House Price Crash Forum

Who wins trump or Biden?

24gray24

HOLA441

Trump, though with Biden's "most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics" working to undermine the election, it may have to go to the Supreme Court.

And there's still the rumor that the Democrats are planning violence at polling stations on election day.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Indeed polls are fake like all the last elections and  Brexit

They tend to be self selecting, small pool.

The problem with this US election - and the UK Brexit vote - is the media and pollsters spent their time talking ot people who normally vote.

or Brexit, the result wa a surprise as the vote energised people who dont normally vote.

Same for Trump. Hes energising a large sector that have been left behind/ignored by US media and politics.

In short, like the US, the US media live in a little bubble.

HOLA443

They tend to be self selecting, small pool.

The problem with this US election - and the UK Brexit vote - is the media and pollsters spent their time talking ot people who normally vote.

or Brexit, the result wa a surprise as the vote energised people who dont normally vote.

Same for Trump. Hes energising a large sector that have been left behind/ignored by US media and politics.

In short, like the US, the US media live in a little bubble.

Economy trashed, millions out of work, public healthcare overwhelmed, the national debt up by a third, race riots on the streets of every city, Wall Street richer than ever, Covid deaths off the chart...

Left behind? They certainly have been.

HOLA444

Economy trashed, millions out of work, public healthcare overwhelmed, the national debt up by a third, race riots on the streets of every city, Wall Street richer than ever, Covid deaths off the chart...

Looks like a con to me, I expected nothing else from the man who brought the world Trump "university".

HOLA445

The governors are in charge of the states. President can only do so much like when he closed the borders to China.  Biden called that move "xenophobic" but it saved lives.  Trump acted decisively with regards to COVID.

HOLA446

The governors are in charge of the states. President can only do so much like when he closed the borders to China.  Biden called that move "xenophobic" but it saved lives.  Trump acted decisively with regards to COVID.

:lol:

The Dettol Man acted decisively with regards to Covid! He also balanced the budget and eliminated the US trade deficit with China.

HOLA447
HOLA448

(...)

Like with the last US election, I don't think we should be asking who is going to win... rather, we should ask who we expect to lose.

Yes.

But I suspect that the killer blow has not yet been struck.

(It could well be self harm.)

Edited so that the the bit I was replying to was visible.

HOLA449

What else can he do ?

The governors are in charge of the states. 

You cannot be serious. Trump has consistently mislead the American public about the severity of the disease - which he once dismissed as a hoax-  undermined the advice of his healthcare officials re. social distancing, sanitisation and mask wearing; failed to secure US borders and quarantine new arrivals long after it became known that the principal vector of C-19 into the US was air traffic out of Western Europe. Above all that, of course, is the wretched state of the US public healthcare system over which he presides, and even here he's sought to withdraw from the very poorest Americans the modest provisions introduced via Obamacare.

HOLA4410

Biden landslide is seriously underpriced. If the pollsters & media are guilty of anything, it's timidity caused by the scars of being seen to be "wrong" last time (even though the polls did acknowledge it was going to be very close - as it was)

HOLA4411

Biden landslide is seriously underpriced. If the pollsters & media are guilty of anything, it's timidity caused by the scars of being seen to be "wrong" last time (even though the polls did acknowledge it was going to be very close - as it was)

Close? He won 300 Electoral votes. He needs 270 to win and he'll get them easily IMO.  Only the popular vote was close but that isn't the system

HOLA4412

You cannot be serious. Trump has consistently mislead the American public about the severity of the disease - which he once dismissed as a hoax-  undermined the advice of his healthcare officials re. social distancing, sanitisation and mask wearing; failed to secure US borders and quarantine new arrivals long after it became known that the principal vector of C-19 into the US was air traffic out of Western Europe. Above all that, of course, is the wretched state of the US public healthcare system over which he presides, and even here he's sought to withdraw from the very poorest Americans the modest provisions introduced via Obamacare.

Trump immediately closed the border to China/Wuhan which his opponents  criticised. He appointed task force headed by the Vice President. He also took many other actions to deal with the pandemic.  He signed several bills passed by Congress for treatment/testing and paycheck insurance (TRILLIONS)

What more do you think he could have done ?

HOLA4413

Trump did not immediately close the border. There were Americans coming back from Wuhan 2 weeks after the so called border closure. He also claimed that the US was the first country to close borders. He was wrong, that was Italy.

Trump is nothing more than one big con man. It's so obvious.  Then again I don't support Biden either. The US political system is both bought and broken.

