, at the end of the road, overlooking all the others. I own one. so i have 3 equals there. 

So no lifetime limit worries for you then, well done. I'm aiming to keep just under the limit, although if pots continue to rise as they have been...

I dont think i'm billy big ********, but i do believe in myself and plenty here have listened to others made wrong choices and created their own misery. There is always a bigger fish. Billionaires at the top of the world pile in the 90's are now minnows, with the likes of Bezos and Musk at the top of the pile. 

I just dont lie. Still remember sharing a tin bath filled from a pot on the stove with my sister, after dad had his bath. In the middle of the lounge by the open fire. no plaster on the bare brick walls. 1972 , a small boy. 

You never forget, so you know when you are doing much better than a lot of people. 50 Houses in my private estate, 4 big buggers, all detached, at the end of the road, overlooking all the others. I own one. so i have 3 equals there. 

Lol.. Basically boomers.. If you haven't made at least a million being born 50+ years ago there's something wrong with you; It doesn't mean you're clever. It's called riding a very easy wave given the way assets have grown.. 

Edited by Money Frugality

Lol.. Basically boomers.. If you haven't made at least a million being born 50+ years ago there's something wrong with you; It doesn't mean you're clever. It's called riding a very easy wave given the way assets have grown.. 

How dare you, my dad is a Boomer. Gen X for the win. 

I’m also ten years+ younger than a boomer. Fifteen years too late actually after googling the boomer years. 

Impressive - which forums etc. do you get fund advice from?

Pick a share that has fallen a lot and will soon recover, in my case Rolls Royce and a few others. Most of the banks are well down still, as is Oil. I did make a good win on Synairgen which was high risk. Lithium miners  (EMH, Zinnwald, SYN) are look very hot now, up 50% or more on them.

Fact is anyone could have made a good rise this year, its been remarkably easy.

My funds, Fundsmith and Lindsell train and been disappointing

Toyota are stuck selling cars that are being banned from new sale everywhere but Africa in 10 years. They dont have a single BEV model on the market. They will go bust trying to fudge the transition. 

Overlooking the fact that Toyota ( i think) developed the first mass market hybrid - the Prius. Toyota has significant experience in battery tech but currently lacks the capacity. They produce 1.5M hybrids per year and are a Japanese company; Japan has some of the most stringent air quality laws in the world. 

They've got 10 years to move from hybrid to eclectic. Let someone else suck up the costs (Tesla and her investors) of how it'll work and then replicate. I'm not even betting on Toyota I'm merely pointing out that Tesla is a long, long, long way from getting close to a scale where it'll justify it's extraordinary valuation and it doesn't have a monopoly on BEVs. 

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/electric-cars/86169/best-electric-cars-buy-20202021

This is with car companies having ten years left before they need to switch to pure leccy and already Tesla is becoming an expensive niche product but not the fastest, nor the best performance, nor the best range. I'm willing to bet VAG sell more BEV in five years than Tesla. 

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/electric/volkswagen/

Tesla is done. At the very best they strip out the tech part of their business (which isn't building crap plastic cars with serious reliability and snagging problems) and OEM their battery, drive train and self driving tech. 

The current valuation is an indication that Tesla will make massive profits and to do that they'll need to get costs way down and still sell about four times as many cars as Toyota (assuming similar margins). Wont happen. 

You could say the same about the current generation. 

Bitcoin on a plate. I could understand the old boomer gits not getting onboard but millenials? They had their bubble chance to get super rich, but most blew it. Good luck to those that are now millionaires off the back of it! 

You forget the Special Boomers Edition of 'The Intelligent Investor' which they live by, holding a single chapter, that explains how to understand cash ISA comparison tables, with an appendix on how to discuss this loudly at dinner parties and use the % sign on a calculator.