House Price Crash Forum
ronnie

Jobs For Future

What jobs/careers will prosper over next 50 years? which are unlikely to be outsourced? i have degrees in accountancy and finance but havent trained in any companies and am considering a future career in this "globalised world".i have heard creative industries will prosper but i aint a creative person! unless its creative finance!

What jobs/careers will prosper over next 50 years? which are unlikely to be outsourced? i have degrees in accountancy and finance but havent trained in any companies and am considering a future career in this "globalised world".i have heard creative industries will prosper but i aint a creative person! unless its creative finance!

The only career in this country that you can guarantee an excellent, secure income throughout your working life with generous pension benefits is if you are a doctor (i.e. medic, GP, not if you have a PhD) or dentist. As the population ages healthcare demands will soar. Dunno who's going to pay for it though - at current increases in council tax vs how much my salary goes up, it will overtake my take home pay by 2047. Of which 70% will be used to pay for local government pensions and the remainder will be used to pay for "Public Services".

Everything else in this country can be outsourced.

I'm a creative person and the wages are dire. I've no idea how that might change in the future though. The problem with the creative industry is that you're either someone or you're noone, it's an all or nothing kinda world... by that I mean you're either a pop-star earning millions or a session musician earning pennies, or an artist like David Hockney who's known the world over or someone who scrapes a living painting watercolours and selling them for £150 each... or a designer like Mark Farrow doing loads of work for the Pet Shop Boys and such like, or someone like me earning the wrong side of £20K. If I'd known what it would have been like when I was at school I'd have aimed myself squarely at finance like my best mate did – he earns six times what I do.

Doctors can listen to a child's breathing over the phone and make a diagnosis so they don't need to be in this country.

I would like to see a proctologist give a diagnosis over the phone...

"Just stick the phone up your ar*e and I will have a listen..."

We've had a few threads on this topic, some interesting stuff gets suggested but let me be the first to say....

funeral directer

Crack dealer.

:lol::lol::lol:

Now THAT is job security. Any luck they will do another "War on Drugs" and the prices will go up again.

Now let me think, a "War on Houses"? I'm sure they will think of something. They have tried everything else to hold up the market. What about knocking down more council flats?

Gardening is the job of the future. Applicants should be flexible about location and a good knowledge of different species of bamboo would be an advantage.

I would like to see a proctologist give a diagnosis over the phone...

"Just stick the phone up your ar*e and I will have a listen..."

What's the difference between a proctologist & a gynecologist?

About an inch.

:P

I'm peed off with PR but was thinking about postgrad something in Investment Banking or similar??

Surely most of those banking jobs will be exported to India before long? From what I've read financial analysts, for example, cost a small fraction as much over there.

Guest Bart of Darkness

As oil starts to run low...

Farmer?

Arms dealer?

You might need to combine the two. The crops will need defending from roving bands of feral chav ratboys who are used to getting free handouts.

medicine

high barriers to entry, relatively fulfilling and always likely to put a roof over your head, food in your mouth and a visa in your passport to the destination of your choice.