House Price Crash Forum

Should we be deporting Murderers and rapists, after serving their sentence

Should we be deporting Murderers and rapists, after serving their sentence   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be deporting Murderers and rapists, after serving their sentence

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-jamaica-deportation-flight-coronavirus-lockdown-b1761607.html

The Home Office has scheduled a deportation flight to Jamaica on the day England’s month-long coronavirus lockdown lifts, sparking outrage and accusations of institutionalised racism. 

Speaking with The Independent, Zita Holbourne, the national co-chair of Black Activists Rising Against Cuts UK and the organiser of a long-running petition calling on the Home Office to end “mass deportations” to Jamaica, said it was a dangerous step to deport people during a pandemic. 

She said she was disturbed to learn the government had planned the deportation flight for 2 December, the day England’s nationwide lockdown aimed at preventing the spread of Covid-19 lifts. 

“There hadn’t been any [deportations to Jamaica] through the first lockdown … and, in fact, a lot of people were released from detention because of the coronavirus pandemic,” Ms Holbourne said. 

3500.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if they are dual citizens?

PS:  Why then did you vote yes

AIUI you can't deport citizens (which includes dual citizens). I suspect there may be caveats about deporting for crimes committed before citizenship was obtained. Isn't the issue about the Jamican deportees that they are not actually UK citizens, but only residents?

All this will be tested if those cases of jihadists and their wives and children, who left to fight for an Islamic state, ever gets to a British court.

There wasn't an option in the poll for:

C) Incompetent Prime Ministers born in US

What if they are dual citizens?

PS:  Why then did you vote yes

See above post from onlooker for the legalities. 

Ps. I voted yes because if they couldn't be bothered to get citizenship, they deserved to be deported.

Australia is deporting citizens, first stripping them. Canada did with a nazi war criminal too I believe. 

Australia is deporting citizens, first stripping them. Canada did with a nazi war criminal too I believe. 

There's no reason not to deport them if they're not citizens; it's absurd not to. But stripping people of citizenship to deport them? That doesn't sit well with me, it rather counts against the idea that all citizens are equal. The only exception I can think of is if it could be proved there was some fraud with getting citizenship in the first place.

There's no reason not to deport them if they're not citizens; it's absurd not to. But stripping people of citizenship to deport them? That doesn't sit well with me, it rather counts against the idea that all citizens are equal. The only exception I can think of is if it could be proved there was some fraud with getting citizenship in the first place.

Agreed in part. 

The Canadian nazi war criminal had forgotten to mention on his application for Canada his time in the camps. Hence he lied when applying. 

But look at the facts: up to age 25 (say) in Germany.  Then from 25 to age 95 in Canada.  Can't really say he should be stripped of citizenship after all that time. He wouldn't even recognise his birth town. 

So I think your bad citizens are your problem. 

Where does this leave the UK born and bred Bangladeshi who,age 15, goes off to join isis? Rises through the ranks to become enforcer of Sharia law on the terrorised population.

Can't be treason, because the UK was itself breaking international law by fighting there with no declaration of war. 

her lover was killed in uk drone strike. 

I reckon she was a terrorist. But definitely not treason. Was she more of a war criminal than uk dropping drones on syria or Pakistan (or enjoying the fruits of torture chambers in Abu ghraid)? Doubtful in my view as uk hands are not clean either; pot calling kettle black?

I reckon they'll have to bring her back for trial here eventually. But they don't have to let in the Tunisian terrorist husband. And according to her own Sharia law, the children stay with the husband. Outside england. Possibly?

Where does this leave the UK born and bred Bangladeshi who,age 15, goes off to join isis? Rises through the ranks to become enforcer of Sharia law on the terrorised population.

Can't be treason, because the UK was itself breaking international law by fighting there with no declaration of war. 

her lover was killed in uk drone strike. 

I reckon she was a terrorist. But definitely not treason. Was she more of a war criminal than uk dropping drones on syria or Pakistan (or enjoying the fruits of torture chambers in Abu ghraid)? Doubtful in my view as uk hands are not clean either; pot calling kettle black?

