• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/meandmymoney/article-9070453/Sarah-Beeny-spent-70-000-land-camping-trip.html

Tldr: she started off with family money in London living with her family and not having a job in 1992 when she was twenty. That's basically it.

I think whatever money she made in London ,she promptly lost buying the crappy stately home in Hornsea.

My mum actually suggested we go a for a drive down to Hornsea, somewhere shes never expressed any interest in ever going to, in case she saw Sarah.

The Meres good though.

HOLA447

She has intelligence, a personality and good looks, and therefore stands out amongst those Ghastly Things.

To be honest, she is honest and gives frank advice - the market has bailed you out.

Cant stand that fat simpering posh girl and her pet gay Ea friend.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/meandmymoney/article-9070453/Sarah-Beeny-spent-70-000-land-camping-trip.html

Tldr: she started off with family money in London living with her family and not having a job in 1992 when she was twenty. That's basically it.

Despite her much heralded qualities, both herself and Kirsty by quirk of age got going in property in the 1990s when they were historically cheap.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

She was easy on the eye and was talking sense.  She did often mention to people that in a normal market they would have lost money on their “investment”.  But aside from that you could watch her regardless of what she was saying  so what’s not to like.  

HOLA4413

Despite her much heralded qualities, both herself and Kirsty by quirk of age got going in property in the 1990s when they were historically cheap.

True, my uncle was the same, ended up a multi millionaire just because his business was doing well and the bank were always pestering him to take BTL mortgages.  

HOLA4414

She was easy on the eye and was talking sense.  She did often mention to people that in a normal market they would have lost money on their “investment”.  But aside from that you could watch her regardless of what she was saying  so what’s not to like.  

I suspect she knows that same rising market helped her too as she is so aware of the issue.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I think that you are misrepresnting that. It doesn't sound like they were that rich, more got lucky in property and she bought her first property at 19:

What did your parents teach you about money? 

That you need a lot less than most people think to be happy. My parents didn't have much money when I was growing up. We never had new clothes and Dad mixed porridge into mince to make it go further. But I didn't care. 

We lived in an old workers' cottage, a two-up, two-down house which had been derelict before my parents did it up. It was on an estate in the countryside, where it's easier to get by on little money. We were self-sufficient, grew our own food and had goats and chickens. 

It was an alternative upbringing. To pay the bills, my parents made doll's house furniture for collectors. Money was tight and I remember them getting stressed. But we got by and that taught me that money is relative. You can always find someone who has more than you – and somebody who has less. 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch

HOLA4417

I think that you are misrepresnting that. It doesn't sound like they were that rich, more got lucky in property and she bought her first property at 19:

What did your parents teach you about money? 

That you need a lot less than most people think to be happy. My parents didn't have much money when I was growing up. We never had new clothes and Dad mixed porridge into mince to make it go further. But I didn't care. 

We lived in an old workers' cottage, a two-up, two-down house which had been derelict before my parents did it up. It was on an estate in the countryside, where it's easier to get by on little money. We were self-sufficient, grew our own food and had goats and chickens. 

It was an alternative upbringing. To pay the bills, my parents made doll's house furniture for collectors. Money was tight and I remember them getting stressed. But we got by and that taught me that money is relative. You can always find someone who has more than you – and somebody who has less. 

Thats slightly different to the story I remember being told a while back.

That makes her childhood sound like they were brought up in an old ambulance an Greenham common.

https://www.express.co.uk/expressyourself/177550/Sarah-Beeny-offered-her-father-advice-on-starting-his-TV-career

Considering that Sarah Beeny was inspecting drains at the age of seven and re-tiling roofs at 11, it’s hardly surprising she became a successful property expert.

Especially when you learn that her father Richard is an architect. But according to Beeny senior, Sarah was never your average child.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I think whatever money she made in London ,she promptly lost buying the crappy stately home in Hornsea.

My mum actually suggested we go a for a drive down to Hornsea, somewhere shes never expressed any interest in ever going to, in case she saw Sarah.

The Meres good though.

You'll be off to Cummings castle next.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

So her parents managed to buy they house on a low income and let her live at home rent free whilst she saved doing crappy jobs, which surprisingly was enough for a deposit for a house, and her carry on living rent free whilst she developed it.

HOLA4422

Thats slightly different to the story I remember being told a while back.

That makes her childhood sound like they were brought up in an old ambulance an Greenham common.

https://www.express.co.uk/expressyourself/177550/Sarah-Beeny-offered-her-father-advice-on-starting-his-TV-career

Considering that Sarah Beeny was inspecting drains at the age of seven and re-tiling roofs at 11, it’s hardly surprising she became a successful property expert.

Especially when you learn that her father Richard is an architect. But according to Beeny senior, Sarah was never your average child.

He was an architect for Bovis Homes not some freelancing agent. And a Bovis Homes architect's salary currently ranges between £23K and £43K. So peanuts now and even less peanuts in the 80/90's. So my point stands, this thread has misrepresented her about being born into family wealth. She just got lucky.

https://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Employer=Bovis_Homes/Salary 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

So her parents managed to buy they house on a low income and let her live at home rent free whilst she saved doing crappy jobs, which surprisingly was enough for a deposit for a house, and her carry on living rent free whilst she developed it.

She also purchased it with her brother and her husband (then boyfriend). She just got lucky. Not sure why you are trying to misrepresent her Si1. 

HOLA4425

She also purchased it with her brother and her husband (then boyfriend). She just got lucky. Not sure why you are trying to misrepresent her Si1. 

So they got a joint mortgage whilst earning odd jobs. Right........