House Price Crash Forum

10 ways YOU can help make No Deal Brexit a success for Britain

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9047129/Ten-ways-help-make-No-Deal-Brexit-success-Britain.html

7 Buy a second home

That might be economically impossible for many, but it's a good time to invest in UK property as record low interest rates are likely to continue because of the economic uncertainty caused by Brexit. The market is currently booming, but you have to be prepared to weather its ups and downs, as house prices are expected to fall next year before staging a recovery later in 2022.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9047129/Ten-ways-help-make-No-Deal-Brexit-success-Britain.html

7 Buy a second home

That might be economically impossible for many, but it's a good time to invest in UK property as record low interest rates are likely to continue because of the economic uncertainty caused by Brexit. The market is currently booming, but you have to be prepared to weather its ups and downs, as house prices are expected to fall next year before staging a recovery later in 2022.

Would you agree that an AVERAGE family of 4 only spend £60 a week on food? I am clearly doing something VERY wrong! 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/likely-no-deal-brexit-cost-23158247

7 Buy a second home

No. It’s just a pathetic puff piece from the populist party daily rag attempting to deflect blame for what’s about to happen. 

This was my favourite one:

4 Suck it up!

With no 'level playing field' agreement, Britain will be able to ditch EU rules, such as the one that limits the power of vacuum cleaners to 900-watts. So if the UK repeals such red tape, you'll be able send a message to Brussels about their regulations by buying a model up to the old 1,600-watt limit.

Just what I’ve always wanted.

Not sure who sells 1600 watt vacuum cleaners, maybe Dyson will start selling them now they’ve off shored their previously British workforce. 

This was my favourite one:

4 Suck it up!

With no 'level playing field' agreement, Britain will be able to ditch EU rules, such as the one that limits the power of vacuum cleaners to 900-watts. So if the UK repeals such red tape, you'll be able send a message to Brussels about their regulations by buying a model up to the old 1,600-watt limit.

Just what I’ve always wanted.

Not sure who sells 1600 watt vacuum cleaners, maybe Dyson will start selling them now they’ve off shored their previously British workforce. 

Its such garbage. 

Globally items are built to EU or US standards.. Other markets are too small so just match their regs to one of the two. 

About the only thing the UK will still set post brexit globally is bizarrely drug prices through the NHS. Instead of negotiating directly a lot of middle income countries just say they will only pay the same as the NHS for drugs. 

Which is why for drug companies it would be such a big prize in a US trade deal

11. Eat your own testicles

Now that we’ll be free of the EU’s draconian regulations on food standards, you can do your bit for the British economy by eating your own great British testicles. Let’s face it, if you read the Daily Mail you’re probably over 70 so you won’t be needing them anymore. 

11. Eat your own testicles

Now that we’ll be free of the EU’s draconian regulations on food standards, you can do your bit for the British economy by eating your own great British testicles. Let’s face it, if you read the Daily Mail you’re probably over 70 so you won’t be needing them anymore. 

I was agreeing with you, until you launched into the ageist spheres.

12. Take up dogging 

With the EU’s bureaucratic customs checks causing huge tailbacks across the country, there’ll be plenty of bored lorry drivers looking for a bit of action to pass the long hours waiting in a flooded lorry park. You could also boost our economy by providing work for British VD clinics.

12. Take up dogging 

With the EU’s bureaucratic customs checks causing huge tailbacks across the country, there’ll be plenty of bored lorry drivers looking for a bit of action to pass the long hours waiting in a flooded lorry park. You could also boost our economy by providing work for British VD clinics.

I can see you are what our government would call a 'creative' I'd write to the daily mail and suggest this one as that really could be a great success. Not sure about eating testicles when there will be all that fish (80% of UK catches currently sold to the EU). 

I can see you are what our government would call a 'creative' I'd write to the daily mail and suggest this one as that really could be a great success. Not sure about eating testicles when there will be all that fish (80% of UK catches currently sold to the EU). 

It’s called “thinking outside the box”, it’s something we southern metropolitan elite are great at, and it’s exactly what Brexit needs to be a success.

Those plucky northerners may not have a job at Nissan anymore, but they can always make money by renting out their whippets or something. They just need to “imagineer”.

Would you agree that an AVERAGE family of 4 only spend £60 a week on food? I am clearly doing something VERY wrong! 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/likely-no-deal-brexit-cost-23158247

£60 a week for 4 is not possible with a high quality diet, that is on £2.14 per person per day.

There are 4 people in my house, and my average weekly bill is about £250.

Even when I was a teenage 33 years ago, my parents could spend £100 on big shop, though admittedly they used to shop less frequently and uses the freezer more.

£60 a week for 4 is not possible with a high quality diet, that is on £2.14 per person per day.

There are 4 people in my house, and my average weekly bill is about £250.

Even when I was a teenage 33 years ago, my parents could spend £100 on big shop, though admittedly they used to shop less frequently and uses the freezer more.

So who did the ONS use to get their data? So if the food bill will go up £624 a year on a weekly shop of £60 does that mean yours will go up 4 times that? 

14. Take LSD

That will not only help your 'imagineering' but will also help you see the promised unicorns more clearly.

£60 a week to feed a family of 4.... my ar5e, what planet are they living on? Or perhaps they are on LSD and muching on grass already in anticpation of delays at the ports and the price rises to come. 

Edited by IMHAL