I reckon they'll have to bring her back for trial here eventually. But they don't have to let in the Tunisian terrorist husband. And according to her own Sharia law, the children stay with the husband. Outside england. Possibly?

Trouble is, the trial will be a farce. The victims are all dead, witnesses probably all dead, and there will be almost no evidence. When ISIS wiped out whole ethnic groups, they made sure there were few or no survivors, expecially not women and children. She only has to say she misses British cooking and walks on Hampstead Heath, and the Guardianistas will be clamouring for her acquittal.

Trouble is, the trial will be a farce. The victims are all dead, witnesses probably all dead, and there will be almost no evidence. When ISIS wiped out whole ethnic groups, they made sure there were few or no survivors, expecially not women and children. She only has to say she misses British cooking and walks on Hampstead Heath, and the Guardianistas will be clamouring for her acquittal.

Hitler was evil, this is a 15 year old girl who would have failed her CSE exams, the reason it will not go to trial is that it does not make any sense.

https://www.holocaust.org.uk/

Hitler was evil, this is a 15 year old girl who would have failed her CSE exams, the reason it will not go to trial is that it does not make any sense.

https://www.holocaust.org.uk/

No need to mention Hitler, that's being a bit desperate. Fixing the right tariff for a crime seems to be far beyond the capability of the UK legislature. Charlie Elphicke (ex MP) was jailed for 2 years for for a bit of drunken groping. On that scale, somebody even slightly complicit in numerous heinous murders would have to serve a whole life tariff, and a lot more.

Establishing the complicity of the junior party in a crime is always difficult. Rose West got a full life tariff, when the evidence against her being responsible equally with Fred West, was not overwhelming.

I suspect this case will come to court in the UK, but the trial will collapse for lack of evidence sufficient for the UK legal system to convict. Dead men (women and children) tell no tales.

No need to mention Hitler, that's being a bit desperate. Fixing the right tariff for a crime seems to be far beyond the capability of the UK legislature. Charlie Elphicke (ex MP) was jailed for 2 years for for a bit of drunken groping. On that scale, somebody even slightly complicit in numerous heinous murders would have to serve a whole life tariff, and a lot more.

Establishing the complicity of the junior party in a crime is always difficult. Rose West got a full life tariff, when the evidence against her being responsible equally with Fred West, was not overwhelming.

I suspect this case will come to court in the UK, but the trial will collapse for lack of evidence sufficient for the UK legal system to convict. Dead men (women and children) tell no tales.

you cannot equate a 15 year old with Hitler, you should read history, you seem very stupid.

If they're citizens, no. 

But if they're not citizens, why on earth not deport them. 

No we should keep them and hunt them in a televised sport of some sort. If they live they and defeat the hunters they get to go home. I'm thinking yellow jump suits and lots of gore and ways to die. Hunters as celebrities. 

Hand on minute, didn't they trial this in 2017 ?  See below. 

No we should keep them and hunt them in a televised sport of some sort. If they live they and defeat the hunters they get to go home. I'm thinking yellow jump suits and lots of gore and ways to die. Hunters as celebrities. 

Have a nasty feeling that's what isis did with christians. 

It's only funny till you have it for real....

LOL, you are odd one out we have 23 YES and 1 NO

This Bangladeshi travelled 1000 miles for the romance of having it for real. 

Then stayed several years seeing how glorious it was to kill christian men and turn christian women into sex slaves and her own slaves. 

Then worked her way up to being Sharia law enforcer. 

And they're telling me she just did it for the romance of freedom. And never saw nothing. I don't believe it. She saw, and yet she stayed. 

Now she wants to sponge on the benefits system.... 

Send for priti Patel!

Put them in prison and bill the embassy, at a 100% markup.

Let their home country absorb the cost of foo n keep.

If they dont pay then they die.

There are way too many EU prisoners in UK jails. That cost needs to go o the native country.

Something the EU was very  amiss at putting place.