HOLA4414

Trump did not immediately close the border. There were Americans coming back from Wuhan 2 weeks after the so called border closure. He also claimed that the US was the first country to close borders. He was wrong, that was Italy.

Trump is nothing more than one big con man. It's so obvious.  Then again I don't support Biden either. The US political system is both bought and broken.

Remind me what Biden and the Democrats said when he closed the border to China, please?

HOLA4415

Remind me what Biden and the Democrats said when he closed the border to China, please?

I don't give a sht what they said. I'm not here to defend them. You are obviously enamoured with a complete and utter disgrace of a human being. Enjoy being conned because that's what Trump is, a con man. Nothing more, nothing less.

HOLA4416

I don't give a sht what they said. I'm not here to defend them. You are obviously enamoured with a complete and utter disgrace of a human being. Enjoy being conned because that's what Trump is, a con man. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wow, you have serious issues.  Trump is a statesman and loves the UK & has offered us a trade deal after Brexit. I hope he wins

HOLA4417

Another warning sign of a ossified, failing political system is that with all the relatively recent Presidential candidates (Hillary, Joe, and Donald) is how elderly they now are (mirroring the Soviet politburo/presidium by the 1980s).

And the US Government in recent decades seems more about campaigning to be elected (or re-elected) than about running the country...

HOLA4418

Another warning sign of a ossified, failing political system is that with all the relatively recent Presidential candidates (Hillary, Joe, and Donald) is how elderly they now are (mirroring the Soviet politburo/presidium by the 1980s).

+1 The current band are only interested in supporting the elites.  What's more telling is the battle between the old elites and the new elites (Zuckerberg, Dorsey, Bezos, Musk et al).  Notice the GOP are gunning for the 'liberal tech' but this is a mask.

The old elites needed a semblance of democracy to keep their power, but the new elites don't - China proves they work in autocracy or democracy.

HOLA4419

Important to note

Also inside America there is a lot of talk and action re people leaving states like California and moving to republican states.

It would be bizarre that democrats leave their home states due to lockdowns, riots and taxes.... only to turn their republican destinations over come election time.

HOLA4420

Yes out of 300 - 400 million people and some really better candidates... they contrive to serve up two old fogeys.

Yes Trump is a massive spiv who started with x00 million etc etc.  But just as bad are these politicians who earn xxx hundred grand and then somehow end up with tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars there.

Hilary Clinton is supposedly worth over 100 million $  Obama over 40 million$  supposedly from speaking and book deals.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2020/10/22/how-the-bidens-earned-167-million-after-leaving-the-white-house/

Amazing 

No wonder Boris is depressed the day job wages are just not worth it.

HOLA4421

Yes out of 300 - 400 million people and some really better candidates... they contrive to serve up two old fogeys.

Yes Trump is a massive spiv who started with x00 million etc etc.  But just as bad are these politicians who earn xxx hundred grand and then somehow end up with tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars there.

Hilary Clinton is supposedly worth over 100 million $  Obama over 40 million$  supposedly from speaking and book deals.

Never happens here. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/theresa-may-outdoes-boris-johnson-with-1m-from-speech-fees-8cvwnhvxd

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Boring speaker imho.

Are these fees payment for genuine insight/entertainment or payment for earlier services rendered?

God knows.

Although why hide it that way? Just take a non-exec or advisory role during your term. Works for all aside from the PM.

Didnt PWC or someone pay Prince Harry £200k to chat about....? his highly relevant experience being a squaddie...? or ?

HOLA4424

Does no one believe in a biden landslide, as per polls? 

(That says something, but only about pollsters).

Voter fraud seems like a real issue too: some court said the signature doesn't have to match public records!

I can't see it being a landslide to biden anyway. People are fed up with all the looting. 

HOLA4425

Does no one believe in a biden landslide, as per polls? 

(That says something, but only about pollsters).

Voter fraud seems like a real issue too: some court said the signature doesn't have to match public records!

I can't see it being a landslide to biden anyway. People are fed up with all the looting. 

The polls don't predict that though. Whether you win California with 51% or 99% is irrelevant.

They are predicting a Biden chance of victory of about 67%, Trump 34% last time i looked with much closer results expected in the swing states that matter.

Biden will probably win. At 7/1 a landslide Biden victory isnt a bad shout. The Democratic vote which was bored last time has been suitably fired out to get out and vote by Trump - see number of early ballots cast and ques. 

Archived