House Price Crash Forum

Halifax House Price Index October 2020

Report Headline:
Average UK house price reaches new record high – but market set to slow in coming months   

Even they are embarrassed by the figures they're publishing it seems. However, how do they know what the future direction of the market is?

The coming five months will see no end to furlough, yet another wave of QE hitting the market and the very real possibility of both negative BoE IRs and an extension to the Stamp Duty holiday. Plenty of fuel for the fire there. 

Report Headline:
Average UK house price reaches new record high – but market set to slow in coming months   

Even they are embarrassed by the figures they're publishing it seems. However, how do they know what the future direction of the market is?

The coming five months will see no end to furlough, yet another wave of QE hitting the market and the very real possibility of both negative BoE IRs and an extension to the Stamp Duty holiday. Plenty of fuel for the fire there. 

Halixfuxeds did not know they were bust.

Look at the number of transactions not prices.

Report Headline:

I think it is more of a case of oh shit how do we boast prices are rising and  also have the begging bowl out at the same time for more government gravy.

So much for Brexshit, Covid-1984, and the Great Reset, eh?  

Exactly my thoughts . 

Far too short term IMO. House prices have been "improving" for 20 years. Brexit was 9 months ago, COVID 8, we're all hoping for a nice quick collapse (otherwise why are we here) but a year or two is, in my mind, the best case for them to hit a nice quarter or third off peak. God know how long for a really good 3/4ers, 4/5ths, or even a perfect 9/10ths off.

Hell, it's going to take that long for all my housing competitors to relocate to France or Germany, or lose their jobs, you know long these things take. Fecking glacial. It took 3.5 years from the Brexit vote to actually leave. I think we're still in for a bit of a slog 😞

Edited by Huggy
Quoting fail

Till they remove the magic carpet of furlough we will not know the full story. To me the economy is a dead body with Qe furlough blanket covering it up.

The Coroners need to arrive and soon rigor mortis has set in.

Till they remove the magic carpet of furlough we will not know the full story. To me the economy is a dead body with Qe furlough blanket covering it up.

The Coroners need to arrive and soon rigor mortis has set in.

Until then everyone of importance is furloughed on 80% pay sitting at home taking the shilling, you are in mammys basement squandering your life savings, and I am working my way through the pandemic (never been busier) on a salary increase. 

Mad times. 

Until then everyone of importance is furloughed on 80% pay sitting at home taking the shilling, you are in mammys basement squandering your life savings, and I am working my way through the pandemic (never been busier) on a salary increase. 

Mad times. 

I find it hard to believe considering your daily post count of delusions and grandeur.

The one track bitcoin pony.  no squandering buddy none at all.

Enjoy brexit btw.😂

Just 0.3!

After all the madness of the mini boom I expected at least 1% for October. Vi's must be cacking it now. The only way is down unless another intervention comes along. 

I think the general feeling is a massive drop, right now it’s starting to fracture and while it’s hard to say when the drop will be large in many places.  The reason is that there are too many job losses and the unemployed can’t pay these large rents and mortgages.  There are also too many businesses closing for good.  The cycle will be deflationary as demand dies back.  Also there is too much pressure to move away from consumption that’s destroying the environment.  

Thanks for posting rantnrave.

The madness is drying up it seems.

Just a quick anecdote, I was looking at  gaffs here recently in the Reading area and looking at what the current owners paid I note they both bought in 2014. One was on at exactly the same price and one was 1.5% more. Looks like prices around here haven't moved much in 6 years.

Have these current rises been skewed upwards by the lack of first time buyers? 

Thanks for posting rantnrave.

The madness is drying up it seems.

Just a quick anecdote, I was looking at  gaffs here recently in the Reading area and looking at what the current owners paid I note they both bought in 2014. One was on at exactly the same price and one was 1.5% more. Looks like prices around here haven't moved much in 6 years.

Have these current rises been skewed upwards by the lack of first time buyers? 

I guess it depends on the areas in Reading. That is not the picture I've had from living in the area for just over 6 years.