Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Every investable or speculative asset has gone mental in the last year?


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, markyh said:

We’ve covered this. Keep up. As ICE go bust 2026 onwards Tesla buy up “brands” for regional sales. Tesla chassis and drivetrain. Regional design bodyshell. Most likely BMW, Honda, Ford, FIAT. 

Only in your imagination, Benito. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, robmatic said:

 

Wow, 2.5m is something like 3% of global annual vehicle sales. Game over indeed. 

Target is 20m p/a production by 2030. It wont just stop at 2.5m.  New Gigafactory's, existing ones will be expanded. 

Tesla have not missed a Target yet, they said in 2014 they would achieve 500k p/a production in 2020, and they did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markyh said:

Target is 20m p/a production by 2030. It wont just stop at 2.5m.  New Gigafactory's, existing ones will be expanded. 

Tesla have not missed a Target yet, they said in 2014 they would achieve 500k p/a production in 2020, and they did. 

So, all Tesla have to do is make the cars and everyone will buy them? thats your plan?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, markyh said:

Target is 20m p/a production by 2030. It wont just stop at 2.5m.  New Gigafactory's, existing ones will be expanded. 

Tesla have not missed a Target yet, they said in 2014 they would achieve 500k p/a production in 2020, and they did. 

TSLA is nothing but a meme stock, pumped by Musk loving fan Bois. There is no decent explanation on why it is valued at 700 billion. Even if it’s the only car company in the entire world, it cannot be worth that. There will be a trigger, soon, when this stock will crash and burn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gerkin said:

TSLA is nothing but a meme stock, pumped by Musk loving fan Bois. There is no decent explanation on why it is valued at 700 billion. Even if it’s the only car company in the entire world, it cannot be worth that. There will be a trigger, soon, when this stock will crash and burn.

my fund manager has reduced their stake in tesla massively. investors must be mad to invest now, I am guessing they are retail with FOMO.

tesla mad P/E 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gerkin said:

TSLA is nothing but a meme stock, pumped by Musk loving fan Bois. There is no decent explanation on why it is valued at 700 billion. Even if it’s the only car company in the entire world, it cannot be worth that. There will be a trigger, soon, when this stock will crash and burn.

Tesla isn’t a car company, cars is just one of their many products. 100% margins in the sale of Autonomy software for “any vehicle” worldwide, that has the hardware added. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, markyh said:

Tesla isn’t a car company, cars is just one of their many products. 100% margins in the sale of Autonomy software for “any vehicle” worldwide, that has the hardware added. 

Total income outside of selling its cars is what? 2%?

Nobody licences and pays for any of its car technology does it?

Every other older car manufacture has obtained the EV platform for its future vehicles for the next 20 years and none of them have chosen Tesla.

Through partnerships and supply arrangements they share development cost, thereby allowing higher margins on do-everything Tesla. Historically this has been the crucial aspect of profitable car manufacture, and why hundreds of car names have died.

Designing an electric is significantly cheaper and easier than an ICE, hence the explosion of new EV companies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Total income outside of selling its cars is what? 2%?

Nobody licences and pays for any of its car technology does it?

Every other older car manufacture has obtained the EV platform for its future vehicles for the next 20 years and none of them have chosen Tesla.

Through partnerships and supply arrangements they share development cost, thereby allowing higher margins on do-everything Tesla. Historically this has been the crucial aspect of profitable car manufacture, and why hundreds of car names have died.

Designing an electric is significantly cheaper and easier than an ICE, hence the explosion of new EV companies.

Tesla are not a car company, Tesla has not legacy ice to transition out of  / write off.  Tesla price is based on its expected future sales of ALL products, cars will not be the largest % once it is a mature company, in 20 years time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markyh said:

Tesla are not a car company, Tesla has not legacy ice to transition out of  / write off.  Tesla price is based on its expected future sales of ALL products, cars will not be the largest % once it is a mature company, in 20 years time. 

Yes, magic helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

If not seen, from 17:00.  Competitive advantage. Battery, chip (3 years ahead) and data.

@markyh So the aim is to have an autonomous taxi network platform?  

 

Yep. Where Tesla dont own the cars, customers do, and tesla take a 25% cut from all fares and run the network. customers keep 75% of the fare, and buy the cars/software/ maintain / insure the cars (via Tesla own Insurance Division, just for Tesla owners). I plan to own 2-3 Robotaxi's as part of my wealth portfolio, and start a local company employing out of work taxi drivers as robotaxi cleaners on minimum wage, cleaning my fleet and other local owners cars too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, markyh said:

Yep. Where Tesla dont own the cars, customers do, and tesla take a 25% cut from all fares and run the network. customers keep 75% of the fare, and buy the cars/software/ maintain / insure the cars (via Tesla own Insurance Division, just for Tesla owners). I plan to own 2-3 Robotaxi's as part of my wealth portfolio, and start a local company employing out of work taxi drivers as robotaxi cleaners on minimum wage, cleaning my fleet and other local owners cars too. 

tesla will retain some sort of passive income as part of the business model. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrlegend123 said:

tesla will retain some sort of passive income as part of the business model. 

I said that. they will keep about 25% of every fare from every tesla Robotaxi.  So hypotheticals. 

You buy a Tesla Model 3 Robotaxi , long range with a million mile lifespan battery and full Autopilot. £50k 

You pay for it over 10 years.   £417 pcm + interest + running costs.  

You take £1350 in Robotaxi fares.  Tesla keeps 25% (£350) , you keep £1000.    Say all in your monthly running costs are £750 , car payments, insurance, cleaning, maintenance, electricity. 

You make £250 net profit per month per car.  If the car still runs well after 10 years, now you are making £1000 pcm profit per car. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, markyh said:

Yep. Where Tesla dont own the cars, customers do, and tesla take a 25% cut from all fares and run the network. customers keep 75% of the fare, and buy the cars/software/ maintain / insure the cars (via Tesla own Insurance Division, just for Tesla owners). I plan to own 2-3 Robotaxi's as part of my wealth portfolio, and start a local company employing out of work taxi drivers as robotaxi cleaners on minimum wage, cleaning my fleet and other local owners cars too. 

Ahead of the game.  Having listened to the interview, I now have a better understanding of why Tesla's share price has increased.  I had thought the business was purely about  making cars! Doh!

6 hours ago, markyh said:

I said that. they will keep about 25% of every fare from every tesla Robotaxi.  So hypotheticals. 

You buy a Tesla Model 3 Robotaxi , long range with a million mile lifespan battery and full Autopilot. £50k 

You pay for it over 10 years.   £417 pcm + interest + running costs.  

You take £1350 in Robotaxi fares.  Tesla keeps 25% (£350) , you keep £1000.    Say all in your monthly running costs are £750 , car payments, insurance, cleaning, maintenance, electricity. 

You make £250 net profit per month per car.  If the car still runs well after 10 years, now you are making £1000 pcm profit per car. 

Cathie Wood is an Elon Musk fan and as she said in the interview, when Elon talks, she listens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.