House Price Crash Forum

As we all know, all the sensible people would have voted for the other party which would have done a fantastic job - it’s sooo obvious!!!!

Haha exactly. 

Remind me what that side's policy on the referendum, the Brexit deal and Covid was? Let's face it their track record on house price inflation makes them look like saints 😂

You really have to question what type of muppet voted for them.  Some on here clearly would of.

I voted for them because Boris promised he would get Brexit done. Just over one and a half months of getting into power, he had.

I must admit that I didn't think through the possibility that they might count one glove as a piece of PPE. Evil such as that hasn't been seen in the world since Hitler!

How about this projection of UK deaths from COVID by IHME and published in the Guardian back in April:

image.thumb.png.c37e869b40f7a3c4adf728f2963f3f1f.png

Unlike the Guardian to try and put down the UK with some juicy anti-UK data. It's almost as if they're the propaganda wing of a foreign government sometimes they appear to hate the UK so much and so often.

Anyhow, these forecasts that they gleefully reported had within them when the final whistle was blown in August.... 25k too many UK deaths, 15k too few Italian, 10k too few Spanish, and 15k too few French.

Germany, a very good forecast.

The IHME is apparently part of the Bill Gates foundation too. If The Guardian had known, they might have not spouted these guesses of the 'filthy capitalists' so quickly. It was very "good" new though, so maybe they overlooked it just this once.

I fecking abhor them and everything they stand for (The Guardian, not Bill Gates).

Edited by Huggy

Will the vaccination numbers follow “Testing” numbers as being misleading?

The first opportunity for 'confusion' over vaccinations will be how many have been done, but without being clear if that means both (if its a 2 does vaccine) or just the first.  

The other potential confusion might be the vaccines might not stop infections but stop serious illness or death so there could still be high case numbers come Easter.  Some vaccinated people might die anyway and still have covid+ test result despite it not being a cause of their death, giving confusion and anxiety on whether the vaccines work.

Edited by nightowl

I just tend to think the retard that is Boris made life very difficult for the Iranian lady by not reading his brief and talking about something he knew nothing about.  And then he was Prime Minister.

Boris has little or no influence on the Nazanin Ratcliffe imprisonment. Under international law, the UK cannot protect citizens with dual nationality against what their other country of nationality does to them. She is being held hostage because the UK owes £450 million dating back to the 1970's tank order from the Shah, but which Britain has refused to pay because the money will probably go to the Revolutionary Guard, and may even be illegal under present sanctions.

Boris has little or no influence on the Nazanin Ratcliffe imprisonment.

No - I mostly agree with your summary, but Boris can do a lot, BUT the idiot started by making things worse.  Pouring petroleum on the issue seems to be his forte.  He could explore giving Iran value in goods that aren’t subject to sanctions.  What isn’t in doubt is the money is owed, and Iranian has picked on the lady - Nazanin Radcliffe is paying the price.

The first opportunity for 'confusion' over vaccinations will be how many have been done, but without being clear if that means both (if its a 2 does vaccine) or just the first.  

The other potential confusion might be the vaccines might not stop infections but stop serious illness or death so there could still be high case numbers come Easter.  Some vaccinated people might die anyway and still have covid+ test result despite it not being a cause of their death, giving confusion and anxiety on whether the vaccines work.

Also the death rate amongst those vaccinated will be higher than those that have not been vaccinated. Not a conspiracy, just demographics. 

But I bet the Government will thus refuse to publish the data.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

Also the death rate amongst those vaccinated will be higher than those that have not been vaccinated. Not a conspiracy, just demographics. 

But I bet the Government will thus refuse to publish the data.

Indeed and even if it's published the media will distort it too. On the upside we may get some creative train metphores from prof VanTam.

Also by the time the roll out can have any effect it will be warmer weather anyway so numbers should drop anyway if 2020 taught us anything that cv19 is dominated by the seasons.

Unlike the Guardian to try and put down the UK with some juicy anti-UK data. It's almost as if they're the propaganda wing of a foreign government sometimes they appear to hate the UK so much and so often.

