HOLA441
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Stock up on excuses, people to blame, how the nasty EU won't let you have your cake and eat it, lack of 'wartime spirit to make it work', remoaner sabotage...and others stockpiling stuff that you can't find.

If you can find a backbone that might help

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Stock up on excuses, people to blame, how the nasty EU won't let you have your cake and eat it, lack of 'wartime spirit to make it work', remoaner sabotage...and others stockpiling stuff that you can't find.

If you can find a backbone that might help

Too late - sold out

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

its allways tricky when a country gets its freedom, the adjustments, the setting up of new systems, the new trading partners. but inevitably in the end i dont know any countries that did who decided to go back to being ruled. take all the eastern european countries as an example. they were ruled for years as part of the USSR once they left it they have progressed and none wants to go back to they bad old days. 

its easy to shout what will change as negatives but far harder to express positives that aint set yet. in a few years all they remainers will look foolish, hide the fact they tried to stop us gaining control back over our own destiny. yeah they will hide and cower like the dirty filth they are. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

don't forget to stock up environmental protections, workers rights, food quality standards and investment in the poor parts of the UK

Of course if your 60+ rich, live in London, own a company or have a huge pension with plenty of shares you might actually enjoy it! 

if you work for a living outside of the big smoke not so good

HOLA4415

Brie apparently.

I heard that too. Though there are other tastier French soft cheese options.

- Vacherin Mont D’Or  

- Epoissé de Bourgogne

HOLA4416

Fresh Milk, Cheese, meat, vegetables.

Once they are rotten you can throw them at the Brexit Loons. They will appreciate the re-establishment of stocks to fulfill their "Return to ye Olden Days" fantasy's.

I have some Frozen Italian Beef tomatoes 🍅 just for that purpose....must forget to defrost them.

HOLA4417

don't forget to stock up environmental protections, workers rights, food quality standards and investment in the poor parts of the UK

Of course if your 60+ rich, live in London, own a company or have a huge pension with plenty of shares you might actually enjoy it! 

if you work for a living outside of the big smoke not so good

If you don't like where we're going on any of those vote for someone who'll move them in a direction you do like. That's the whole point of a democracy.

HOLA4418

If you don't like where we're going on any of those vote for someone who'll move them in a direction you do like. That's the whole point of a democracy.

yes, but the problem with something like brexit is that most of the leavers were the old, who were voting against the interests of the young, without being burdened for having to live with those decisions for most of their lives (limited life left).

ideally on big decisions like this each vote should be weighed with how many years you have to live with the decision.

but that's democracy i guess very imperfect, and eventually as the oldies thin out they can be made to pay for the poor decisions by the next cohort who gains control over the vote, let just hope when we rejoin we can get as good of terms that we had previously if not better. 

HOLA4419

Once they are rotten you can throw them at the Brexit Loons. They will appreciate the re-establishment of stocks to fulfill their "Return to ye Olden Days" fantasy's.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Agreed. So many of these people cannot understand that others have the right not to vote what they vote for.  f they have the temerity to have a different opinion they get called childish names.  As if that is going to ever bother them :) 

HOLA4420

yes, but the problem with something like brexit is that most of the leavers were the old, who were voting against the interests of the young, without being burdened for having to live with those decisions for most of their lives (limited life left).

ideally on big decisions like this each vote should be weighed with how many years you have to live with the decision.

but that's democracy i guess very imperfect, and eventually as the oldies thin out they can be made to pay for the poor decisions by the next cohort who gains control over the vote, let just hope when we rejoin we can get as good of terms that we had previously if not better. 

The idea that your vote should count less as you get older is incredibly undemocratic. Might as well say the votes of the young should count less as they've got much less knowledge and experience of the world (if they're unhappy with how things are these days it seems a bit odd for them to want to keep the status quo that's so screwed them over). But that wouldn't be at all democratic either.

Hopefully as they'll get older they'll start to value themselves a bit more and not keep looking to something bigger to appeal to to sort out their problems for them, but to accept responsibility for themselves and use it to forge a path worth taking, one that's very willing to engage with others whilst still respecting their differences and individuality, that realises people can get on without being forced together.

I'm not optimistic about that though, we've spent too long encouraging them to run and hide behind someone else when faced with having to do anything.

HOLA4421

Mwa ha ha haaaa. As if we have a "democracy". Under any other electoral system in Europe would we have had a single conservative government with an absolute majority post WW2? Or a labour one for that matter? It takes

• 864,743 to elect the lone Green MP
  • 642,303 votes for zero Brexit Party MPs
  • 334,122 to elect each Liberal Democrat
  • 50,817 to elect each Labour MP
  • 38,300 votes to elect each Conservative MP

So much for UK democracy. 

Edited by nickb1

HOLA4422

Mwa ha ha haaaa. As if we have a "democracy". Under any other electoral system in Europe would we have had a single conservative government with an absolute majority post WW2? Or a labour one for that matter? It takes

• 864,743 to elect the lone Green MP
  • 642,303 votes for zero Brexit Party MPs
  • 334,122 to elect each Liberal Democrat
  • 50,817 to elect each Labour MP
  • 38,300 votes to elect each Conservative MP

So much for UK democracy. 

No it doesn't. Had ANY candidate from ANY party in ANY constituency received the number of votes that the actual winner received then that candidate would have been elected. BoJo got 25k votes in Uxbridge and was elected. Had any of the other 11 candidates got that figure, they would have been elected instead.

HOLA4423

JJ, it's obvious at least to me that the terms we might be offered should we have a vote in the distant future to rejoin will be an order of magnitude less than the ones we threw away.......if we are ever offered anything again. It's going to be cold, dark and lonely out there......and like Dugsbody, I now want a no deal Brexit. I too was guilty of being a remainer,  so for my sins against the will of the people, I accede fully to their demands. I will, however, stock up on a few things and hope for the best. I worked in or for the NHS from 01/12/78 until 30/11/18 and for that my pension is £440 pm and a lump sum that cleared our mortgage. We will survive this s**tshow and to be frank, having met a bunch of northerners on a day trip to Gibraltar this February, brexiteers to a man the lot of them, I do not care how badly they fare (the hardcore ones anyway, I  have some sympathy for the others).

HOLA4424

in all seriousness i work fairly senior in manufacturing as we are getting hammered with getting parts to build already, its going to cost jobs and its pretty upsetting.

I would guess PPE and food shipments will have to have priority after the no-deal mess. Which means probably dont need to stockpile those.

But its not so good if you actually make stuff and have components which need shipping in, which will be very low priority. 

Ultimately its the retired who voted for it, its the working that will pay for it. 

Put it this way, its not going to make you feel that confident of shopping and the economy in general if even real wealth creator jobs are facing redundancies, also not great for growth as now your even less likely to set up a factory in blighty.

If your an employer its probably not all bad as your workers rights wont continue to be protected under the EU laws, its only going to be more eroded (again the retired dont care)

live in the sticks and you wont get investment from London, roads deteriorate, no infrastructure spending.

Let alone that the bankers need access to that market, not often i stick up for those spivs! 

if i have lived my working life in years of plenty i wouldn't mind some lean years to regrow after brexit, but for those whos working life was mostly post 2007 its all been lean years, and to get worse is very hard to stomach. 

Edited by jiltedjen

HOLA4425