House Price Crash Forum

This is my first post since 2008. I'm old now.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar situation here, but it does genuinely feel like the worst time to buy right now.

But then I thought that in 2003, and 2004, and 2005 actually <fade out> <some time passes> <fade in> and 2019 too. This year is also really bad. So maybe don't listen to me actually. Good luck!

Do **** off will you.

sorry count poll in the top right shows the wisdom of posters on here. only 8% were even close to getting their HPC predictions right. FWIW i am expecting a HPC not nominally but in USD Bitcoin or Gold terms. Telling posters with a join date of 2007 is rude to say the least especially with your spectacular "are the shires crashing" crapfest thread.

sorry count poll in the top right shows the wisdom of posters on here. only 8% were even close to getting their HPC predictions right. FWIW i am expecting a HPC not nominally but in USD Bitcoin or Gold terms. Telling posters with a join date of 2007 is rude to say the least especially with your spectacular "are the shires crashing" crapfest thread.

How many account do you actually have.  I spend most of my time block you.

No one in their right mind comes on to a prop house price crash after 12 years to tell everyone they've bought a house at these insane prices.

How desperate must you people be getting !!!

You're not. Rents around there look circa £900pm. 

My issue with that property would be that it's leasehold. I vastly prefer share of freehold. At your price range I'd be looking for a solid purpose-built 1960s block, not too big, with low maintenance charges. Conversions have more curb appeal for resale but I can't be doing with hearing the neighbours so easily. Thick walls, that's what makes a good flat.

Been lurking and renting forever.

I put in an offer of 215K today and got accepted. Single man who only goes outside when he has to. No desire for outside space. It's near forests.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/56043180?search_identifier=088fcbcce748642cc9dbe19cfb2d8f73

Why am I an idiot?

How old are you? How big a mortgage are you taking on?

Been lurking and renting forever.

I put in an offer of 215K today and got accepted. Single man who only goes outside when he has to. No desire for outside space. It's near forests.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/56043180?search_identifier=088fcbcce748642cc9dbe19cfb2d8f73

Why am I an idiot?

The "entrance hall" looks very narrow. What are the chances you will end up falling down the stairs on the way to bed after a few beers.

Price is ok but not great, RM shows 250 sub £250 properties in CR0 could you do better?  

I put in an offer of 215K today and got accepted

Interesting. The listing says offers over £225K so they obviously weren't too flippant with your offer of £10K under their apparent fixed minimum. 

It's not a bad flat by London standards. I like that the bedroom and living area are different directions from the door. I lived in a flat with this layout and it seems rarer now as new builds prefer to have everything in an oblong from the entrance. 

I've not seen a house converted to flats in this way before (on the side and partly in an extension) so i'd want to see what the deal is with the loft / immediate neighbours. Also, it says low service charge, but i wonder why there is any service charge given there are no communal areas. 

Edited by sammersmith

Well, you've just put in an offer for £215k for a 1 bed flat in Croydon.

Are you looking for other reasons, or was the question rhetorical?

This comment wins.

How old are you

53. 100K mortgage.

The "entrance hall" looks very narrow. What are the chances you will end up falling down the stairs on the way to bed after a few beers.

Price is ok but not great, RM shows 250 sub £250 properties in CR0 could you do better?  

I'm thinking about getting some kind of drunk barrier.

225K is my limit. I've seen a lot of stuff in CR0, usually come with ridiculous service charges.

Thanks for all the responses. Even the Count's (has that got one letter too many?)

Do you need to live in Croydon for work or something?

You could probably get an extra bedroom for the price going a bit south of the line like Redhill, or if you are brave, West Croydon.

'Parking available' can be quite naughty here if it just means you can pay for a permit, a lot of those high rises in Central Croydon also can do so but good luck actually getting a space in the street.

Do you need to live in Croydon for work or something.

'Parking available' can be quite naughty here if it just means you can pay for a permit, a lot of those high rises in Central Croydon also can do so but good luck actually getting a space in the street.

I work in Lewisham and, pre-Covid, was in or around Horsham most Saturday nights. It's conveniently placed for both.

It actually has a (small) off street allocated parking space. Luckily, my car is small.

What's the service charge? Always annoys me when they don't state lease and service/ground rent charge. Makes a big difference!

I hate that too. I always check before bothering to view. Usually an unjustifiably huge amount that adds at least £1200-1500 p/a.

This place £250 p/a. Building insurance is, as it should be, included (agents always trumpet this as some great benefit).

This comment wins.

53. 100K mortgage.

I'm thinking about getting some kind of drunk barrier.

225K is my limit. I've seen a lot of stuff in CR0, usually come with ridiculous service charges.

Thanks for all the responses. Even the Count's (has that got one letter too many?)

How much would it have cost you in 2008