Question for you @Huggy

If you were a foreign agency looking to undermine a country would you

[a] plant news articles critiquing the way things are being done, flagging up areas that could be improved, and suggesting alternative, better courses of action

{b} plant news articles praising the government of that country, criticising its opponents, suppressing analysis and data, and encouraging people to support an incompetent and corrupt administration no matter what

[c] something else

I guess each approach has its advantages but would be interested to hear your opinions on which might be the best strategy and why

Edited by erat_forte
formatting went crazy because I wrote [b]

Indeed and even if it's published the media will distort it too. On the upside we may get some creative train metphores from prof VanTam.

Also by the time the roll out can have any effect it will be warmer weather anyway so numbers should drop anyway if 2020 taught us anything that cv19 is dominated by the seasons.

Covid 1.0 was but will Covid 2.0 be? It's the middle of summer in South Africa and they've go similar numbers to their winter peak.

Question for you @Huggy

If you were a foreign agency looking to undermine a country would you

[a] plant news articles critiquing the way things are being done, flagging up areas that could be improved, and suggesting alternative, better courses of action

{b} plant news articles praising the government of that country, criticising its opponents, suppressing analysis and data, and encouraging people to support an incompetent and corrupt administration no matter what

[c] something else

I guess each approach has its advantages but would be interested to hear your opinions on which might be the best strategy and why

Certainly B based on the current shower.

Question for you @Huggy

I was being slightly flippant with the original comment, but only slightly. There are reasons why television stations were one of the first to be seized during coups. Much more difficult nowadays with the internet though.

A big point of foreign interference is to destabilise, and to enable this I would say you'd definitely need some friends in among the official media. Taking that stick and beating the home country each and evey day reinforces the readership's views of the evils of that country and their need to also beat their home country with that stick. The Guardian, I feel, participates with glee. As do the BBC, C4, The Mirror and The 'independent'.

However, 'foreign interference' is a bit of a loony conspiracy theory and that's why I only saying it was like they were doing this. Logicaly, it's more likely simply a culture war (Bring Down The West!!) than a single boogie man country pulling the strings.

If I was in the enemy's shoes, I'd go for the media as well as the social medias. We might even have our own Yuri right here occasionally. 👀

Edit: All three of your options would work depending on how strong that country is and how they can currently achieve the other party's wishes. Knocking down a strong country and helping a weak country stay as it is are valid strategies. Never interrupt your opponent when he's making a mistake kind of thing for the latter.

Edited by Huggy

I was being slightly flippant with the original comment, but only slightly. There are reasons why television stations were one of the first to be seized during coups. Much more difficult nowadays with the internet though.

A big point of foreign interference is to destabilise, and to enable this I would say you'd definitely need some friends in among the official media. Taking that stick and beating the home country each and evey day reinforces the readership's views of the evils of that country and their need to also beat their home country with that stick. The Guardian, I feel, participates with glee. As do the BBC, C4, The Mirror and The 'independent'.

However, 'foreign interference' is a bit of a loony conspiracy theory and that's why I only saying it was like they were doing this. Logicaly, it's more likely simply a culture war (Bring Down The West!!) than a single boogie man country pulling the strings.

If I was in the enemy's shoes, I'd go for the media as well as the social medias. We might even have our own Yuri right here occasionally. 👀

So basically you criticise the sentiment not the validity of the point. Good to know

So basically you criticise the sentiment not the validity of the point. Good to know

All points might be valid, even some made in the (spit) Guardian, but if they're going to beat down the UK at every opportunity, it reduces my own generosity in initially assuming they're valid.

The particular one I was complaining about above was quite easy to work out that a) the results overestimated the UK's death rate and b) deaths underestimated (by 50% in one case) for other countries. They were publishing independent research (which is fair enough) but their motives stink.

I can even imagine the article's author clapping it's hands at the thought of loads of deaths in the UK. Sticking it right to the hated UK.

Edited by Huggy