House Price Crash Forum

Every investable or speculative asset has gone mental in the last year?

Si1

HOLA441
11 minutes ago, markyh said:

Oh dear. last 2 days not been kind to you eh, new Telsa ATH, trading over $800. Up over $70 a share. Feeling the margin calls yet?  bung another £2k into the account to cover, i'm sure this will come good one day. 

There is no margin call, Its a share I bought at 155, sold at 170. Bought again at 152 and its currently at 118.

When it hits 0 its gone.

I'll let it ride, as I said its a small bet I'm pretty certain to lose. My portfolio is up 11k in two days anyway so its a small loss.

Tesla share is not a normal share, its a cult. I can see the logic - give tesla lots of cash to win the electric car game. Won't work.

Tesla down to 8.6% of German 2020 market .

https://www.electrive.com/2021/01/07/germany-records-43000-new-bev-registrations-in-december/

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
2 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

There is no margin call, Its a share I bought at 155, sold at 170. Bought again at 152 and its currently at 118.

When it hits 0 its gone.

I'll let it ride, as I said its a small bet I'm pretty certain to lose. My portfolio is up 11k in two days anyway so its a small loss.

Tesla share is not a normal share, its a cult. I can see the logic - give tesla lots of cash to win the electric car game. Won't work.

https://www.electrive.com/2021/01/07/germany-records-43000-new-bev-registrations-in-december/

You are so shit at this Game.  Tesla M3 best selling car, of all cars in the UK in December, almost twice the ID3 being sold at a 8k discount to get EU emission target sales.  Hey ho. 

2061036965_Tesla2020Dec.thumb.JPG.ee770c18d6f06349b078022ac7b6b0e4.JPG

HOLA443
32 minutes ago, markyh said:

You are so shit at this Game.  Tesla M3 best selling car, of all cars in the UK in December, almost twice the ID3 being sold at a 8k discount to get EU emission target sales.  Hey ho. 

2061036965_Tesla2020Dec.thumb.JPG.ee770c18d6f06349b078022ac7b6b0e4.JPG

Germany is Europe's biggest market. ID3 is the best selling Electric car in Europe.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/electric-cars/tesla-model-3-was-uk’s-best-selling-new-car-december

HOLA444
1 minute ago, Peter Hun said:

Germany is Europe's biggest market. ID3 is the best selling Electric car in Europe.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/electric-cars/tesla-model-3-was-uk’s-best-selling-new-car-december

I ask you again, because you chose to ignore where you are bested. How many BEV did VW sell in China and USA as a percentage of BEV sales in 2020?  And these are the two worlds biggest car markets. 

0.0001% is my guess. 

HOLA445
HOLA446
1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

The biggest market, and fastest growing, is Europe. The fastest selling make in Europe is VW, followed by Peugeot.

second Global BEV and PHEV Volumes for 2020 H1 image

What are you smoking, are you an imbecile?   Both the USA and Chinese car markets are way, way bigger than the EU , and combined they are twice the size. To date VW has sold a handful of cars in these markets and some in the EU.  

In 2020 Telsa sold 500k BEV Worldwide. So lets equal the playing field. How many BEV did VW sell Worldwide in 2020, so yes you can include your precious EU.  And FYI, a PHEV is not an EV, it's a ICE.  A BEV has only a battery and motor, no engine. 

1473353102_2021cars.thumb.JPG.e9855fa83e1ec38b065d7543e37dc2e4.JPG

HOLA447
HOLA448
22 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

I give up, waste of space.

Bested. I understand. Lets review at the end of 2021, maybe VW might have sold more BEV worldwide by then than Tesla. If they don't come to a screaming stop around October @ 700k cars because they have reached their 2021 Global Fleet Emissions targets for EU/UK/USA fines so they sell no BEV last quarter and only push ICE. 

Which is exactly what they Did with the ID3 in 2019, would allow deliveries in Q4 2019 as it only counted as a CO2 credit from 2020.  

HOLA449
HOLA4410
On 07/01/2021 at 19:59, Peter Hun said:

When it hits 0 its gone.

Ouch. Tesla closed the week at $880, another $80 up from this post, How close to zero now, or just to complete my fun (and i do you entertaining), what price Has Tesla shares got to hit for your position to be closed wiped out to "0"?

