House Price Crash Forum

Banksters call for a 5 percent 'privilege' tax on people choosing to work from home

Warlord

My son in law is working from home.

His employer delivered two computer screens together with associated paraphernalia.  to his house.

They take up a lot of space in the living room.

Seems to be reasonable to me for him to charge his employer rent for the space and inconvenience,

Say about 5% of his salary?

Your DSIL is saving money and time with no commute. It’s swings and roundabouts. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son now works from home (re covid) his company has virtually taken over his 2nd room with no payment to him for the costs re utility bills rent food which his company were responsible for at the office, his car allowance is to be withdrawn in April as well as his lunch allowance. One big winner coming in the future and it wont be the employee it will be the companies that no longer have to fork out on high office rents and the associated costs etc

Office rent was about 15k per year per employee two years ago at my last employer (Picadilly Circus). Additional cost probably added another £5k (food, power, office management)

My son in law is working from home.

His employer delivered two computer screens together with associated paraphernalia.  to his house.

They take up a lot of space in the living room.

Seems to be reasonable to me for him to charge his employer rent for the space and inconvenience,

Say about 5% of his salary?

Would like to see him try it - they will refer to his JRM - Job retention medal

Edited by GregBowman

Somehow the general population missed this crime.....

https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/about-pensions/pensions-basics/automatic-enrolment

The state pension should be the only pension people need.

When they make it, compulsory enrollment that's when to get the 4x4 and your say out for this is public taxation for private profit.

For basic needs yes. But we need to put more in then (ignore NI its a tax not an insurance) 

For basic needs yes. But we need to put more in then (ignore NI its a tax not an insurance) 

Exactly.  You get enough to live on in old age and if you want more fund it yourself.

Forcing people into pensions that profit the spivs of London is an act of criminality

Exactly.  You get enough to live on in old age and if you want more fund it yourself.

Forcing people into pensions that profit the spivs of London is an act of criminality

Easy on the spivs we all gotta make a living guv ! Totally agree this is getting boring - have a proper government run pension fund where your contributions go as an individual (weirdly the states have got this right) and lump NI in with tax which it is 

image.thumb.png.4aeff1dfacad421a3260a52f6463a6d2.png

Baby boomers did not pay their share

If you want to educate yourself: 

Sweet mother of Jesus... "David Linsay Willetts, Baron Willetts, Conservative Party politician and life peer." The party that decimated industry, sold off the 'family silver' & currently raping the UK to profit their cronies..... Catch yourself on.

Interesting graph, speaking as a Gen X er, you notice there is a huge diff between being an early or late GenXer , being born in 1976, I was somewhat screwed, but not as much as later generations.

As a millennial right at the peak of that graph...yep, I'm totally facked.