House Price Crash Forum

Helen Skelton ...... here I am in Formby, which prices are shooting up and more property sold in (missed it) than they did for the whole of last year....

https://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_report.htm?location=formby&startmonth=08&startyear=2010&endmonth=08&endyear=2020

Prices have been flat for 15+ years. Down in real terms

The bottom graph show houses sold.

Pants on fire....

Now Olly from Laayds!! Who could only put down 5%...

Banks are knocking all these aspirational borrowers, young n old.

I dont get this. 10% has been  standard for years.

The expert told it the way it will be. He sees a 5 to 10% decline in house prices in 2021. That will be the last time to buy before prices escalate for the next 10 to 20 years. Hopefully the cash in your bank won't have been stolen or inflated away before you get the chance to do the deed.

The expert told it the way it will be. He sees a 5 to 10% decline in house prices in 2021. That will be the last time to buy before prices escalate for the next 10 to 20 years. Hopefully the cash in your bank won't have been stolen or inflated away before you get the chance to do the deed.

😂 they might, but at this point so will salaries so something has to give. 

agree that cash is pointless so get rid, but I wouldn’t bother with a house right now - there are many other assets that are far better value.

Am i reading this right. 

Itv are broadcasting a tv program saying house prices will fall 10%.

That would be a miracle given they've gone up 10% this year alone so we'd not actually in reality had any falls from cv19. 

Did they mention london prices already down 10% this year and no one can sell? 

Sounds like they are breaking the sheeple in gently 

😂 they might, but at this point so will salaries so something has to give. 

agree that cash is pointless so get rid, but I wouldn’t bother with a house right now - there are many other assets that are far better value.

Nobody is going to get more in salary. Have you not heard that people are losing their jobs with many more to follow? The future is you work for Amazon or the state, and you'll be paid peanuts for it.

Nobody is going to get more in salary. Have you not heard that people are losing their jobs with many more to follow? The future is you work for Amazon or the state, and you'll be paid peanuts for it.

And home owenership becomes a walled garden yeah? And in fact, if you didn’t own any form of asset before the great reset, you’ll never own anything, because hence forth everyone is paid peanuts regardless of their skill value?

right oh. There’s this little thing called death that has a way of rebalancing things. 

Nah it's only temporary. I think this is the last wave that will cause alarm. Then mostly back to work for most, pent up demand to unleash at Christmas and into Q1 plus Lord knows however much printy printy sloshing about. 

On 05/11/2020 at 22:46, adarmo said:

I know I shoudn't rip the piss out of people based on their choice of clothing but I think it may reflect their state of mind. What kind of couple wears tracksuits for photos like these? At least make an effort, it's your five minutes of fame .

Moving%20day.jpg?w=768

I know I shoudn't rip the piss out of people based on their choice of clothing but I think it may reflect their state of mind. What kind of couple wears tracksuits for photos like these? At least make an effort, it's your five minutes of fame .

Moving%20day.jpg?w=768

I think they did make an effort. That's the scary part :D 

And home ownership becomes a walled garden yeah? And in fact, if you didn’t own any form of asset before the great reset, you’ll never own anything, because hence forth everyone is paid peanuts regardless of their skill value?

right oh. There’s this little thing called death that has a way of rebalancing things. 

problem is the grim reaper has been a bit slack lately average life expectancy 81+ which means if you want to inherit your probably near 50. Bit late isn't it and that's supposing your parents haven't maxed out equity release 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/mindandbody/just-one-age-group-has-increased-their-exercise-amid-coronavirus/ar-BB1anqF0

Us oldies aren't giving up just yet 😉