House Price Crash Forum

YouTuber allegedly kills pregnant girlfriend during live stream—and viewers reportedly urged him to do it

And they talk about western degeneracy?

The hypocrisy stings and also reeks of societal insecurity to firmly embrace regressive social policies:

The weird, unpleasant aspects of present day Russian society must be tied into their odd 20th century where they awkwardly transitioned from a semi-agrarian kingdom into a badly run nuclear armed superpower that quickly collapsed under the weight of its mistakes and injuries by the late 80s early 90s - if only the Tsarists transitioned to democracy better or a revolutionary faction was less loony. 

Edited by Big Orange

The weird, unpleasant aspects of present day Russian society must be tied into their odd 20th century where they awkwardly transitioned from a semi-agrarian kingdom into a badly run nuclear armed superpower that quickly collapsed under the weight of its mistakes and injuries by the late 80s early 90s - if only the Tsarist transitioned to democracy better or a revolutionary faction was less loony 

And that in turn can be linked to the aftermath of the First World War, which screwed up the world in so many ways.

I wouldn't be surprised Russia as we know it today became a rump state or dissolved away entirely before this century's out (because it got so many myriad problems baked in and the PRC could feasibly eat its lunch).

Also an increasingly aggressive neo-Ottomanism. As much as we might disparage Russia, they have historically acted as a buffer.

And Russia's proxy, Armenia, lost quite badly. Also Turkey has the youngest population in Europe and been rapidly modernising since the 90s/00s (while Russia is still going backwards according to most metrics, despite its vast resource wealth briefly stemming its decline in the late 00s).

This is the Turkish expansionist dream:

CfwxgCBXIAEr4Uk?format=jpg&name=900x900

An Turkic empire from the Aegean to the Chukchi comes across as Hitlertarian pie in the sky claptrap, when Russia will likely still be a relevant nation until the 2050s, as relatively weakened and terminally dysfunctional as it's been for decades.

Personally I'm not so down on Russia's prospects. While Putin has superficially been taking the country in the wrong direction, I think he's laid the groundwork for a future moderniser to align it with the West.

Personally I'm not so down on Russia's prospects. While Putin has superficially been taking the country in the wrong direction, I think he's laid the groundwork for a future moderniser to align it with the West.

He stayed in power far too long and may have laid down the groundwork for further Russian implosions and contractions by appointing then enriching his circle of cronies:

He and his regime in recent years may have projected a better image of Russian strength and stability than in the wild, grossly incompetent Yeltsin era, but theft and crisis may be better hidden.

..from the original post, it seems like he was one of those 'influencers' with an army of 'followers' who were egging him on and paying him tips.  He claims to be innocent and blames it on drugs.

Interesting psychological effect where extremes become normalised when decided as part of a group, a few famous, and highly controversial experiments come to mind here.

Always bothers me when nice women end up with thugs, I see that a lot where I live.  Normal female instinct to find a protector and provider has been corrupted by the welfare state to a certain extent.  Pushing a pram around food banks waiting for bf to be released from prison,again, is poor recompense for being with the 'ardest guy in zyx town.

In reality, very unusual world events like this become daily newsfeed now.  One in 100 million events becomes boringly common when there are 7 billion of the f*ckers doing stupid stuff daily. 

I wouldn't be surprised Russia as we know it today became a rump state or dissolved away entirely before this century's out (because it got so many myriad problems baked in and the PRC could feasibly eat its lunch).

What would it become a rump state of?  China?

Things could get quite interesting when Putin dies/retires.  

The country has an amazing amount of natural resources, and could have a lot of potential, however I doubt if they will get very far.  I think they have got quite severe birth rate problems, so maybe they will become so empty that some army can just march in (though history shows marching on Moscow in winter is not a good idea!!)

Edited by reddog

..from the original post, it seems like he was one of those 'influencers' with an army of 'followers' who were egging him on and paying him tips.  He claims to be innocent and blames it on drugs. 

Blaming other things (or their victims) for their dreadful actions is a classic sign of a psycho or narc, IMO.

Also Russia, even in its death throws, will not be a push over when today it has over a million men and biggest tank force, to start with (also the Russian winter, while it didn't help matters for the invaders, was something of a myth).

Edited by Big Orange

Blaming other things (or their victims) for their dreadful actions is a classic sign of a psycho or narc, IMO.

Also Russia, even in its death throws, will not be a push over when today it has over a million men and biggest tank force, to start with (also the Russian winter, while it didn't help matters for the invaders, was something of a myth).

Russia really isn't in its death throes. People have the highest standard of living they've ever had.

And that in turn can be linked to the aftermath of the First World War, which screwed up the world in so many ways.

As soon as they were capable (1919) they invaded Germany with the intension of taking France next. Defeated around Warsaw.

My comment got wiped in the downtime but this wasn't the first time this guy had encouraged people to give him money to hurt/torture his girlfriend. Perhaps they will make an example of him, but I expect not. Best situation is for her family (if she has any who care) to buy some alternative justice.