House Price Crash Forum

Policy impact on house prices around the world.

This Australian web site has recently been brought to my attention.

https://liberatevictoria.org/

I wonder if it will have any effect on house prices there?

Probably not as Victoria had 0 cases in the last 24h Link

Interestingly, Herpes Farage has rebranded himeself 'anti lockdown party', saying the vested interests of the BBC, House of Lords, etc etc are holding the UK back - Didn't he fix that first time round?

Probably not as Victoria had 0 cases in the last 24h Link

It was in that context that I found liberatevictoria.org to be interesting.

Farage might be an obnoxious ex-metals trader... and he hasn't been very successful winning seats in UK institutions... but, it's hard to argue that he has not already had a significant impact on British politics.  Perhaps he will again?

It was in that context that I found liberatevictoria.org to be interesting.

Farage might be an obnoxious ex-metals trader... and he hasn't been very successful winning seats in UK institutions... but, it's hard to argue that he has not already had a significant impact on British politics.  Perhaps he will again?

Farage did f*** all. What has he actually recommended as part of his Br*xit? He's flipped flopped from Norway+, No Deal, and Free trade more than a dead halibut.

The only reason we're in this mess is that Cameron went for the Hat Trick after winning AV, and IndyRef but couldn't put a decent argument forward. No Government will touch a Referendum again.  Farage is nothing more than the ideological wing of the Tories, just keeping them in check but holding no power

Edited by msi
Forgot 3rd Referendum

This Australian web site has recently been brought to my attention.

https://liberatevictoria.org/

I wonder if it will have any effect on house prices there?

The combined effort of the Australian Federal government and state governments,  both LNP (right wing  nut jobs) and Labor (as it is spelt there) has just about always been to push up house prices until just before the last election when Labor was going to adjust the unfair tax regime that is favour of BTL spivs and parasites.   In Victoria where this is/was they have had a Labor state government stuffed up with covid somewhat by doing what the UK did, ie pushed things out to private contactors who took the cash and provided a 3rd rate service.  This resulted in Victoria having the hardest and longest lockdown in Australia.  The LNP are trying to capitalise on this for obvious political purposes.

The LNP is desperate to get house prices rising again and have introduced even more first home buyer handouts which as we all know just pushes the prices up by an exponential of what extra the bank will lend you. 

Australia has a lazy approach to economic matters and relies 100% on the exponential growth of population, its cheap and easy. It pushes growth as we know it along nicely but what is never stated is that growth-per-capita has been shrinking and the quality of life has been diminishing for the last 2 decades for a large portion of its inhabitants. 

Australia already has almost the highest house prices in the world thanks to the devious taxation system which created the  BTL mega ponzi scheme and other initiatives to push prices up for first time buyers.   The feeding frenzy has been non stop for 20 years now and 2/3rds of the population see house prices rises as an absolute right, far more so than in the UK (can you believe?)

The state governments help it out by allocating land to favoured developers who then bank it like they do in the UK and drip feed it onto the market which works a treat, especially in an expanding population market.  eg Melbourne has grown 1.5 Million people in the last 20 years. Up from less than 3 Million and house prices have quadrupled  in that timeframe while employment has become disjointed and insecure, just like the UK.

Just thought I would trot this out for anyone planning to abdicate to Aus.  

Edited by steve99