House Price Crash Forum

Are the trolls getting angry again ?

Where's the evidence of trolls getting angry?

It's a brave person who comes on this website and says they've decided to buy. 

The only problem they've got is that the whole economy is so fragile at the moment it's hard to argue against waiting a bit. 

But I don't smell fear and desperation. I only smell fear of missing out being a dead duck of an argument. 

Even the trolls here have given up trying to justify HPI.  They now dribble over the related  (in their mind only) topics of Br*xit, Immigration, Trump, and attacking anything that looks a bit foreign

The only problem they've got is that the whole economy is so fragile at the moment it's hard to argue against waiting a bit. 

But I don't smell fear and desperation. I only smell fear of missing out being a dead duck of an argument. 

Buying now is like jumping into cloudy water without knowing how deep the pond is. Let the water clear, gather more information and then hey, if you are going to jump then jump...

Who buys during a busy catch up period whilst the summer sun is shining? With lots of pent up demand and lots of viewing buyers. Er...only those who aren’t getting proper advice from those of us who have seen this before. 

At least the economy is okay...not. At least job prospects look secure...not. At least the FTSE is doing ok...not. 

There are enough signals out there for a FTB to be told to sit in their hands for a short period then review again.

Must admit I have only successfully bought for 36 years so I don’t know much....

10 weeks...then review. 

Jeez...I have just been trolled.👹🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Agreed anyone some people here think no one is entitled to hold a different opinion to their own,they want to be patted ion the back and told they are a financial genius.  .  If they have a different point of view  they are called a troll - childish and boring. 

They now dribble over the related  (in their mind only) topics of Br*xit, Immigration, Trump, and attacking anything that looks a bit foreign

The only person who goes on about Brexit is you. We all know how woke you are as you never miss an opportunity to do virtue signalling - (pats you on back)

Agreed anyone some people here think no one is entitled to hold a different opinion to their own...If they have a different point of view  they are called a troll

Quite.

When I first joined this site in 2007 you had a little flag to set to describe yourself as "bull" "bear" or "neither" and all of those viewpoints were shared and discussed.

Now it's really just an echo chamber on not just house prices but most subjects, with any challenge to the groupthink quickly quashed by declaring the poster a "VI" "troll" etc 

Quite.

When I first joined this site in 2007 you had a little flag to set to describe yourself as "bull" "bear" or "neither" and all of those viewpoints were shared and discussed.

Now it's really just an echo chamber on not just house prices but most subjects, with any challenge to the groupthink quickly quashed by declaring the poster a "VI" "troll" etc 

Not sure Venger, DrBubb, DurhamBorn et al would laud the 'good ol days' as being full of decent discourse. 

Strange how the most shrill callers of 'troll' are the same that berate folks as 'beardy lefty', 'woke', and 'snowflake'

Not sure Venger, DrBubb, DurhamBorn et al would laud the 'good ol days' as being full of decent discourse. 

Strange how the most shrill callers of 'troll' are the same that berate folks as 'beardy lefty', 'woke', and 'snowflake'

Interesting. 

I remember the old days here too, been lurking here for years. This forum had, and still has at times, a really unique mix of opinion,wit and humour. A little laddish at times, but personally I find (mainly mature educated) men tend to be more logical and less emotional in their thinking- no apologies. Mumsnet often seen as HPC's antithesis-despite maybe being better at both being mums and predicing long term property inflation. 

Maybe a victim of it's own sucess and reach that there are actually some genuine trolls and VI's here -I can't imagine this forum having escaped the attention of China and Russian troll farms, and would be quite offended if they did not see this as a worthy opinion forming target that reaches an audience that other more dumbed down social media doesn't. 

I've noticed many times the guests here vastly outnumber signed-in members, this perhaps an indicator of this forum's reach and public opinion forming potential much wider than membership. Also over the past decade there has been a quantumn leap in this online trolling, including uk interests.  It works both ways - I've even been accused of being part of British 77th brigade military information warfare elsewhere.

Quite.

Couldn't agree more with this. And it's not just on this forum, but pretty much across the entire internet and about any subject. Most of these highly opinionated characters lack confidence, suffer from a low self-esteem, and are jealous that other people have something they don't. It must be quite a sad life for someone to have to spend their entire time (look at their post count) name calling people they don't even know on the internet. Pathetic.

Isn't it?  Amazing how people whine when others fight fire with fire.  Case of 'if you can't take it don't dish it'

Certainly interesting how you are on both sides simultaneously there.

Just wondered what you meant by snowflake. Would you describe yourself as a 'shrill caller of 'troll'' since you also like the snowflake term? What even do you mean by it? 

Couldn't agree more with this. And it's not just on this forum, but pretty much across the entire internet and about any subject. Most of these highly opinionated characters lack confidence, suffer from a low self-esteem, and are jealous that other people have something they don't. It must be quite a sad life for someone to have to spend their entire time (look at their post count) name calling people they don't even know on the internet. Pathetic.

Agreed. Even more astounding when they explain how much money they made on other trades and timing the housing market etc etc. Imagine making 20k a month on oil trading and posting thousands of comments on here. 

I'd be on a boat or building my forever home. Each to their own though i guess. 

Agreed. Even more astounding when they explain how much money they made on other trades and timing the housing market etc etc. Imagine making 20k a month on oil trading and posting thousands of comments on here. 

I'd be on a boat or building my forever home. Each to their own though i guess. 

A thread on what positive ( could add negative )?actions taken since joining.....eg; bought and paid for a house. Or living in a great place with a long-term, secure affordable rent. Started own profitable business or moved abroad, learnt a language, passed an exam, secured an exciting enjoyable job with prospects, got married, now have so many kids...etc, etc.;)