FYI Tesla rumour mill is saying $25k Tesla (with tech and autonomy capable) might being reveal towards the end of 2021!!  For sale in 2022.  Worldwide by 2023. 100GWH of Tesla battery production in 2022 planned.  Game over man, Game over.

Also, Apple car might be made by Hyundai, and wont be for sale until...............................2027!!! PMSL. 

HOLA4411
3 hours ago, markyh said:

Ouch. Tesla closed the week at $880, another $80 up from this post, How close to zero now, or just to complete my fun (and i do you entertaining), what price Has Tesla shares got to hit for your position to be closed wiped out to "0"?

FYI Tesla rumour mill is saying $25k Tesla (with tech and autonomy capable) might being reveal towards the end of 2021!!  For sale in 2022.  Worldwide by 2023. 100GWH of Tesla battery production in 2022 planned.  Game over man, Game over.

Also, Apple car might be made by Hyundai, and wont be for sale until...............................2027!!! PMSL. 

Have a look. I've got 1000 of these. Bit of fun to see what happens

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/l/leverage-shares-plc-1x-tesla-etp-gbp

So, for that 25K tesla, they will have to sell 25million a year for you to get a dividend? Good luck with that. Where is the $30K Model 3 Tesla promised three years ago? still waiting?

I'm glad to hear you know when Apple's car will be available, did Musk tell you his 25k m3 launch date too?. 

HOLA4412
38 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/l/leverage-shares-plc-1x-tesla-etp-gbp

So, for that 25K tesla, they will have to sell 25million a year for you to get a dividend? Good luck with that. Where is the $30K Model 3 Tesla promised three years ago? still waiting?

I'm glad to hear you know when Apple's car will be available, did Musk tell you his 25k m3 launch date too?. 

That's is a 12 month bloodbath  924p to 106p. Makes Bitcoin look tame.

HOLA4413

I’m not sure I get the Tesla share price either. It’s like people are blind to the mainstream makers turning EV makers. Vw as just one example will churn out plenty of decent ev’s in the next few years. The ID.3 is an excellent car. It’s not some new technology either it’s just an electric motor and battery if they haven’t caught up already the rest will very soon with Tesla and you could argue acceleration is not everything. In fact I would rather have the Kia e-Niro than a Tesla. 

Same goes for power storage, self driving etc.

just look at the iPhone you can buy a decent smart phone now for buttons and there are very few bad ones out there.

HOLA4414

Nio announce a solid state battery for their cars (ALL older models can be upgraded). Beating Tesla's 260Wh/kg with 360Wh/kg. Tesla killed stone dead in their most successful market.

The new batteries will achieve an ultra-high energy density of 360 Wh/kg.

NIO has officially announced today a groundbreaking upcoming battery option for its electric cars - 150 kWh battery packs, consisting of ultra-high energy density solid-state cells.

It's not yet available, but the Chinese company is confident that it will start customer deliveries of those new 150 kWh packs from the fourth quarter of 2022 - that's almost two years from now.

https://insideevs.com/news/465188/nio-150-kwh-solid-state-batteries-2022/

HOLA4415
11 minutes ago, brunobald said:

I’m not sure I get the Tesla share price either. It’s like people are blind to the mainstream makers turning EV makers. Vw as just one example will churn out plenty of decent ev’s in the next few years. The ID.3 is an excellent car. It’s not some new technology either it’s just an electric motor and battery if they haven’t caught up already the rest will very soon with Tesla and you could argue acceleration is not everything. In fact I would rather have the Kia e-Niro than a Tesla. 

Same goes for power storage, self driving etc.

just look at the iPhone you can buy a decent smart phone now for buttons and there are very few bad ones out there.

The price came about from confidence...... confidence of what will or will not happen in the future........entry level purchase price does matter, because as you rightly say re phones you find a good one, get to know it and how it works will more than likely stick with it when need to replace it......why pay more?.....if it works why fix it/change it?;)

HOLA4416

Something that hasn't worked out - Buy to Let Motorhomes

Motorhomes 'missing' after rental firm collapsed

People who lent a motorhome rental business money are facing big losses after it collapsed owing more than £7m.

UnbeatableHire Limited used the loans to buy more motorhomes, promising to give lenders all of their money back and returns of up to 10% a year.

But many lenders are out of pocket after the company went into administration and numerous motorhomes were said to be missing.

