House Price Crash Forum

...on oil shares, that is.

One for the trolls, soz, couldnt resist it.

Oh hang on...all your moneys tidied up in a house.

That's the easiest cash I'll ever make.

The thing that I've learned from HPC...the government are ****s but if you know that you can profit.

image.png.f1b05cbc87a716eea74b8b12c996d8a9.png

image.png.4186668d4133777071f981c878fd86e9.png

image.png.ef4f3e95c07dc2a3a1c7beec9a526505.png

Just waiting on Exxon to bring much joy to my day.

Investments can go down as well as up..unless the government is scamming everyone, then they just go up.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

...on oil shares, that is.

One for the trolls, soz, couldnt resist it.

Oh hang on...all your moneys tidied up in a house.

That's the easiest cash I'll ever make.

The thing that I've learned from HPC...the government are ****s but if you know that you can profit.

image.png.f1b05cbc87a716eea74b8b12c996d8a9.png

image.png.4186668d4133777071f981c878fd86e9.png

image.png.ef4f3e95c07dc2a3a1c7beec9a526505.png

Just waiting on Exxon to bring much joy to my day.

Investments can go down as well as up..unless the government is scamming everyone, then they just go up.

I thought you sold out for mega gainz? £20k a month in a falling market? 

Now you just bought in this morning ... i see... sold yet? or are we waiting to see tomorrows charts before explaining the next move in hindsight.

I mean making money out of oil has been tough. Shell is still 50% down since the start of the year. Nightmare market for most...

How much did you lose when it tanked a year ago ?

Even with todays rise we are still 80% of peak.

Nothing.  I don't normally invest heavily in the stock market but the since the lockdown collapse it's been too good to miss.

For anyone that followed the "Credit deflation and reinflation thread" ( sadly gone ) you'd know this was coming.

It's the old argument that buying is dead money/opportunity costs.

We'll see some big inflation coming and some big interest rate hikes.

Guess what'll suffer the most.

Must be all the tourism and  car journeys to work.

Or just pure speculation that we'll return to normal but the bankers will have $5T more in their pockets.

If CV19 lockdown is a banker cash grab then you should place yourself accordingly.

If you believe inflation is coming and mortgage rates will keep rising, get ready for the mother of all UK property collapses, 70% in London would not be unfeasible ).

Or just pure speculation that we'll return to normal but the bankers will have $5T more in their pockets.

If CV19 lockdown is a banker cash grab then you should place yourself accordingly.

If you believe inflation is coming and mortgage rates will keep rising, get ready for the mother of all UK property collapses, 70% in London would not be unfeasible ).

Yep leak some good news and they all go back up.

Maybe I should open a share isa after all. I was going to shove 20k into the Dow in March but chickenend out 🤣

I'm pretty sure a pop in london will happen wether we get the inflationary side affect no idea. I'm not seeing any Inflation in goods right now.

I'm not seeing any Inflation in goods right now.

Don't you believe it. Lurpak in Tesco's was £2.20. I went for a pack the other day with exactly £2.20 in my pocket and it'd gone up to £2.35 overnight. I had to go home and get 15p and go back. 

Don't you believe it. Lurpak in Tesco's was £2.20. I went for a pack the other day with exactly £2.20 in my pocket and it'd gone up to £2.35 overnight. I had to go home and get 15p and go back. 

😂

Just the buy the own brand stuff posh git.

I bought a smeg dishwasher last week same price as 2009 !

😂

Just the buy the own brand stuff posh git.

I would, but the last time I did I scooped a great dollop into my cake mix for a dinner party, only for my sister-in-law to find a discarded food-glove in her slice.    

Yep leak some good news and they all go back up.

Maybe I should open a share isa after all. I was going to shove 20k into the Dow in March but chickenend out 🤣

I'm pretty sure a pop in london will happen wether we get the inflationary side affect no idea. I'm not seeing any Inflation in goods right now.

Just bought a 3lb loaf tin for the price of a 2lb tin 3 months ago.

I'd say that indicates the panic buying is over and/or the pay cuts are hitting.

Which one.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/252581962

Lurpak Slightly Salted Spreadable 250G

Lurpak Slightly Salted Spreadable 250G

Click here to open zoom in to image

£ 2.20
£8.80/kg

Just bought a 3lb loaf tin for the price of a 2lb tin 3 months ago.

I'd say that indicates the panic buying is over and/or the pay cuts are hitting.

You see its deflation, dont but anything, it will be cheaper next week

I'm not seeing any Inflation in goods right now.

You're not looking hard enough. Take an Aldi loo roll. Last year the radius of the cardboard roll increased. Last month the sheets were wrapped more loosely around the roll.

My house will be paid off in 8 years time, but you'll still be paying your Landlord's mortgage 😉

I like your smugness.

But lets check again in 8 years time and see whether my share portfolio has doubled again based on my returns over a similar timeframe and if your house price has halved due to punitive taxation measures introduced, as I expect either a CGT or land value tax on owner occupied homes. Let me continue to make use of tax free investing with an ISA i.e. I pay no CGT or income tax on dividends. Not only that there is no service costs for housing maintenance unlike owner occupied homes.  Maybe I will put a bid on your home and still have enough to retire on! 

Have a good day sir

I like your smugness.

But lets check again in 8 years time and see whether my share portfolio has doubled again based on my returns over a similar timeframe and if your house price has halved due to punitive taxation measures introduced, as I expect either a CGT or land value tax on owner occupied homes. Let me continue to make use of tax free investing with an ISA i.e. I pay no CGT or income tax on dividends. Not only that there is no service costs for housing maintenance unlike owner occupied homes.  Maybe I will put a bid on your home and still have enough to retire on! 

Have a good day sir

Eugh. Not sure why we need to go down this weird my fiver is better than your fiver route.

You can do both - as in buy if you i dont know want to live somewhere.. and also invest in ISA's and co. Its what the vast majority of the population do.

Just saying, primary residences will get taxed in the future at CGT rates which would be a massive vote loser.. but they never would consider taxing ISA or changing the SIPP rules (why as that would be unpopular also?) is just bizarre. 

Personally i can see CGT rates going to income tax rates for second homes and the ISA and primary residences remaining as is.. boring i know. But seems by far the most likely outcome. 

Edited by captainb

I like your smugness.

Have a good day sir

It's not all just about money though, it's about having somewhere nice to live.