House Price Crash Forum

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how would Rishi’s ‘you have to work one day a week to get furlough’ work?

Be replaced to if you are forced to close heres a grant would be my guess. 

Time limits this can kick down the road sorry lockdown as ludicrously expensive 

Be replaced to if you are forced to close heres a grant would be my guess. 

Time limits this can kick down the road sorry lockdown as ludicrously expensive 

This is getting daft, we saw he was willing to pay 66% to all the bar staff to pubs forced to closed in tier 3. Maybe it will be that.

I don’t think this lockdown will be anywhere near as popular, no nice little bike rides in the sunshine and 80% pay for nothing. Can you tell I’m a bit narked off having worked this whole time? 🤣

This is getting daft, we saw he was willing to pay 66% to all the bar staff to pubs forced to closed in tier 3. Maybe it will be that.

I don’t think this lockdown will be anywhere near as popular, no nice little bike rides in the sunshine and 80% pay for nothing. Can you tell I’m a bit narked off having worked this whole time? 🤣

I am glad ive worked right through. I would have gone a bit strange otherwise.

On the economics, Feels a bit like going to a fancy restaurant with people you kind of know. 

Some start ordering champagne and cocktails all fun and games. 

But now they are going for the fillet steak and expensive wine list...

Hmmm it's not going to be pretty when the bill split comes. 

On the healthcare side any cost benefit analysis seems to be ignored almost religious now. 

Here in France we have to have a time-stamped certificate every time we want to leave the house (as of yesterday). If you want to exercise it can only be up to 1km from where you live and for one hour. It's not so different from the first lock down, except the schools and care homes stay open.

Many Parisians fled the moment they heard news of a lockdown, causing gridlocked roads coming out of the city. I suspect the same will be true of Londoners soon.

Edited by crash-and-burn

🤣🤣

Loockdown 2: Lock Harder

HAHAHAHA

"Why did you have to nuke the whole country Rishi?"

"When you steal £30M no one cares....but when you steal £300B they will find you...unless you're all dead"

In Germany, France, Spain, Italy, as well? Remarkable impact. 

Or almost as if policy just pushes forward or kicks can down the road. 

Far better to panic and live cowering behind your sofa from something that's very unlikely to kill most of us, whilst begging for secret police to start wandering around beating anyone who dares stick their head out of their window.

I don't understand why we need a national lockdown. We have a detailed report per Council. Some don't show any increase in Covid rate. Why ask everyone to stop living? 

"Look, we're doing something!" (even things for which the authority to do simply should not exist in a civilised country, no matter how many imbeciles who refuse to be responsible for themselves beg for it).

Far better to panic and live cowering behind your sofa from something that's very unlikely to kill most of us, whilst begging for secret police to start wandering around beating anyone who dares stick their head out of their window.

Actually with all the nonsense with the anti BREXIT parliament last year, this is beginning to get a bit like the film V for Vendetta.

V-for-Vendetta-Mask-Anonymous-Guy-Fawkes

Here in France we have to have a time-stamped certificate every time we want to leave the house (as of yesterday). If you want to exercise it can only be up to 1km from where you live and for one hour. It's not so different from the first lock down, except the schools and care homes stay open.

Many Parisians fled the moment they heard news of a lockdown, causing gridlocked roads coming out of the city. I suspect the same will be true of Londoners soon.

What if you cant print these off or store them on a portable device? Do you need them on you or do you have a ref number to quote. Can it be done any other way than online?

That is truly appalling behaviour froma government, and appalling behaviour for anyone supposed to enforce it who is willing to do so. There really should've been mass resignments from the police at that, but sadly it looks like you can scare people in to line with "if it's about health" in France as well as the UK - never allowed to question that, burn heretics at the stake stuff. Even if it really made a difference that is so far in to "the end does not justify the means" territory that there's no way it could ever be acceptable. Hang your head in shame, France! Or didn't you want the Germans kicked out in 1945?