HOLA4417
3 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Nio announce a solid state battery for their cars (ALL older models can be upgraded). Beating Tesla's 260Wh/kg with 360Wh/kg. Tesla killed stone dead in their most successful market.

The new batteries will achieve an ultra-high energy density of 360 Wh/kg.

NIO has officially announced today a groundbreaking upcoming battery option for its electric cars - 150 kWh battery packs, consisting of ultra-high energy density solid-state cells.

It's not yet available, but the Chinese company is confident that it will start customer deliveries of those new 150 kWh packs from the fourth quarter of 2022 - that's almost two years from now.

https://insideevs.com/news/465188/nio-150-kwh-solid-state-batteries-2022/

Great. Tesla can just change to solid state, buy the maker, bring it in house. Stay ahead. 

I say...................until it's proven in production volumes, and it has advantages in all areas, it's vapourware.  Could be nmore energy dense but have terrible heat properties, so take twice as long to charge. Also for the equivilent range, it could cost twice as much to make. 

To take over it needs to be more energy dense, better thermals, and cheaper overall pack size to offer 200 miles of range. 

My guess is it can only manage 2 out 3 , which wont swing it. 

Oh, and its battery overall life for recharge cycles needs to be the same or better. One problem with HFCEV, the fuel cells wear out and make Diesel DMF changes look cheap. 

HOLA4418
3 hours ago, brunobald said:

In fact I would rather have the Kia e-Niro than a Tesla. 

Translated into EV world says "I cant afford a Tesla M3 SR"+. 😂   If they launched the TMY SR+ for £30+ made in Berlin, and dropped the TM3 SR+ to £28k new, would you still want the slow Fuggly Kia? 

Tesla has set it self as an aspirational brand. It says , i can afford a brand that doesn't do deals on price, and is luxurious, futuristic, wicked fast and "Green".   It is there with BMW MERC / Audi / Lexus.  Which is why all the company car drivers are switching to the Brand.

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, markyh said:

Great. Tesla can just change to solid state, buy the maker, bring it in house. Stay ahead. 

I say...................until it's proven in production volumes, and it has advantages in all areas, it's vapourware.  Could be nmore energy dense but have terrible heat properties, so take twice as long to charge. Also for the equivilent range, it could cost twice as much to make. 

To take over it needs to be more energy dense, better thermals, and cheaper overall pack size to offer 200 miles of range. 

My guess is it can only manage 2 out 3 , which wont swing it. 

Oh, and its battery overall life for recharge cycles needs to be the same or better. One problem with HFCEV, the fuel cells wear out and make Diesel DMF changes look cheap. 

You can hope or guess.

Chinese state is not going to allow a foreign company to own its or the world car market.

Other countries will have similar protective attitudes towards their solid state and other battery technologies.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
1 hour ago, captainb said:

Tesla market cap is now $2m per car delivered in 2019. 

Insane. Remarkable. Etc. 

Must be tempting to do an equity raise at this mad valuation and buy out a GM or Toyota. 

Why? Nothing to gain.  They can buy virgin land cheap and build modern efficient factories, why would they want to buy a massive legacy ice future loss for a bunch of sub optimal ICE factories difficult to convert? 

It's costing VW €70b (that they had budgeted for) to change some (not all) ICE factories to make BEV. 

€70b is a whole stack of brand spanking new Gigafactories each capable of making 500k BEV cars p/a. 

HOLA4422
On 09/01/2021 at 15:41, Peter Hun said:

Better sell these shares asap, they are going to zero, soon! lots of lovely 2021 bull food about Tesla you should digest. 

A lovely section on Tesla short sellers, oh man i laughed, made me think of you. Suckers. 

HOLA4423
On 07/01/2021 at 21:23, markyh said:

I ask you again, because you chose to ignore where you are bested. How many BEV did VW sell in China and USA as a percentage of BEV sales in 2020?  And these are the two worlds biggest car markets. 

0.0001% is my guess. 

I ignore you because you are an idiot asking idiotic questions. I don't have to prove that Tesla share price is ridiculous, fanboys like you keep trying to prove that it isn't.

HOLA4424
29 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

I ignore you because you are an idiot asking idiotic questions. I don't have to prove that Tesla share price is ridiculous, fanboys like you keep trying to prove that it isn't.

So you cant, because you are wrong. No shame in being wrong. Try harder next time. 

HOLA4425