House Price Crash Forum

Break lockdown rules - pay peanuts

A healthy amount of public humiliation, a ruined 30yo bday party. In itself quite a punishment. But right, in this day and age of inequality, one can be bankrupted for this, pocket money for the other. You can apply this to any kind of punishment that is a flat rate. 

That might just cover the bar tab if guests aren't too greedy and remember to bring thier own coke. Drinks charges at these places worse than a soho bed show.

The hidden story here being that venue would have been booked some time ago, can't beleive this was an impulse snap decision.  Probably would all have got away with it, along with the management who enabled it, if they could just refrain from posting selfies on instagram for a few hours. 

That might just cover the bar tab if guests aren't too greedy and remember to bring thier own coke. Drinks charges at these places worse than a soho bed show.

The hidden story here being that venue would have been booked some time ago, can't beleive this was an impulse snap decision.  Probably would all have got away with it, along with the management who enabled it, if they could just refrain from posting selfies on instagram for a few hours. 

Nothing to do with me mate - blame the shareholders!.

"The restaurant's director Nicholas Fallows also told The Sun that he hadn't been aware of any plans for an event and the restaurant was 'owned by shareholders'.  "

A healthy amount of public humiliation, a ruined 30yo bday party. In itself quite a punishment. But right, in this day and age of inequality, one can be bankrupted for this, pocket money for the other. You can apply this to any kind of punishment that is a flat rate. 

Lets see what happens on the licence renewal - could prove to be an expensive decision 

Nothing to do with me mate - blame the shareholders!.

"The restaurant's director Nicholas Fallows also told The Sun that he hadn't been aware of any plans for an event and the restaurant was 'owned by shareholders'.  "

That is so funny.

One company with one property and director has one directorship listed.

It is supposed to be closed and dont tell me in London you would not have CCTV and security in place.

Imho this is not feasible unless you have multiple outlets and a general manager goes rogue because he cannot say no to Ms Ora.

In this case I cannot see any other scenario other than worshipping at the feet of celebrity and bend to their whim. 

I have little doubt there is a sexy CCTV system in there and that system feeds to the directors phone.

If you try and book a table you cannot until the day lockdown ends so who got all the staff off furlough?

The statement of the Director basically reads as my billionaire owner wants to impress chicks so went behind my back and did it.

Edited by Fromage Frais

that's because we should have Finnish style fines linked to  your wealth. 

That'll both raise more revenue, as well as moderate the behaviour of the obscenely wealthy.

That'll both raise more revenue, as well as moderate the behaviour of the obscenely wealthy.

Should coin it on parking fines.

I thought the supercars all over the place was ******** until I almost crashed into a blacked out Aventador parked in the middle of the road in London a year or so back.

Knowing my luck I will be caught by a temp speed trap doing 32 and get my housing deposit taken into account

Still dont think it would make a lot of difference. Most have more money than they know what to do with.

A good dose of humiliation is needed. Give them a few hundred hours working in a soup kitchen, homeless shelter etc. Make them see how others have to cope with nothing.

Still dont think it would make a lot of difference. Most have more money than they know what to do with.

A good dose of humiliation is needed. Give them a few hundred hours working in a soup kitchen, homeless shelter etc. Make them see how others have to cope with nothing.

What is needed is getting rid (with extreme prejudice) of the Karen Hitlers of today who demand mass house arrest and soon, mass forced vaccination.

Edited by Locke

Brown envelope and a 'Community Donation' sorts that out.

evidence ?

What have you got against the poor?

Personally I have nothing at all against the poor or the rich.  I consider myself lucky to be in good health and have heal;thy family and friends.  That is what matters to me.  

Personally I have nothing at all against the poor or the rich.  I consider myself lucky to be in good health and have heal;thy family and friends.  That is what matters to me.  

Ho-hum... It's at times like this that I feel sorry for stand-up comics.  You posted this about what you think should happen to the obscenely rich:

The question "What have you got against the poor?"  was in the context of your proposal that, as well as being poor, they should put up with clueless rich people being humiliated by an introduction to them.

Ho-hum... It's at times like this that I feel sorry for stand-up comics.  You posted this about what you think should happen to the obscenely rich:

The question "What have you got against the poor?"  was in the context of your proposal that, as well as being poor, they should put up with clueless rich people being humiliated by an introduction to them.

The sarcasm wasnt lost - just didnt comment on it.